Will the 12th. Indian play 4 quarters in the Brenham game?

pngfan66

500+ Posts
He can only ask related to the band. I think the first request is a warning to the coach. After that it could be a penalty. Don't give this coach of Brenham's an inch. Keep him stressed and his assistants and they will start making bad decisions. Their players are not familiar with a giant crowd either. The crowd can be a big intimidation factor as well in a game. Something to ponder.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
bandkid said:
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
pngfan30 said:
if you dont wont to stand up and cheer the whole game at least do it while our opponent is on offense, with the spread offense which most of our opponents are running if they cant hear it is a great distraction for the offense
You are absolutely correct, if the opponents can't hear, it's a distraction. Thing about it is, their defense doesn't need to hear our quarterback calling the signal either. Our team is used to the noise. Some other schools aren't. The INDIAN NATION needs to give our team every advantage they can against Brenham. The fans with their voices and noise makers for 4 quarters and the band playing Cherokee nonstop should get to their team after a while. :clap: :woohoo: :shout: :band: :band: :band:

I would only do it when we're on offense. This coach has pulled one stunt that's going to backfire on him big time. He may be willing to pull every dirty trick out of the book. Coaches have the right to ask the referees to assign a penalty if the opposing band plays while they're on offense. I've never seen it happen, but if I were to pick any one coach to pull something that classless, it sounds like this guy would have my vote. We should stick to the routine: long Cherokee on the run through, at the end of each quarter, after the extra point, during halftime, and after we win; short Cherokee when we get a first down or force the Cubs into a fourth down. The last thing I want is for a PN-G playoff run to evaporate because we (the band) wanted to support the team.

However, I don't believe he can ask for a penalty because of a rowdy crowd.
Point well taken about the opponent's coach, the refs and the band. Hadn't thought about it, but seems like I heard that may have happened this year at one of the Central or Ozen games.

But like you said too, I don't think he can ask for penalty for a rowdy INDIAN NATION unless we are being insulting. I think about all the coach can do is ask for a timeout. Hmmm - a "polite" rowdy INDIAN NATION - that's one way to get the coach to waste a timeout !

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
For this one game against BH, I decided to really pay close attention to how our boys responded when our crowd was into the game and everyone was standing and cheering. Here's my assessment...our crowd wasn't the greatest or loudest the first half, and the team was struggling, then towards the end of the 3rd quarter, I guess people started to realize they needed to get off their hands and get loud, and that's when they really started playing like a "State Championship" caliber team. HUGE plays were made on every down both on offense and defense, and had we had one more quarter, we may have seen a score similar to aTm/OU.. :eek:! So, we really need to get the message out that INDIAN NATION needs to show up in full force Friday, for 4 quarters, not just 1 and a half!

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
For this one game against BH, I decided to really pay close attention to how our boys responded when our crowd was into the game and everyone was standing and cheering. Here's my assessment...our crowd wasn't the greatest or loudest the first half, and the team was struggling, then towards the end of the 3rd quarter, I guess people started to realize they needed to get off their hands and get loud, and that's when they really started playing like a "State Championship" caliber team. HUGE plays were made on every down both on offense and defense, and had we had one more quarter, we may have seen a score similar to aTm/OU.. :eek:! So, we really need to get the message out that INDIAN NATION needs to show up in full force Friday, for 4 quarters, not just 1 and a half!
AMEN ! Your observation is/was right on target. That's why I started this topic. I was hoping to get the INDIAN NATION fired up for this game against Brenham. Seems like it is working for most folks.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
NDNmom91 said:
I love "Indian Nation" in reference to PN-G fans, I had thought about "The Tribe"...or "Cherokee People", but Indian Nation has better ring to it IMO...Now, I really wish we could play "Cherokee People" before the games, as our fans are filing in when we are the Home team...they always play it on the radio a lot when we are doing well in the playoffs, just wish they would use it at the games instead of some the other stuff they've been playing ::)!
Sounds like a great idea to me. You might need to talk to the Chief of the Tribe about that. He can probably get most anything done with the stroke of feather with an 11 - 0 record.

Well, maybe PNG Proud of someone else from the Booster Club could mention this to him at the meeting! I would like to see this done for the game this weekend, cause we may not be the "home team" next time. If that song is played, timing is key. I think it should be when most everyone is settled in their seats, right before school songs and cheerleader intros! I think that will get everyone pumped up and maybe even the popcorn munchers :popcorn: off their bootays!

:clap: :clap:Cherokee People, Cherokee Pride, so proud to live, too proud to die! :clap: :clap:

ndnette04

i get the blessing of getting to know a lot of our students very well. our cheerleaders are really disappointed in the fans. i go and sit with them during every half time and you wouldn't believe how upset they get and how many games they've said that the crowd is 'already acting like we've lost'. i know a lot of times it's hard to hear their cheers, but these girls are giving their 100% just like the football team, just like the band, just like the indianettes, just like the twirlers...let's be an INDIAN NATION that they can be proud of! let's yell defense! let's do big purple! let's be respectful and stand up for cherokee and do the chop when its time to do the chop.
i hope i'm not sounding rude, but as for me and the people i sit with, we DO NOT sit down the entire game! i know not everyone can do that, but if our fans would show that 'special spirit' even more in whatever way they can, just think of how it would affect our opponent!

so proud to be an indian!

pngmom

Well i guess being an Indian is kindof like being a Texan. It's not our fault we wern't born and Indian (in kindergarten) but the main thing is we got here as soon as we could!!!!!!!!
I am a true and loyal INDIAN fan now. I have 3 kids in the school system and they teach me all the songs and cheers; sometimes I have to remember I am 45 not 16----because we have so much fun goofing around while they teach the mother. I am what you might call a TJ convert and oh how i miss my jackets. But that will never be so its time to move on and we chose to buy a house in groves so our children would know what it is to grow up to be an originial INDIAN! I have supported the indians even when I went to TJ.
I went with some indian friends to every playoff game in the 70's. Now that was some good times :woohoo: :woohoo: I am one of these people that camped out all night twice to get tickets; but even that to was fun with the other fans. I proudly wear my purple.
I even drove to Academy in beaumont this evening to get the purple and white window
paint for my van so we can do it up good for friday nite.

My husband purchased a professional bull horn like the cops use from e-bay and it works very well and VERY LOUDLY. Do u think we should bring it-----I bet that would get the entire Indian Nation up and on their feet.

As for the Cher song Cheerokee people -----I was sitting in my seat at the game friday nite and wondered how come our band does not use that song. To me it would be the perfect song for us.

We will be leaving around 12ish so that we can stop in B aytown and eat at El Toro again (it has wonderful mex. food) then head on to Aldine to make sure we get a seat.

And we do bleed purple and white the only difference is every now and then if you look real close there is a trickle ofMaroon & Gold!!!
LOL I try to keep it all in fun and upbeat but I do have a strong dedication to the purple and white and plan to get rid of my season tickets when they put me 6ft under. Cause i'll
be going to see the Indians play when I'm riding my "raskal scooter" if I have to.lol

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Starting to sound like alot of parents may be pulling their kids out of school early on Friday. I already have one getting out early for the game, and I have 3 more. My oldest son who graduated in 07 is leaving at 12 Friday to get there and wait in line so he can get into the stands and save us a few seats. we can't leave till around 2ish. I wish the school would let the all the kids out early Friday.

Tigerryder

I am from Louisiana. I drive in to the PNG games every Friday. I started doing this because my grandson is in his senior year and I have never had the opportunity to see him play before. I enjoy seeing him play and cannot discribe how proud of him I am.

But, now I have a problem. I have been bit by the Purple Pride and love PNG football. :clap:

What am I going to do next year, after he has graduated? I just know that I will be lost without PNG football this is the most enjoyable football I have ever watched. PNG games are up there in the league with any college or pro game in enjoyment. :rocks:

So in advance, Gooo PNG Indians! Win the 2010-11 district championship. I will be watching from afar!!!
Dre Dunbar's Granddaddy. :eek:ld:

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Tigerryder said:
I am from Louisiana. I drive in to the PNG games every Friday. I started doing this because my grandson is in his senior year and I have never had the opportunity to see him play before. I enjoy seeing him play and cannot discribe how proud of him I am.

But, now I have a problem. I have been bit by the Purple Pride and love PNG football. :clap:

What am I going to do next year, after he has graduated? I just know that I will be lost without PNG football this is the most enjoyable football I have ever watched. PNG games are up there in the league with any college or pro game in enjoyment. :rocks:

So in advance, Gooo PNG Indians! Win the 2010-11 district championship. I will be watching from afar!!!

Welcome Grandaddy Dre! You are always welcome at any PNG game, but I have a feeling you're gonna be on the road traveling to watch Dre play some big time college ball, he is AMAZING!!!

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
EX79NDN said:
NDNfan#1 said:
Yeah, I don't think the bullhorn would be legal. I would be fun though. :shout:
.....and the Lumberton train blast is????? :crazy:
Good point, I don't know then. Could be that it's a "school sponsored thing". Heck, bring the bullhorn and give it to Geronimo's crew.

N

NDNPARENT

Tigerryder said:

glad you love our PNG!! And your grandson is a heck of a football player! He made alot of memories for himself to share with his grandkids one day!

shovelhead

100+ Posts
Tigerryder said:

I too, believe you'll be watching Dre on Saturdays. What if Dre could hook up with the BH quarterback? I think Dre was his favorite reciever! Good luck to Dre. I know you are proud!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I would chance it with the bull horn. Whats the worse they could do ? Tell you to put it away and not use it anymore. I hear air horns all the time a games. They use the ball bearing kegs all the time with other teams and those are very loud. So I say bring it and use it !

indianforever

100+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
I would chance it with the bull horn. Whats the worse they could do ? Tell you to put it away and not use it anymore. I hear air horns all the time a games. They use the ball bearing kegs all the time with other teams and those are very loud. So I say bring it and use it !
i would to they think they are going to try and limit our attendance so we need to make as much noise as possible :woot:

N

NDNPARENT

from what i understand about the UIL rules on noise makers is it prohibited only indoors! Therefore since we are outside. let the PNG NOISES COME!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores