5A DII State Championship Game

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I’m trying to figure out what do we all do when the season is over. This has been a great season and a great ride. There is a lot of talent and experience coming back next season so there will be a lot to look forward to. Until then, the excitement builds. I hope the PNG Nation fills up Cowboys Stadium and shows how the best fans in the state operate. And expecting that SC#4 is about 2 days and 11 or so hours away.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I noteiced that we don't do near as many "trick" plays, as we did with BF. Maybe because we haven't needed them, which is good. But I hope that they have some in their toolbox, just in case.
Actually, we have executed a few during the playoffs, which is the best time to use them IMO. And they have mostly been successful, which is the most important thing. The fake punt and the WR pass were executed to perfection.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
That was the first time I had ever seen the “swinging gate” fake punt it was perfect

Even though it looked like something was up
The defense was totally taken by surprise

I think this is the perfect time to use trickery

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
That was the first time I had ever seen the “swinging gate” fake punt it was perfect

Even though it looked like something was up
The defense was totally taken by surprise

I think this is the perfect time to use trickery
It even took me by surprise!! By the time I (and their special teams) figured out what was going on it was a done deal.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I agree that we've used a few, but it seems like BF used them a LOT,... especially big games like MCM.
We just need to punch them in the mouth early and catch them off guard... like all the others1

bandkid

Staff member
I get a huge kick out of the fact that this was shared by the radio station in Jasper.

It’s been awesome to watch the rest of Southeast Texas unify around this team.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Man…
I hear everyone talking about how they LOVE 6 man football
I’m ~trying~ to watch it (again lol)
I just can’t get into it
It’s as different as cricket is to baseball

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Mart made the same mistake we made once in Jr High
When they won the toss they said they wanted to kick
(Instead of defer) so they kicked off both halves
Most refs won’t allow you to make that mistake some will.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
It’s definitely its own thing. I do like it, but mostly because: (1) I’m a football fanatic and (2) I only watch it twice a year (both state championship games). The biggest problem with it from my point of view: Not enough defense. Like watching a baseball game with no outfielders.

Torino

500+ Posts
FYI: To those planning to record the game on Bally Sports Southwest, please note that the broadcast may be preempted by a Dallas Mavericks game. If so, you will need to try to catch a subsequent replay of the game, which will often (but not always) cut out portions of the game. This is always a risk for teams playing Friday night during the championship weekend. Some cable or satellite providers might have an alternate channel for viewing and/or recording the live broadcast on game night, while others will not. For example, Dish Network used to have an alternate channel, but they no longer carry BSSW due to a contract dispute. Xfinty does not have any alternate channel, so if they are showing the Mavericks game you are stuck with a replay. And as I previously noted some cable or satellite providers (e.g., Xfinity) block you from recording their broadcasts to DVD (but possibly not VCR) in any case. As IndianFan has noted, if all else fails you can always buy a DVD from the UIL (for $20.00). However, those who are unable to make it to the game are unlikely to want to wait that long to watch it, so I wanted to let everyone know that if it is preempted on the main channel (and if there is no alternate channel available) there will likely be a replay sometime between midnight Friday and 11am Saturday.
I'll be in San Antonio Friday night celebrating a wedding anniversary or would be in Arlington. Hope the Mavericks won't be shown on Bally but will have my trusted laptop for 92.5 just in case.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores