a look at the 20-4A playoffs scene

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

Stick to selling used cars, prevent defenses do one thing, prevent you from winning, and it almost did. We were stopping them in our normal set D like a cheap Kia.

nissanindian

100+ Posts
1id what you dont know is when you going to talk about my job aleast have your fact straight Kia does not make a cheap car anymore in fact all the cars that have been redeign were design by the same man who design the porche cayanne so I will keep selling my cars
1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
Stick to selling used cars, prevent defenses do one thing, prevent you from winning, and it almost did. We were stopping them in our normal set D like a cheap Kia.

In fact I hjave sold several PNG faithful so let stick to football if you know anything about it

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

I think you are the only one on here that promotes their business on this site, talk about sticking to football. Son, I have forgot more about football and played more football then you will ever dream about. I certainly will not mention your spelling, grammar and of course the all important punctuality.

What does KIA stand for Kar In Accident?

nissanindian

100+ Posts
yes i do promote my business on here and everyone that has bought one from me is completely satisfied but like proud said will squash it

well i didnt know i was getting graded on english I just cant stand how someone can take a good thing and make it bad yes they drove down the field DID THEY SCORE NO so leave it alone. A win is a win and when you start coaching the Indians You can make the decison until then just be happy with the win. One more thing You dont know me and I dont know you but Ive played for a State Championship and was offer college scholarships but chose to serve my country instead so until you say something that makes any sense on here then lay off my Indians

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:

That's one of John Madden's quips, but the prevent defense is still prevalent in the NFL and college ranks. There must be something to them.
Better to cause the other team to burn clock with short completions or runs than getting it all in one shot because of busted coverage or the receiver blowing past everybody.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I have a suggestion, why don't we focus on the topic of this thread. Ok so lets discuss who we may end up playing in the first round of the playoffs once we earn a playoff spot. Of course alot of factors will determine who is matched up with who. I read if it all falls out and we go D1, #2 seed we would face Crosby. If we go D2 we could end up with Dayton. Anyone have any insite or thoughts ?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
I have a suggestion, why don't we focus on the topic of this thread. Ok so lets discuss who we may end up playing in the first round of the playoffs once we earn a playoff spot. Of course alot of factors will determine who is matched up with who. I read if it all falls out and we go D1, #2 seed we would face Crosby. If we go D2 we could end up with Dayton. Anyone have any insite or thoughts ?
There is an article in this mornings Beaumont Enterprise that details it all out. We have to win this game to advance and if either Livingston or LCM wins their game then we will have to beat Central to advance due to Livingston having a better point spread. I'm telling this from memory. Maybe someone could post this for article for all of us.....????

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:

I think we need to worry about winning the next 2 games, then worry about the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

Justa that is the wisest post that I have ever read on this site, other then of course my posts. Nissan, I to have served my country, played and won a state championship, played in and won a college national championship. Never had a desire to coach, but I am sure that I would have made a good one, as my college coach was one of the most famous coaches ever to coach. During my playing days his assistant coaches, my mentors taught me alot about football and life and went on to be famous head coaches themseleves. As for our jobs we both are in the transportation business, yours is on the ground and mine is in the air, Fly the Friendly Skies someday and we may run into each other.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
squaw said:
pngfan66 said:
There is an article in this mornings Beaumont Enterprise that details it all out. We have to win this game to advance and if either Livingston or LCM wins their game then we will have to beat Central to advance due to Livingston having a better point spread. I'm telling this from memory. Maybe someone could post this for article for all of us.....????
Ok I looked on the enterprise site and no article found. Also since LCM and Livingston play this Friday one of them is gonna win so does that mean we still have to beat central ? I would think to our benefit would be for LCM to bear Livingston.

indianforever

100+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
squaw said:
pngfan66 said:
Ok I looked on the enterprise site and no article found. Also since LCM and Livingston play this Friday one of them is gonna win so does that mean we still have to beat central ? I would think to our benefit would be for LCM to bear Livingston.

if nederland loses and we win this week we clinch a playoff spot

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I think that is correct and if Nederland wins we have to beat Central next week. Like I said, the paper was thrown out so I'm trying to remember. He said something about we'd be -9 and somebody would be -5 and therefore not advance. It was almost the entire 2nd page of the sports section today. Now I wished I'd saved it- thought someone would've posted it. Sorry! Also, Justafan, who rattled your damn chain? I was not responding to you or anything you write or say.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
If we beat Vidor Friday night and ned loses to either Ozen or LCM we will be in as the D1 representative. At the risk of offending Bulldog sympathizers, I will be rooting against them even more than usual the next 2 weeks. Actually, from what I understand, it would be better for us for Livingston to beat LCM. The reasoning being that it helps us avoid a 3 way point differential system. It would be better to have Livingston with wins over both LCM and us, then we would have the head to head over LCM. The worst case scenario would be for LCM to beat Livingston and lose to ned and us go 1-1 and Livingston beat Vidor. That would result in a 4 way tie for 2nd place and to be honest, I don't know what 20-4A has in place for that and I don't really want to find out.

*Disclaimer- I agree that we need to win out and not have to worry about tiebreakers. I know we can and I know that is what our players and coaches are focused on doing. But as fans, it is fun to speculate and talk about these scenarios. Also, be warned that trying to figure all this out may result in confusion, light-headedness and a splitting headache! :thud:

pngfan66

500+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
If we beat Vidor Friday night and ned loses to either Ozen or LCM we will be in as the D1 representative. At the risk of offending Bulldog sympathizers, I will be rooting against them even more than usual the next 2 weeks. Actually, from what I understand, it would be better for us for Livingston to beat LCM. The reasoning being that it helps us avoid a 3 way point differential system. It would be better to have Livingston with wins over both LCM and us, then we would have the head to head over LCM. The worst case scenario would be for LCM to beat Livingston and lose to ned and us go 1-1 and Livingston beat Vidor. That would result in a 4 way tie for 2nd place and to be honest, I don't know what 20-4A has in place for that and I don't really want to find out.

*Disclaimer- I agree that we need to win out and not have to worry about tiebreakers. I know we can and I know that is what our players and coaches are focused on doing. But as fans, it is fun to speculate and talk about these scenarios. Also, be warned that trying to figure all this out may result in confusion, light-headedness and a splitting headache! :thud:
Ok the scenario voices in my head are getting to me ! how about this, let's win both remaining games then we don't have to figure out all the headaches ! GO NDN'S

Oldschool

One eyed you talk a lot and did some horn tooting, you must not be frompng because what you have said doesn't fit for anyone around here that I know of. If you are so confident in your knowledge of football and enko tooting your horn then reveal who you are. I can say I did all of those things just as easily. Heck I am starting recall when I went to the olympics and won the gold medal.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores