2013 Baseball

thunderstruck

1st thing he said to the boys was this is awkward. Then started being a jerk again. You would have thought that he would have tryed to get his team to come together but now he has several that don't want to be there with him as their coach. This is gonna be interesting to see. He told them he is the boss and does not have to answer any decisions that he makes on the field. He said if your not in the lineup dont ask him why and dam'n sure don't have your parents call because he will not speak to them. What a class act we have leading the PNG baseball team. This incident was not the first time he has had to answer questions about how he treated players. Parents have talked to Faircloth and Cavness over the last 3 years about things worse than this and they keep letting this guy make it. His players don't respect him! He has not earned their respect either. Does anyone know if the board had to vote to let him back?

thunderstruck

Talked to several coaches and right away they said if the same circumstances came up with them, no doubt about it they know they would be fired or reassigned.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
oldindian69 said:
4 DAYS......NOT NEARLY ENOUGH FOR WHAT HE SAID.........BF WAS EASY ON HIM.............DO YOU THINK HE LEARNED A LESSON?..........WHAT AN A_ _ HOLE..........LOOK OUT STARTERS YOU ALL WILL BE SITTING THE BENCH.......WHAT AN A_ _ HOLE......PN-G IS THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WHOLE STATE OF TEXAS..........BF WAKE UP ..... SCHOOL BOARD WAKE UP......

try to control yourself. ::)

NDN06

100+ Posts
Just curious- what exactly was said in this video? Obviously people are upset about him cussing, I just fail to see how that makes him a bad coach. I'm assuming the subject was something sensitive?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Not really. It's just the first case in the area where one of the players recorded the coach cursing, and posted for the world to hear.
Coaches cursing while talking to their players is as old as the game itself. No condoning it, but it's just a fact.

My guess is that the kid that recorded him ALSO uses those same words.

NDN06

100+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
Not really. It's just the first case in the area where one of the players recorded the coach cursing, and posted for the world to hear.
Coaches cursing while talking to their players is as old as the game itself. No condoning it, but it's just a fact.

My guess is that the kid that recorded him ALSO uses those same words.

My thoughts exactly. High schools kids use the same words in every day conversations with their friends... I just didn't understand the big deal. Didn't coaches use to gives licks as a form of discipline? I would think yelling with some fowl language would be considered pretty acceptable compared to that.

wacape

100+ Posts
One has to wonder what will the kid(s) who made this video do if they make it to the college, minor or major league ranks. You can bet the coaches/managers there can deliver some third degree burns to the ears as well. And if I'm a jr. college or any type of higher education baseball coach, I'd have to think VERY long and hard about wanting kids that did this on my team. What if this happened to the kid(s) boss on the job? You think they would have a job the next morning?(probably so if they get a lawyer....LOL) :eek:ld:

turn2

thunderstruck said:
1st thing he said to the boys was this is awkward. Then started being a jerk again. You would have thought that he would have tryed to get his team to come together but now he has several that don't want to be there with him as their coach. This is gonna be interesting to see. He told them he is the boss and does not have to answer any decisions that he makes on the field. He said if your not in the lineup dont ask him why and dam'n sure don't have your parents call because he will not speak to them. What a clrear act we have leading the PNG baseball team. This incident was not the first time he has had to answer questions about how he treated players. Parents have talked to Faircloth and Cavness over the last 3 years about things worse than this and they keep letting this guy make it. His players don't respect him! He has not earned their respect either. Does anyone know if the board had to vote to let him back?

First of all why would Brevell have to change his ways or approach to coaching after many years just to please the parents and a few players? Who runs this team the coach or players? He has to have full control and authority of this team to have any chance. I'm sure Brevell was ready to get the season rolling especially coming off a 25-5 and undefeated district championship season only to see some of his returning players not stepping up and being team leaders. There will always be parents and players not happy with playing time or lineups,its time for these players to get it going and play INDIAN BASEBALL like it should be played. Good luck this season.

thunderstruck

Just didn't think he would go back being so cocky and arrogant. These kid's are not gonna respect him if he continues acting like a peter head!

akifan94

500+ Posts
thunderstruck said:
Just didn't think he would go back being so cocky and arrogant. These kid's are not gonna respect him if he continues acting like a peter head!

If he changes than the next young man / parent that gets their feelings hurt over playing time, etc. will have all the power to stick it to him again.

png94

100+ Posts
akifan94 said:
thunderstruck said:

If he changes than the next young man / parent that gets their feelings hurt over playing time, etc. will have all the power to stick it to him again.
+1

Bottom line... It's Brevell's team, and if a player doesn't like where he plays, oh well. That's why he's the coach, and they are the students. This is what's wrong with kids these days.... Alot have that (everyone gets a trophy attitude) and think they don't have to earn it! I raise my kids to work hard, keep your mouth shut, and play the game and good things will come. If you do the things your suppose to, there shouldn't be a problem!

bark

1,000+ Posts
png94 said:
akifan94 said:
thunderstruck said:

+1

Bottom line... It's Brevell's team, and if a player doesn't like where he plays, oh well. That's why he's the coach, and they are the students. This is what's wrong with kids these days.... Alot have that (everyone gets a trophy attitude) and think they don't have to earn it! I raise my kids to work hard, keep your mouth shut, and play the game and good things will come. If you do the things your suppose to, there shouldn't be a problem!
??????????????
heard BC beat us 3 to 1 - maybe yesterday --I have a friend that works at DuPont and follows BC baseball and he was rubbing it in.

bbmom77

bark said:
png94 said:
akifan94 said:
thunderstruck said:

+1

??????????????
heard BC beat us 3 to 1 - maybe yesterday --I have a friend that works at DuPont and follows BC baseball and he was rubbing it in.

BC won last night's game 7-6...

bark

1,000+ Posts
png1977 said:
bark said:
png94 said:
akifan94 said:
thunderstruck said:

+1

??????????????

BC won last night's game 7-6...
?????
just saw it in the paper -what did BF mean when he was quoted in the Bmt. Ent."still in the process of retifying the situation"?

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
oldindian69 said:
4 DAYS......NOT NEARLY ENOUGH FOR WHAT HE SAID.........BF WAS EASY ON HIM.............DO YOU THINK HE LEARNED A LESSON?..........WHAT AN A_ _ HOLE..........LOOK OUT STARTERS YOU ALL WILL BE SITTING THE BENCH.......WHAT AN A_ _ HOLE......PN-G IS THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WHOLE STATE OF TEXAS..........BF WAKE UP ..... SCHOOL BOARD WAKE UP......

Laughing Stock?? Everyone I have spoken with has commended the district for not allowing the kids to run off a coach. The laughing I have heard is our kids at PNG are spoiled little babies and are nothing but pansies. And from what I see that is a correct statement.

bark

1,000+ Posts
justafan said:
oldindian69 said:

Laughing Stock?? Everyone I have spoken with has commended the district for not allowing the kids to run off a coach. The laughing I have heard is our kids at PNG are spoiled little babies and are nothing but pansies. And from what I see that is a correct statement.
Having kids in the district and programs within the district I take offence to your statement. For example, Justin Reasons is a spoiled babie? Brannon Doty? Harmon? Austin Stone? Lunsford and on and on.

We may have a different group of folks you are hearing this from - I truly have not heard this.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
bark said:
justafan said:
oldindian69 said:

Having kids in the district and programs within the district I take offence to your statement. For example, Justin Reasons is a spoiled babie? Brannon Doty? Harmon? Austin Stone? Lunsford and on and on.

We may have a different group of folks you are hearing this from - I truly have not heard this.

I agree with you Bark!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
attakapandn said:
bark said:
justafan said:
oldindian69 said:

I agree with you Bark!

After years of reading yours and Barks post I can see why you don't agree. You guys complain just to hear yourselves complain.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
bark said:
justafan said:
oldindian69 said:

Talking about this year!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores