#3 PN-G vs #1 Montgomery Lake Creek

bandkid

Staff member
I think coach has been keeping those plays under wraps until we really need them. Probably been practicing
them all year long as Coach seems to have a high football IQ.

I brought several lawyer friends from Houston to the game with me last night, and there were remarks made about Rouse bringing out the trick plays in the first quarter.

I much prefer Coach Joseph’s style and strategy.

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
I haven’t watched anything on them but just going off their schedule…Idk who comes up with these rankings and maybe I’m wrong but they seem REALLY overrated to me! Yeah, they’re “undefeated” but the blow outs were against some pretty weak teams in non-district and didn’t see any impressive district wins. But I guess it’s like college…strength of schedule doesn’t seem to matter…can’t rank a team with 1 or 2 losses above one that’s undefeated…ugh! Oh well, it’s ok “big bad” FBM and Liberty Hill were ranked above us last year…until they WEREN’T!! :cool:
I understand what you are saying, but they beat Randle and Huntsville who are in their district and both those teams are playing next Friday in the playoffs so they are no slouches. To have 3 teams from your district still in the playoffs is pretty impressive. From the games I have watched they have a stud running back who gets stronger as the game goes along. You have to hit him in the backfield like Huntsville did before he gets a head of steam. And they have a big fast running QB who is a decent passer.
The key for PNG is to score first and keep the LC offense off the field with long sustained drives. Of course our OL will dominate as usual as they have a couple DL on the small size and we now have a 1 2 punch with our outstanding running backs. I also think our secondary is vastly underrated. Those boys are h u n g r y.

Defensively they have an outstanding outside linebacker who likes to crash the line of scrimmage and is a hell of a tackler. LC is going to pack the box just like everyone else so we got to slow him down. So......my prediction is PNG by 10 for the state title....errr for the win. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
After watching PNG again last night, and some of LC's footage, I honestly believe that PNG wins in the upset. Gonna be a fantastic game. LC scored 71 points last night, but we could have EASILY done the same.
PNG by 10

I suspect that this will be the toughest opponent we have faced this season, not just because of their ranking but because they clearly appear to have played in an extremely good district. All three of the remaining teams in that district not only beat their counterpart in our district but crushed their second round opponent. Nevertheless, I feel confident that we can come up with the W provided: (1) We play virtually error free; fortunately we have played very close to that the last few games; (2) We have enough success in the passing game to force them to change their coverage to account for it, as they will otherwise put the kitchen sink into defending the run. That probably would not be enough to stop our run game, but it might be enough to REQUIRE that we complete some key passes to not only keep drives alive but to loosen up their coverage schemes. Once again, we have fortunately continued to develop our passing game to the point where we can make them pay for stacking the box; and (3) Most importantly, we continue to play defense the way we have all year. Based on my analysis of the available evidence regarding the two teams they are probably comparable to us offensively. Given the fact that our offense is virtually unstoppable, that would mean that their offense is also virtually unstoppable. However, I feel very confident that we have the superior defense provided that we execute it to the best of our ability and this should give us the edge we need to win this game provided that we play virtually error free.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Unless someone kidnaps HC Jeff Joseph, DC Matt McDaniel, OC Cade McCary, and Run Game Coordinator/OL Coach Charlie Feller, PN-G will have a shot to win the game against anyone the Indians line up against. It may take HC Joseph and DC McDaniel one or two series to figure out the other team, but once they do, they make adjustments and shut them down. The same for the offense. Once the coaching staff sees what the defense is giving them, they will take it. If the opponent wants to play straight up, the Indians will run the ball down your throat. Once you drop the safeties and put eight in the box, the ball is going up over the top. This is the best coaching staff at PN-G since Doug Ethridge walked the sidelines. It also helps to have the best OL in 5A-DII controlling the line of scrimmage, and a three man DL that can consistently whip the opposing team's OL. The PN-G DL is bad ass.

100+ Posts
Will the Indianettes be back for the game? It'll be strange without them in the stands.

Anyway, this will be a good game. Probably high scoring.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I understand what you are saying, but they beat Randle and Huntsville who are in their district and both those teams are playing next week in the playoffs so they are no slouches. To have 3 teams from your district still in the playoffs is pretty impressive. From the games I have watched they have a stud running back who gets stronger as the game goes along. You have to hit him in the backfield like Huntsville did before he gets a head of steam. And they have a big fast running QB who is a decent passer.
The key for PNG is to score first and keep their offense off the field with long sustained drives. Of course our OL will dominate as usual as they have a couple DL on the small size and we now have a 1 2 punch with our outstanding running backs. I also think our secondary is vastly underrated. Those boys are h u n g r y.

Defensively they have an outstanding outside linebacker who likes to crash the line of scrimmage and is a hell of a tackler. LC is going to pack the box just like everyone else so we got to slow him down. So......my prediction is PNG by 10 for the state title....errr for the win.
Yeah, I got some of my info from family who are very active long time Huntsville football fans. They said LC is definitely legit and a solid top 5 team but a bit overrated putting them at #1. The consensus is it’ll be a battle for sure but they haven’t been tested by a big physical O-Line like ours so that might be the difference maker.

15PNG

500+ Posts
We need to make some changes once we get inside the 20. Field gets shorter and the farther we go the harder it’s going to be running up the middle every play inside the 20. We left at least 10-17 points on the field last night
This ☝

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The one pattern that would be nice to solve for is the opposing defenders crashing down from the edges and hitting the PN-G runner in the backfield while he waits for the blocks to clear out a lane. Especially if the opposition has a fast linebacker or defensive end that is assigned to do exactly that.

You can bet your paycheck that MLC has seen that on film and will be doing it.

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
The one pattern that would be nice to solve for is the opposing defenders crashing down from the edges and hitting the PN-G runner in the backfield while he waits for the blocks to clear out a lane. Especially if the opposition has a fast linebacker or defensive end that is assigned to do exactly that.

Yep and #7 MLB/OLB is the man for LC. Watch the Huntsville/LC game, he is tough ,fast and rarely misses a tackle. Got to get a helmet on him quick.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

Yes! That was the only effective, defensive play that they had. That guy was quick!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PN-G was putting in backups no later than mid-3rd quarter against Rouse and ahead 51-7. And still got 5 first downs on the last drive of the game while playing everyone.

Indians could have easily scored 72+ on Rouse with the offensive starters.

Jeff Joseph is building his team up for the future AND winning now. And those backups will practice with even more enthusiasm and camaraderie as they are actually playing in big games. The entire team benefits.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
If the LB or DE crashes down on the RB, the cure for that problem is the QB pulling the ball back from the RB and taking off. Adams did it vs. Brenham and ran untouched for a TD. Brenham was having its DEs, outside LBs, and DBs blitz off the edge. Adams read the RPO perfectly and he torched them. PN-G did not need the RPO/QB keeper vs. Rouse because #33 and #15 torched them even when the LB or DE crashed down. Yes, Rouse made a few stops, but there's nothing to worry about when the Indians are winning 51-14. When Montgomery Lake Creek or others crash down in a closer game, you can bet that McCary and Feller will have the QB pull the ball back and run for miles. Similar response when the LBs shoot the gaps inside the Center and Guards. Rouse did it a few times. The defense may find a way to stop a particular run play two or three times, but McCary and Feller will make adjustments and find a way to get an OL or H-Back helmet on each defender and when they do, adios, the RB will score just like #15 did multiple times last Friday. When the defense drops the safeties down, the ball is going up top. Just like it did to #11 last week. This coaching staff is aggressive. They see something, they take it. You blitz, you will probably get away with it a few times, but McCary and Feller will adjust and burn you.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores