Will the 12th. Indian play 4 quarters in the Brenham game?

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
ndnette04 said:
i get the blessing of getting to know a lot of our students very well. our cheerleaders are really disappointed in the fans. i go and sit with them during every half time and you wouldn't believe how upset they get and how many games they've said that the crowd is 'already acting like we've lost'. i know a lot of times it's hard to hear their cheers, but these girls are giving their 100% just like the football team, just like the band, just like the indianettes, just like the twirlers...let's be an INDIAN NATION that they can be proud of! let's yell defense! let's do big purple! let's be respectful and stand up for cherokee and do the chop when its time to do the chop.
i hope i'm not sounding rude, but as for me and the people i sit with, we DO NOT sit down the entire game! i know not everyone can do that, but if our fans would show that 'special spirit' even more in whatever way they can, just think of how it would affect our opponent!

so proud to be an indian!
My heart goes out to the cheerleaders. I feel their disappointment that's why I started this topic. I would like to make a couple of suggestions for the cheerleaders. Have them make some signs that say "RISE UP INDIAN NATION AND MAKE SOME NOISE". Looking at pictures of the stadium it appears that there are 2 levels. You might suggest that they split up and put some on them on the ground and some on the next higher level - at least for part of the time. I think with them spread out and on different levels we might get more of the crowd in the game. We have our megaphones and clappers at the top and will help them from that level.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
Well fans, by now most of you have heard about the 4500 tickets to each side. I am sure that the Brenham Coach knew exactly what he was doing when he refused to play at Stallworth. I am sure that Coach Faircloth took the lesser of two evils by agreeing to play at Thorne stadium. So fans if this wouldn't piss you off into an INDIAN NATION on the warpath I don't know what would. For those lucky 4500 who get tickets, you need to vent your anger over this situation in the form of noise. You gotta make noise for yourself and for all your friends and family who didn't get to come to the game due to the ticket fiasco. YOU'VE GOTTA BE LOUD AND LONG, NON-STOP FOR 4 QUARTERS ! BRING EVERY MEANS OF NOISE MAKER ALLOWED ! THE INDIAN NATION MUST SHOW BRENHAM AND THEIR COACH THAT WE WILL NOT BE TREATED THIS WAY, HIS IDEA DIDN'T WORK ! THE INDIAN NATION WILL RISE UP AND WILL PREVAIL.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
NDNfan#1 said:
Anybody know where to find the rules about noisemakers?
I would suggest google University Interscholastic League. Haven't searched all sites, but googled "Noise makers and UIL Football games". I briefly looked and found this:

Section 1207: RULES, VIOLATIONS AND PENALTIES

(n) MASCOTS, FIREARMS, PYROTECHNIC DEVICES, BALLOONS. Live animal mascots, cannons, firearms, fireworks, etc. are prohibited at League athletic contests. Except in their normal course of business, emergency vehicles shall not flash lights or sound sirens during the course of a game. Noisemakers are prohibited at League athletic events held in field houses and/or gymnasiums. Releasing balloons is prohibited at League athletic events held outdoors.

Will search for more info. tomorrow.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
Tigerryder said:
I am from Louisiana. I drive in to the PNG games every Friday. I started doing this because my grandson is in his senior year and I have never had the opportunity to see him play before. I enjoy seeing him play and cannot discribe how proud of him I am.

But, now I have a problem. I have been bit by the Purple Pride and love PNG football. :clap:

What am I going to do next year, after he has graduated? I just know that I will be lost without PNG football this is the most enjoyable football I have ever watched. PNG games are up there in the league with any college or pro game in enjoyment. :rocks:

So in advance, Gooo PNG Indians! Win the 2010-11 district championship. I will be watching from afar!!!
Dre Dunbar's Granddaddy. :eek:ld:
Glad to have you and Dre as a part of the INDIAN NATION. We call him SUPERMAN ! You must be very proud as he is having an awesome year. By the way, could ya'll send some more Dunbar's our way for next year?

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I say everyone that wants to bring the noise and raise some **ll get there early and sit towards the center of the stadium! I'll have my Mom with me, so we won't be able to sit high up, but we'll do our part! Let all those that don't want to be bothered sit on the end, or stay home would be even better ;)!

miss_loudmouth_ndn

NDNmom91 said:
I say everyone that wants to bring the noise and raise some **ll get there early and sit towards the center of the stadium! I'll have my Mom with me, so we won't be able to sit high up, but we'll do our part! Let all those that don't want to be bothered sit on the end, or stay home would be even better ;)!

AGREED! :woot:

&& FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DONT LIKE PEOPLE STANDING UP IN FRONT OF YOU -- SIT ON THE FIRST ROW.
OTHERWISE -- STAND UP OR SHUT UP.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
miss_loudmouth_ndn said:
NDNmom91 said:

AGREED! :woot:

&& FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DONT LIKE PEOPLE STANDING UP IN FRONT OF YOU -- SIT ON THE FIRST ROW.
OTHERWISE -- STAND UP OR SHUT UP.

One thing about it is that the diehard loud mouths won't let a little rain keep them away. At least that was the case in Livingston. I think the INDIAN NATION with all their noise did play a big part in that win. We did it then and we can do it again.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
Was browsing at the Dollar Tree next to Petco and noticed there is a whole rack full of the mini air horns. They are not full sized but if a lot of people have them it would make some racket!

A very inexpensive noise maker is a cold drink or water bottle with a few dry beans or peas in them. Not quite as loud as the propane bottle with whatever but if everyone had one they could be heard. I think the name Indian Nation is one that all of us can relate to and our friends from other teams can join at will. Come one, come all, and bring something to make some noise for the boys.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
PNGIndianFan06 said:
Was browsing at the Dollar Tree next to Petco and noticed there is a whole rack full of the mini air horns. They are not full sized but if a lot of people have them it would make some racket!
Bought a couple myself - so we will have yours and mine.

miss_loudmouth_ndn

PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
PNGIndianFan06 said:
Bought a couple myself - so we will have yours and mine.

guess i might have to bring my ibuprofen :rocks:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores