5A DII State Championship Game

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
FYI: To those planning to record the game on Bally Sports Southwest, please note that the broadcast may be preempted by a Dallas Mavericks game. If so, you will need to try to catch a subsequent replay of the game, which will often (but not always) cut out portions of the game. This is always a risk for teams playing Friday night during the championship weekend. Some cable or satellite providers might have an alternate channel for viewing and/or recording the live broadcast on game night, while others will not. For example, Dish Network used to have an alternate channel, but they no longer carry BSSW due to a contract dispute. Xfinty does not have any alternate channel, so if they are showing the Mavericks game you are stuck with a replay. And as I previously noted some cable or satellite providers (e.g., Xfinity) block you from recording their broadcasts to DVD (but possibly not VCR) in any case. As IndianFan has noted, if all else fails you can always buy a DVD from the UIL (for $20.00). However, those who are unable to make it to the game are unlikely to want to wait that long to watch it, so I wanted to let everyone know that if it is preempted on the main channel (and if there is no alternate channel available) there will likely be a replay sometime between midnight Friday and 11am Saturday.

Last edited:

90NDN

500+ Posts
Luckily up in dfw I get 3 or 4 bally channels ..so when mavs are on, football Friday is always on an alternate channel.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

NHSBulldogFan

As mentioned on the SETXSPORTS.COM messagboard I hope the PN-G coaches will enforce Article 5 of the NCAA rulebook that prevents South Oak Cliff from wearing the MECCA uniforms...it'll cost them 15 yards and time outs if they do

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores