5A DII State Championship Game

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The notorious calpreps site has this game pretty darn even.

5A-II CHAMPIONSHIP
South Oak Cliff (Dallas, TX) vs. Port Neches-Groves (Port Neches, TX) at Cowboys Stadium (Arlington, TX), 7:00pm [projection and percent chances to win: South Oak Cliff (Dallas, TX) 22 (53%) Port Neches-Groves (Port Neches, TX) 21 (47%)]

1310TheTicket

The notorious calpreps site has this game pretty darn even.

5A-II CHAMPIONSHIP
South Oak Cliff (Dallas, TX) vs. Port Neches-Groves (Port Neches, TX) at Cowboys Stadium (Arlington, TX), 7:00pm [projection and percent chances to win: South Oak Cliff (Dallas, TX) 22 (53%) Port Neches-Groves (Port Neches, TX) 21 (47%)]

Limit/eliminate the big play. This kinda team lives/dies by it.

The last couple of days have been interesting speaking with former colleagues who grew up in/around DISD, Cedar Hill, Desoto, Duncanville, etc. Usually pretty cocky dudes. Only one seemed half-way confident (D-ville grad, was at the SOC/LH game last year).

Funny, the common question has been "y'all bring alot of people don't y'all?". One of them keeps bragging about how many people SOC had at the game last year ("Jerry Jones had to open up more sections because DISD represented!"). Whatever. Had to let him know we held the record for YEARS. Was only broken when they went to the single site playoff games. If they bring more than us that'll be worse than losing as much as I've run my mouth about it.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I am confident we can win this, but moving the ball might be tough. Could be similar to the 1977 Plano game, hopefully with a different outcome. Argyle was a very good team and had to settle for only two field goals despite getting two INTs deep in SOC territory. We need to have a great game plan offensively and execute it well for 4 quarters, as well as limiting their scoring as much as possible. We need to play relatively mistake free for 4 quarters, like we have done the last two games. And we definitely need to capitalize fully on any TO’s we get in their territory. I would obviously like to see an Indian blowout, and this team is certainly capable of that if we play to the best of our ability and they don’t. However, I think the most likely outcome is a close, low scoring game that will require us to keep our foot on gas from start to finish and capitalize on every available opportunity. History is calling. Lets answer that call!!!

Last edited:

NHSBulldogFan

I am confident we can win this, but moving the ball might be tough. Could be similar to the 1977 Plano game, hopefully with a different outcome. Argyle was a very good team and had to settle for only two field goals despite getting two INTs deep in SOC territory. We need to have a great game plan offensively and execute it well for 4 quarters, as well as limiting their scoring as much as possible. We need to play relatively mistake free for 4 quarters, like we have done the last two games. And we definitely need to capitalize fully on any TO’s we get in their territory. I would obviously like to see an Indian blowout, and this team is certainly capable of that if we play to the best of our ability and they don’t. However, I think the most likely outcome is a close, low scoring game that will require us to keep our foot on gas from start to finish and capitalize on every available opportunity. History is calling. Lets answer that call!!!
Weather conditions were terrible in the 2nd half of that game I think Argyle would have had two TDs if the weather had cooperated

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
SOC vs Midlothian Heritage. SOC won in overtime.
If you watch this, you will notice that #11 is the go to guy at WR. Stop him and take their passing game away from them.
Run away from #80 or kick him outside and run inside.
They don't have the discipline to defend the double option. MH has consistent gains with the double option. Make them stop it. My other 2 cents. :)
We got this.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
SOC vs Midlothian Heritage. SOC won in overtime.
If you watch this, you will notice that #11 is the go to guy at WR. Stop him and take their passing game away from them.
Run away from #80 or kick him outside and run inside.
They don't have the discipline to defend the double option. MH has consistent gains with the double option. Make them stop it. My other 2 cents. :)
We got this.
Haven’t seen the option played with Crippen. He either hands it off or pitches it out to the back.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
And Fort Bend Marshall 29-21 as a 17 point underdog. Heart, character, pride and fans never factor into the X's and O's. PNG Wins this game and SHOCKS Dallas.
Shock the state. Typical season for PNG. Great team but hidden in SE Texas with little to no coverage other than spreading controversy across the state. Even some of the local team fans try to deny the strength of a good PNG team. I keep reading about how poorly they started out. What did anyone expect from a team with a new coach and new systems in place and 1/2 scrimmage before the season started? Put this well oiled version of the team on the field day 1 of the season and they are 15-0 at this point.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores