White Out

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
I think you probably have more people with purple shirts than white. Personally I'm not going to buy another shirt that I probably won't wear again. I have very few white shirts and no white PNG shirts.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I think the white-out is a great idea, but logistically it would be tough for a high-school to pull off. When done by colleges there are numerous donors ,alumni, and sponsors to help pull it off. Not trying to burst any bubbles, because I am for it, but the cost to get 8,000 to 10,000 people in white shirts, and in such a short time would be difficult to do. Sorry, it is easy to get caught up in a great idea like this.

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
I didn't say it wasn't a good idea. More people have purple shirts. If you have all these people trying to get white shirts, where are they going to get them. Our choices are limited and right now, there isn't a big selection available. The colleges that do this sort of thing have sponsors that provide them for them...I don't think we'll fall into that category. If you want to do a "purple out" you have more people to participate because most already have purple shirts.

nissanindian

100+ Posts
im sorry i think they have a company called hanes that sells white t shirts prety cheap

i mean it dont matter to me but you cant get a traditon started if you dont try

warpaint101

Man That looks great in the video's ,I remember you trying last year ....

Who cares if everyone does not get on board(they will just be left out of the fun) or if the cheerleaders,band,Indianettes,whoever don't have white I bed they could slip white teeshirts on while sitting in the stands.......................Twirlers have white!
We should at least try,and especially the white pompoms..Vidor away game ,where the team will be wearing white .but even nederland ..with everyone going crazy would look awsome...I am in ..anytime you want to try ..and i am sure all of my family would also....lets just try if it works it works if not ,oh well nothing lost but a white hanes teeshirt with some sweaty pits after that night... :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag:

86ndn

It is a good idea, however, Vidor game is also homecoming, so I don't see it happening for that game IMO.

warpaint101

I dont know why i thought Vidor was away...oh well...lets just doit for a game :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag:

NDN79

500+ Posts
Great post warpaint--love the white flags. I hope our opponents will waive some during district! ;D

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Ask any old fan why it doesn't work! Tried it in the 70's and we lost the game and people buried their white flags. After all, a white flag signals "surrender" and Indians never surrender. Not being negative---just ask older fans and they'll tell you, too!

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
squaw said:
Ask any old fan why it doesn't work! Tried it in the 70's and we lost the game and people buried their white flags. After all, a white flag signals "surrender" and Indians never surrender. Not being negative---just ask older fans and they'll tell you, too!

Squaw,

The board has been somewhat quiet with you being out of town. Hope the trip was worth it and hope you are ready for friday night!

NDN79

500+ Posts
Squaw is always ready for a PN-G game! ;D I agree with Squaw--no white flags. If you are going to do a White-Out, then do it with white t-shirts--not flags.

Good to hear from you Squaw! ;D

afndn

The last time we had White flags they were towels given to everyone at the Dome against A&M Consolidated. They told us they were going to be crying towels. Turns out they were correct.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores