What in the World is going on?

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
badndn said:
So how many of you have a problem with other student activities reaping some of the benefits from the largest arena we have for fundraising (football games at the Reservation)?

How many parents of football players have had to fork out over a $1000 this year for their child to play football at PNG this season? I will "jump to a conclusion" on this one...ZERO! Now go talk to the parent of an Indianette or Cheerleader! These are just a couple of examples. If you want those organizations and other non-sports organizations to die just keep taking away their opportunities for fundraising.

Look folks I love PNG Sports and Sports in general, but I also realize that there are other student organizations that need the opportunities that a large crowd like what we have on a Friday night afford them for fundraising.

Great post!!!!!!

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
badndn said:
So how many of you have a problem with other student activities reaping some of the benefits from the largest arena we have for fundraising (football games at the Reservation)?

How many parents of football players have had to fork out over a $1000 this year for their child to play football at PNG this season? I will "jump to a conclusion" on this one...ZERO! Now go talk to the parent of an Indianette or Cheerleader! These are just a couple of examples. If you want those organizations and other non-sports organizations to die just keep taking away their opportunities for fundraising.

Look folks I love PNG Sports and Sports in general, but I also realize that there are other student organizations that need the opportunities that a large crowd like what we have on a Friday night afford them for fundraising.

Badndn...I have NO problem with other organizations making money for their students. Please re-read my posts. I have NEVER turned down ANY organization from PNG that has either come to my door or asked me at church to buy something or donate money. I have ALWAYS given more than the price asked when buying a program and never knew what organization it supported, but I knew it was going to support PNG activities. I know the expense of having a family member in Indianettes and sympathize with that. I know that band, twirlers and Indian Spirit require a lot of money. My reason for posting this was because I was told by a couple of people that are booster club members that they were upset by this and they took it to be another shot at Coach Faircloth, since this booster club is his baby. If the funds for the programs are distributed equally among the fundraising organizations, that's great. I will say this one more time so there is no question.... I SUPPORT ALL PNG ORGANIZATIONS. We are on the same page when it comes to supporting our kids.

Proud Band Mom

100+ Posts
Awesome! All of us are in support of all of our kids efforts. That's what truly makes our district so special. :clap: And it is why our kids thrive so well. For those of you who didn't know - sports, band, UIL, Cheerleaders, CATE (automotive, electrical, etc) excelled in their chosen activities last year. We have much to be proud of for these kids.

I hope the word gets back to all of the supporters that were concerned that this was a shot at the Coach. I don't believe it ever was....just a really honest effort to benefit all of our kids for all of their efforts. There is no doubt that he and his team have done a good job with our guys - both on and off the field. It's great that the Booster Club raises money to fund all sports and the same goes for Student Activities, PTSA, Choir parents and the Band Action Committee. I know that even the Construction crew appreciates the ice machine that the Band Activity Committee bought so the kids wouldn't overheat and I know that the Athletic Boosters appreciate the use of the Band mule when hauling youth equipment. There really is a lot of working together to benefit our children. I believe it will continue and all will be supportive of the other groups. After all they are all our NDN high school kids!

By the way, if anyone hears that the program sales are being offered out to the Clubs if student organizations can't cover them, I hope PTSA, Band Action Committee, Project Graduation, Indianettes, etc can join the Athletic Booster Club in selling. Maybe we can all work one game and divide the proceeds equally between all of the participating groups? That way all of us would benefit fairly on that too?

NDN79

500+ Posts
I think that we are all in agreement that all of the organizations at PN-G, either academic,athletic,band,cheer-leading, flag corp, or any other support group is deserving of funding.It is a proven fact that the more kids and students are involved in at school--then the less time they have to get into trouble. We have some great programs at PN-G for students to participate in and I think it is important that we encourage them to do so. I understand that not all programs can be funded the same, but I think a way can be worked out that is most fair for the majority. It sounds like that there has just been a lot of mis-communication about this.
I have been gone for 2 weeks so I am just catching up on some of these posts--if I have missed an important point please feel free to update me.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Great post Proud Band Mom. The spirit of the community a whole is what makes PNG so special.Friday nights are so special because of all the different groups coming together to make it an incredible experience. The team, band, Indianettes, twirlers, Indian Spirit and fans all do their parts. If you took any of these out of the equation, it just wouldn't be the same. I know when we have had bad weather games it just doesn't feel right without hearing Cherokee. I hope we all cherish what we have and continue to work together to preserve it.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Let me start out with this. I personally think bringing political discussions to this site (football) is not where it needs to be. Take it somewhere else. If you don't like your board members then vote them out if you want in the next election. Or better yet why not just take your concerns and negative statements to the board meeting and air them out there. That's who some are upset with. Go confront them in their meeting and get it out and get your answers there. No one is perfect and no board member can make every single person in PNG happy with their votes. Instead of finding ways to smash and criticize why not try and find ways to help make things better and throw out ideas that are actually realistic and not so self focused. Why not run for the board yourself. Then you will feel the heat and probably not like it much anyway.

OK my rant is over !

Regarding this topic, why not rotate each club or organization thru all of the various activities: IE: Concessions, programs, water/soda tables etc. That way each group gets their opportunity. Or they could do things together as a group. I agree that the money from these sales needs to be circulated amongst the various groups.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Without discussion of what is wrong, people will not be able to make an informed decision on how to vote. Getting word out helps people make up their minds. Just ask the board members in question how they for votes this year. It was by bashing the previous board members.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
i find myself agreeing with pngfan93 a lot here lately. he is absolutely right by saying that without discussion people would not be able to make an informed decision. by contrast that is exactly was has happened , imo , in the last two school board elections. i for one am glad that these discussions take place so that i can stay informed. i am tired of being lied to and appreciate the information. i understand that not everyone may believe or even want to hear these issue`s. but none the less they are issue`s that affect our school district which in turn affects all of us. thank you ndnsrock44 for speaking up and out.

bandkid

Staff member
ingainerYYZ said:
ndnsrock44 ................ proud seems like he is a little sensitive. anyway , i believe that what you said ( on programs ) has merit. i keep hearing that there are underhanded & behind the scenes deals which are all aimed at " squeezing " BF. the manpower issue for concessions is understandable. but taking away the programs ...... i dont see the rationale ? so i don`t think you jumped to conclusions at all. watch what they do , not what they say they will do. i think proud is jumping to conclusions. or he may like walters , balsamo , & miller ?

PNG Proud is involved with the booster club and is an obvious supporter of Coach Faircloth and all things PN-G. Although he may have made his points a little after the fact, there is no reason to doubt his loyalty to this district and commitment to what's best for it, Coach Faircloth included.

As it was stated before, the programs were taken from Student Activities and given to the booster club to help the fledgling organization. That group has had a year to get organized and Student Activities - a department that coordinates funding and provides additional support for all extra-curricular programs, athletic ones included - suffered without the funding the programs provided. Now that the ABC is up on its feet and has set up various forms of fundraising in addition to the programs, it only makes sense that Student Activities get the funding that it originally had back.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Bandkid is 100% right, in my opinion. I had one that played boys sports, almost no $. Had a Indianette Officier, a few hundred - shirts, presents for lockerboys etc.. it adds up and then there was band child $1,300- $2,000 per instrument and Tonalta $75 per month. These are the groups I can personally can attest to.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
You only had to shell out a few hundred for your Indianette Officer? I have an Indianette and I have already shelled out $800 and that didn't include the Lockerboy sign stuff or the lockerboy gifts that she has to give every week. But we knew what we were getting into years ago.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
Proud Band Mom said:
Awesome! All of us are in support of all of our kids efforts. That's what truly makes our district so special. :clap: And it is why our kids thrive so well. For those of you who didn't know - sports, band, UIL, Cheerleaders, CATE (automotive, electrical, etc) excelled in their chosen activities last year. We have much to be proud of for these kids.

I hope the word gets back to all of the supporters that were concerned that this was a shot at the Coach. I don't believe it ever was....just a really honest effort to benefit all of our kids for all of their efforts. There is no doubt that he and his team have done a good job with our guys - both on and off the field. It's great that the Booster Club raises money to fund all sports and the same goes for Student Activities, PTSA, Choir parents and the Band Action Committee. I know that even the Construction crew appreciates the ice machine that the Band Activity Committee bought so the kids wouldn't overheat and I know that the Athletic Boosters appreciate the use of the Band mule when hauling youth equipment. There really is a lot of working together to benefit our children. I believe it will continue and all will be supportive of the other groups. After all they are all our NDN high school kids!

By the way, if anyone hears that the program sales are being offered out to the Clubs if student organizations can't cover them, I hope PTSA, Band Action Committee, Project Graduation, Indianettes, etc can join the Athletic Booster Club in selling. Maybe we can all work one game and divide the proceeds equally between all of the participating groups? That way all of us would benefit fairly on that too?

Great post and I couldnn't agree with you more. Sharing seems to be the best way to put this issue to rest.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like they could just go back to the old menu of pizza inn and whatever else they sold in the past.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Instead of the same ol same ol food in the concession stand, I suggest they bring in a big BBQ pit. Let the ABC, or rotate thru the groups BBQ ing brisket, turkey legs, links etc... sell them at the concession stand with the cafeteria ladies. Both will make money. Then you can have each group with a table set up selling their shirts, buttons, ribbons etc as well. Programs could be rotated as well. Another good idea would be talking with the school and auctioning off reserved parking spaces close to the gates. Maybe like 50 spaces. Or take each group and alot a certain amount of spaces and go with the auction and those groups would get the money. Just some Idea's to spread the wealth around. But I do like the BBQ idea. Also you could have each group have volunteer students and do a concession stand run for the fans and charge a 1 or 2 dollar fee. I would pay for it. I sit about 12 rows from the top and let me tell you I don't care what shape your in that climb is something else. These are just a few little throw out idea's. I'm sure some of you folks out there could come up with some creative ideas as well. Who knows maybe all the organizations could have a break out year financially.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Ok I'm on a roll now. Have the team autograph footballs and helmets. Have each group have a auction for these at each game. Another would be to get the approval of the school and let each group auction off the week before a upper room in the press box. Maybe like upto 6 seats. I know they don't use the whole thing all the time. Pay to use the video screen, score board to announce Birthdays, anniversarys etc. Keep it simple and clean. As I come up with more I will put them on here in this thread. I think if you can keep it simple then more people will be able to participate.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Too bad the 'pro shop' was eliminated from the stadium plans. That could have been an air conditioned, permanent store for shirts, hats, flags, windbreakers, posters and all manner of spirit items. And make it all available online for even more sales.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
bilman10 said:
Have big Bbq Pit,will travel
My buddy and I can cook some mean briskets ! Seems like we are always doing it for friends and family events. Pulled pork ! Ribs ! Last Brisket I cooked was so tender and juicy I cut into and it shot juice everywere ! perfect smoke ring with just a hint of Hickory ! Dangit now I'm gonna have to cook one for Labor Day weekend ! I think one thing that they need to have is a coffee bar at the games. Something portable. When its cold, hot coffee would be great !

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores