What do you think about this?

PNGndn07

pngfan66 said:
Justafan said:
wacape said:
Since everyone's throwing their 2 cents in....what's the deal with Antonio Arvie???? The kid turns the corner on Gregory-Portland and runs for a TD and we've never seen him since except for blocking duty. Teams are stacking up the middle against Travis and Chase...they don't even worry about the flanks because they know we have no speed to the outside. Why should we deal with our opponent's team speed and they don't have to worry about ours because our speed is on the sidelines holding his helment in his hands. Put BOTH Chase and Antonio together in the backfield if you still want Bertrand out there. You don't think our opponents salivate when only Bertrand is the lone RB? All they have to do is tee off between the tackles and forget about the flanks. With Antonio running outside, that would free up Chase and Travis up the middle. It's not rocket science....put #25 in and at least try it for a series or two.

+100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to agree somewhat. Change up the mix with the backs to keep a D honest. They mostly know if Bertrand gets the ball he is going between the tackles most of the time. I don't think we can honestly say that Arvie is the answer either. Its the blocking. We do need better pass protection for Miller. He needs to be able to set up and pass. Alot of teams know they can blitz either up the middle or on the corners and make Miller scramble and make some bad throws. We have to counter that Defensive strategy or all teams will do that to us and more than likely have the same results. Some games we do great, others we struggle. Yes I think Arvie may be faster than Bertrand, but Coach is sticking to his plan. Probably won't change unless a injury occurs. But who knows, maybe he could be thinking the same thing. Make some changes to the run game to throw off the D. We do need to be able to get to the corners and cut up field. Also I think maybe throwing Romero in to the mix on Offense as another receiver would probably cause some heartache for an opposing D. He is one of, if not the fast' guy we have on our D. He has great hands as well, can jump very high as well. Remember the kick off return against Crosby. Just some thoughts. I think we will be ok, just need to execute better and keep the penalty's down. Coach Faircloth is very intelligent and knows football. If something isn't working, move things around and try a different approach. Same with the D. I trust the coaches to make the right choices and decisions based upon talent levels and personnel.

Faircloth isn't a huge fan of players playing both ways. Romero ever playing offense would mean that the offense is seriously struggling, which they really aren't. It boils down to the o-line run blocking for any sort of success running the football. They have their shining moments, but consistency is the name of the game. Another issue with Arvie is that he's a senior that has had pretty good success with the limited opportunity. As a senior, his opportunities are few so it would be a shame to see him riding the pine the majority of the season. If you want corners, Arvie will get the corners with or without blocking (as we've seen in his few carries). A two back set would be great to mix it up and would help Bertrand as well as Arvie. I'm not one to tell any coach anything cause i respect the knowledge and understanding they have about their players and the game. With that said, i do believe that Arvie wouldn't hurt our running game. I think he'd only improve it. No shame in losing to Livingston. They were the better team for sure. I am confident in the Indians winning the rest of the district games though!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
PNGndn07 said:
pngfan66 said:
Justafan said:
wacape said:
Since everyone's throwing their 2 cents in....what's the deal with Antonio Arvie???? The kid turns the corner on Gregory-Portland and runs for a TD and we've never seen him since except for blocking duty. Teams are stacking up the middle against Travis and Chase...they don't even worry about the flanks because they know we have no speed to the outside. Why should we deal with our opponent's team speed and they don't have to worry about ours because our speed is on the sidelines holding his helment in his hands. Put BOTH Chase and Antonio together in the backfield if you still want Bertrand out there. You don't think our opponents salivate when only Bertrand is the lone RB? All they have to do is tee off between the tackles and forget about the flanks. With Antonio running outside, that would free up Chase and Travis up the middle. It's not rocket science....put #25 in and at least try it for a series or two.

+100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to agree somewhat. Change up the mix with the backs to keep a D honest. They mostly know if Bertrand gets the ball he is going between the tackles most of the time. I don't think we can honestly say that Arvie is the answer either. Its the blocking. We do need better pass protection for Miller. He needs to be able to set up and pass. Alot of teams know they can blitz either up the middle or on the corners and make Miller scramble and make some bad throws. We have to counter that Defensive strategy or all teams will do that to us and more than likely have the same results. Some games we do great, others we struggle. Yes I think Arvie may be faster than Bertrand, but Coach is sticking to his plan. Probably won't change unless a injury occurs. But who knows, maybe he could be thinking the same thing. Make some changes to the run game to throw off the D. We do need to be able to get to the corners and cut up field. Also I think maybe throwing Romero in to the mix on Offense as another receiver would probably cause some heartache for an opposing D. He is one of, if not the fast' guy we have on our D. He has great hands as well, can jump very high as well. Remember the kick off return against Crosby. Just some thoughts. I think we will be ok, just need to execute better and keep the penalty's down. Coach Faircloth is very intelligent and knows football. If something isn't working, move things around and try a different approach. Same with the D. I trust the coaches to make the right choices and decisions based upon talent levels and personnel.

Faircloth isn't a huge fan of players playing both ways. Romero ever playing offense would mean that the offense is seriously struggling, which they really aren't. It boils down to the o-line run blocking for any sort of success running the football. They have their shining moments, but consistency is the name of the game. Another issue with Arvie is that he's a senior that has had pretty good success with the limited opportunity. As a senior, his opportunities are few so it would be a shame to see him riding the pine the majority of the season. If you want corners, Arvie will get the corners with or without blocking (as we've seen in his few carries). A two back set would be great to mix it up and would help Bertrand as well as Arvie. I'm not one to tell any coach anything cause i respect the knowledge and understanding they have about their players and the game. With that said, i do believe that Arvie wouldn't hurt our running game. I think he'd only improve it. No shame in losing to Livingston. They were the better team for sure. I am confident in the Indians winning the rest of the district games though!
I have to agree with you. Coaches will thrown is some different things probably. Faircloth seems to always have something up his sleeve that we haven't seen yet. The coaches know what and were the problems are and have more than likely already begun discussing them. We just have to sit back and trust in the coaching staff and the boys. Things are getting better and the boys are working hard.

turn2

GOT TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO #43 SCOTT STEWART WHO WAS INSERTED INTO A STARTING ROLE AT MIDDLE LINE BACKER TO HELP STOP LIVINGSTONS RUNNING GAME.THIS KID WAS ALL OVER THE FIELD. HE HAD A TON OF TACKLES.GREAT KID! GREAT JOB SCOTT

pngfan66

500+ Posts
turn2 said:
GOT TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO #43 SCOTT STEWART WHO WAS INSERTED INTO A STARTING ROLE AT MIDDLE LINE BACKER TO HELP STOP LIVINGSTONS RUNNING GAME.THIS KID WAS ALL OVER THE FIELD. HE HAD A TON OF TACKLES.GREAT KID! GREAT JOB SCOTT
Heard his name alot on the radio. Great JOB !!! Just shows you the depth that the team has ! Good to see someone who isn't afraid to get into the mix of things and make things happen !

oldindian69

CAN ANY ONE IN HERE TELL ME HOW TO GET TO THE BULLDOG SITE? I do not think they have one............

PNG OVER nederland.....friday night......

OldEagle

500+ Posts
oldindian69 said:
CAN ANY ONE IN HERE TELL ME HOW TO GET TO THE BULLDOG SITE? I do not think they have one............

The site was shut down due to lack of usage. They usually use the "other" sport site.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
nederbulldogs#1 said:
IndianFan said:
Aggie fight song and human barking and growling, only in Nederland, TX. ;D

fatbulldog.JPG
nice photoshop
Ta-wah-que-nah.jpg

i will take a fat dog and you can have the fat warrior

You can have both of them.

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
nederbulldogs#1 said:
IndianFan said:
Aggie fight song and human barking and growling, only in Nederland, TX. ;D

fatbulldog.JPG

looks like he is full of Indians... :welcome:
BHAHAHA! Have to say pretty good! But I think he is scared from the butt kick-n he will get Friday and cannot have a bowel movement !

SCALP EM # 8
LOVE MY NOO #4
GO JV # 20

Bigdog

The Dog
OldEagle said:
oldindian69 said:

The site was shut down due to lack of usage. They usually use the "other" sport site.

And you know this how?? LOL. :huh:

bandkid

Staff member
Bigdog said:
OldEagle said:
oldindian69 said:

I believe that was stated by a former moderator for the Nederland site on SETXSports.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Bigdog said:
OldEagle said:
oldindian69 said:

If you ever went to that site when it was up you would have seen very few posts. Plus I heard from a Nederland citizen that the guy who own the site was shutting it down due to lack of interest.

Bigdog

The Dog
bamakid said:
Bigdog said:
OldEagle said:
oldindian69 said:

I believe that was stated by a former moderator for the Nederland site on SETXSports.

I was the moderator on the site. I havent heard a reason why it was shutdown.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores