WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

bark

1,000+ Posts
JB said:
Think back 20, 25 or 30 years ago.

What did the crowd look like when the clock hit zero?... It was packed; no one left early win or lose! PNG was known for that. At one time it was a source of pride and tradition. Remember!

You can make all the excuses you want. Your guilt comes from the fact that you know your wrong. Those kids are playing hard for you and this community and you owe them the same courtesy that was shown to you back in your "glory days." That is the truth!
I was a Varsity letterman on the 75 & 76 teams, while we certainly were extremely appreciative of the GREAT fan support and set the standard, so to speak, for attendance. I really do not remember if anyone left early or not. You are entitled to your opinion. Guilt? it's a payed for entertainment venue. Buy a ticket and you can 2nd guess the coaches, holler at them, leave early and be an armchair QB if you want.

Did you attend those games in 75-77? That was 35 years ago. I would say 20-25 years ago lots of people left early -really hate to say it - but during the Owens and Troy years it was slim pickins and many left early.

Go Indians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Layingemdown

GUILTY! I left early and will leave early again in that same situation. I have no relationship with one kid or coach on the team, so could really care less if you or them are disappointed that I left......what I wanted to see was over. Not to mention the irritation of having to watch that last play go down the way it did. Hindsight is 20/20, but 20/20 can sometimes occur before hindsight. Miller is our qb, and I stand by him. He had a rough night against Nederland, and I am sure he felt that way during the game. Why put him in that situation? On the other hand, some guys had a good night with the ball (example #8, sorry for not knowing names), and were hard to bring down. Just saying, you have to find a way as a coach to set your kids up for success.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores