2018 Indians

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Ok I guess its never to early...

QB Roschon
HB Gavine Deslatte, Jaylan Williams, and Dejaunta Conner
H-back-
WR Kaleb Wuenschel, Carson Roccafort, Cade Billeaud, Caiden Burt. These are whats on the roster. I am hearing they have moved a defender over to Offense not sure if its a JV or not
O-line Jaylen Garth, Cory Burt, Kade Guilbeau, Trey Lisauckis, John Nickels, Hunter Hranicky, Robert Hawkins\
D-line Joshua Patterson, Jacob Osbourne, David Minter, Don Trusclair
Linebackers Dylan Brittain, Mario Ocegeura, Lawrence Vaughn, Donavon Bergeron, Tyler Jackson
DB Tyler Jackson, Khaleb Taylor, Dakota Baxter, Zane Hernandez, Jose Cejas, Cody Hargrave, Kade Martin, Jacolby Barber,Nick Wiltz

These were all of the underclassmen already on varsity. If you know of any of the JV or freshman class who will move up next season let us know

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Anyone watch the Aledo Titletown Tx on Facebook? If not look it up.

They do some serious workouts and practices are intense with serious tackling and contact.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
justafan said:
Anyone watch the Aledo Titletown Tx on Facebook? If not look it up.

They do some serious workouts and practices are intense with serious tackling and contact.

No but I will

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
prepballfan said:
Ok I guess its never to early...

QB Roschon
HB Gavine Deslatte, Jaylan Williams, and Dejaunta Conner
H-back-
WR Kaleb Wuenschel, Carson Roccafort, Cade Billeaud, Caiden Burt. These are whats on the roster. I am hearing they have moved a defender over to Offense not sure if its a JV or not
O-line Jaylen Garth, Cory Burt, Kade Guilbeau, Trey Lisauckis, John Nickels, Hunter Hranicky, Robert Hawkins\
D-line Joshua Patterson, Jacob Osbourne, David Minter, Don Trusclair
Linebackers Dylan Brittain, Mario Ocegeura, Lawrence Vaughn, Donavon Bergeron, Tyler Jackson
DB Tyler Jackson, Khaleb Taylor, Dakota Baxter, Zane Hernandez, Jose Cejas, Cody Hargrave, Kade Martin, Jacolby Barber,Nick Wiltz

These were all of the underclassmen already on varsity. If you know of any of the JV or freshman class who will move up next season let us know
Not a bad returning team. Cejas a good RB last year. Wish they’d move Williams to CB work hard now guys I know you are.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I believe more people will start using the “Pleasant Grove” system at all levels. An old school idea but worked to perfection all year including vs WOS in the final game. Fast to the line of scrimmage (2-4 seconds from breaking huddle to snapping the ball) and using the best athlete at any given position at that time. The biggest guys were playing O & D line until they can’t (in great physical shape) most skill positions except QB played at least some on D. With subs but the BEST AVAILABLE player at any position played (at that particular moment) that position. They shorten the game with a possession type offense and throw it all at Ya the whole game. Yes they had 3 seniors on the O and D line over 300 that helped but they almost played every snap of the game. Wow.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like our old junior high football teams. We had 60+ on the team but only about 11-12 of us ever saw the field. Couldn’t have been much fun for the 48 others who also practiced in the heat.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Any thoughts on how much size on defense this year? Last season the front 7 struggled against the better teams.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Sounds like our old junior high football teams. We had 60+ on the team but only about 11-12 of us ever saw the field. Couldn’t have been much fun for the 48 others who also practiced in the heat.
No. Watch the game if it comes back on on FSSW they play many kids even two Freshmen just that the best available player (considering fatigue etc) plays. The Main full time players were the trio of NTs who alternated were all on the OL and the LB was the TE etc. near perfect execution of the game plan and WOS didn’t know what hit ‘em.

RoschonsBigBro

IndianFan said:
Any thoughts on how much size on defense this year? Last season the front 7 struggled against the better teams.

Last season the entire defense struggled every game unless they played a wing t offense or option O. They were small and slow. We could stop teams like Lumberton, Vidor, Lee, Livingston. None of those teams had good offenses.
The D struggled against Sterling, Memorial, Nederland, Texas City, Crosby, and College Station. All of those teams have at the very least a couple athletes.

Just being objective, I don't see much changing as far as defense. Without Riggs, Stansbury, and Hughes, the offensive will be much less explosive.

What I am praying for is
1.a RB to step and take carries away from the Qb
2. Deep threat Receiver
3.An average high school D- Not asking for elite because we don't have the players. Just don't be the worst. Last year was the worst ever. Just get a stop every now an then sheesh
4.I just want Roschon to make it through uninjured and on to Austin.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
INDIANS PRESEASON ROSTER
# Name Pos. Gr. Ht Wt
2 R. Johnson QB Sr. 6-2 197
3 K. Taylor CB Sr. 5-10 150
14 G. Carreon 5-9 175
15 D. Baxter Sr.
16 T. Jackson FS Sr. 6-1 180
17 Z. Hernandez SS Jr.
19 J. Williams RB Sr. 5-10 172
22 L. Vaughn OLB Jr. 5-9 175
40 C. Milliner MLB Jr.
42 D. Trusclair DT, NG Sr. 5-7
50 J. Osbourne DT Jr. 5-11 215
55 J. Nichols G, DE Sr. 6-0 215
58 T. Lisauckis C Jr. 6-1 295
74 J. Garth T Jr. 6-4 270
90 J. Patteson DE, T Jr. 6-2 220
A. Reyes Sr.
A. Beggs WR So.
A. Nguyen Sr.
A. Hollier MLB Jr.
B. Nail WR So.
B. Winegardner T, G Sr.
C. Billeaud WR Sr.
C. Miller WR Jr.
C. Denzlinger MLB Jr.
C. Broussard WR Jr.
C. Clemmons CB, FS Sr.
C. Moran FS Jr.
C. Roberts TE, FB Sr.
C. Hammond WR Sr.
C. Burt G Fr.
D. Minter DE Sr.
D. Brittain OLB, MLB Sr.
G. Deslatte RB Jr. 5-9 185
G. Pearson WR So.
H. Hranicky T Sr.
J. Deleon WR Jr.
J. Caillier T So.
K. Allen G, C Sr.
K. Guilbeau Sr. 5-5 180
K. Laday
K. Martin CB, SS Sr.
K. Wuenschel WR Jr.
M. Ocegura OLB Sr.
N. Wiltz FS Sr.
P. Proenza WR Jr.
R. Mancera WR Sr.
R. Porter WR Jr.
R. Hawkins T Sr.
S. Gutierrez MLB Sr. 6-0 160
T. Lee WR Sr.
T. Pippin WR Sr.
T. Naquin Sr. 5-5 170
W. Girouard So.

Anyone have any more returning players or info to add ?

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Watched Manvel tonight. They don’t have near the team they’ve had in the recent past. Not saying they’re not talented or a good team. But not near what they had for sure last year or even when they beat us that year in the playoffs. Reminds me of Mederland offense sort of a “get it done” QB Their big guy is on defense #93 looks like he’s a next level guy. Oklahoma commit. But we can beat ‘em

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
And Manvel has a new coach. Last year’s head coach took the QB coach job at Syracuse. Wonder if his son is enrolled there.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores