5A DII State Championship Game

NHSBulldogFan

After watching some recent video, not all that impressed by SOC. PN-G will own both lines of scrimmage. The Indians will win if they execute their game.
Own is a strong word...SOC defense line is not big it's their LB core and DBs that really does the work...on offense they love to run it up the middle another one of their favorite plays is the fake jet sweep to the left throw to the right

100+ Posts
PSA: There's a Buc-ee's on I-45; but if you take an alternate route I hear there's a pretty good BBQ place near Centerville called Woody's.

1990NDN

After watching some recent video, not all that impressed by SOC. PN-G will own both lines of scrimmage. The Indians will win if they execute their game.
I agree. I've watched several games. SOC isn't very aggressive. Linemen get lazy. I just don't think they have seen the intensity our boys are bringing. In all honesty after watching 4-5 of their games, if I had to choose without knowing records or any of that, I'd rather play SOC than LBJ or FBM again. It's definitely a winning opportunity for PNG if we play like we are capable.

90NDN

500+ Posts
I hope we win of course, but let's not think this game is a gimme...SOC lost to 6A powerhouses Duncanville & Desoto who are both in the finals as well plus Lancaster who lost to a good Frisco Reedy team who got knocked off in the playoffs 5a D1 playoffs by Longview. Regardless of the outcome, we made it to the ship again!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Own is a strong word...SOC defense line is not big it's their LB core and DBs that really does the work...on offense they love to run it up the middle another one of their favorite plays is the fake jet sweep to the left throw to the right
Read it as ‘hold their own’. Line of scrimmage being down linemen on either side of the ball.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I very much like our chances
I erased some of my earlier posts because I thought they might be a little too mean spirited towards SOC
Lol
Here’s how I think the game will go (I hope)
They’ll be their normal nonchalant selves. Then we go ahead and they actually “try” then when that doesn’t work they start getting frustrated and blaming each other then the wheels fall off
I think it could be a potential big win honestly. Either way I’m glad we made it here and will be on the TV
Sounds cheesy but it does a lot for a program to play in the game. Yes winning is what we want and what I predict. I think we will win by more than one score at least double digits.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
And yes their #10 DE VERY much reminds me of Derrick Brown from Texas High and I pretty much watched all of his games Jr and Sr years.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
One thing I love about Crippen
Is he RARELY throws interceptions
Either because of bad vision or due to defensive schemes

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
As mentioned on the SETXSPORTS.COM messagboard I hope the PN-G coaches will enforce Article 5 of the NCAA rulebook that prevents South Oak Cliff from wearing the MECCA uniforms...it'll cost them 15 yards and time outs if they do
My question is
Why haven’t the SJWs of the world protested the obvious use of a cultural and religious term for their own uses
I mean really
If there’s a misappropriation of terms that’s got to be it.
Have the Muslims been notified about this yet ?
Where’s the outrage ?
Does it also say that they’re promoting athletes moving to their school from the other DISD schools to play?

NHSBulldogFan

My question is
Why haven’t the SJWs of the world protested the obvious use of a cultural and religious term for their own uses
I mean really
If there’s a misappropriation of terms that’s got to be it.
Have the Muslims been notified about this yet ?
Where’s the outrage ?
Does it also say that they’re promoting athletes moving to their school from the other DISD schools to play?
I was told this was a nothing burger...nothing to see here

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
I very much like our chances
I erased some of my earlier posts because I thought they might be a little too mean spirited towards SOC
Lol
Here’s how I think the game will go (I hope)
They’ll be their normal nonchalant selves. Then we go ahead and they actually “try” then when that doesn’t work they start getting frustrated and blaming each other then the wheels fall off
I think it could be a potential big win honestly. Either way I’m glad we made it here and will be on the TV
Sounds cheesy but it does a lot for a program to play in the game. Yes winning is what we want and what I predict. I think we will win by more than one score at least double digits.
What I have noticed is they have no kicking game and special teams. QB looks every time at his intended receiver before the snap and locks on the whole time. His mechanics look weak and is erratic. DL looks tough to me especially #80. Our OL will have control this guy. Go Indians.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores