Area Playoffs: PN-G vs Austin LBJ

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
We can envision the offensive line giving Crippen time and opening holes for the backs while not committing any penalties. We can envision Crippen throwing accurate, crisp passes to his outstanding receiver corp of Prosperie, Guarnere, Adams, Lopez and others catching every pass. We can envision the running backs running hard, making cuts into open space and hanging onto the ball.

We can envision the defensive line continuing to dominate the line of scrimmage and pressuring the quarterback, outside linebackers containing the edges and middle linebackers not overcommitting and missing tackles. We can envision the defensive backs playing the ball and not letting receivers get behind them.

If they can do all of the above, we can expect a win.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
LBJ does not have the size of FBM, but like the Buffs, the LBJ Jaguars have an active and fast defense. If the PN-G offense limits mistakes and protects the football, it will be game on. The PN-G defense has seen what LBJ offers...an elusive QB that can run and throw and a RB and group of WRs that present problems in open space. The PN-G defense has played against plenty of speed. LBJ is not quicker or faster than PAM, Beaumont United, WO-S, FBM, Willowridge, or Texas City. It may take a series or two, but the PN-G defense should settle in and play good football. I think it will all come down to the PN-G offense taking care of the football. If PN-G turns the ball over and gives LBJ easy points, it will be basketball season next week. One more thing, PN-G can't give away points on special teams. The Indians need another solid performance from the kids on special teams. ST have been playing well. Especially last week. I'm excited to go see PN-G at Rhodes Stadium. Let's go Indians! Pull together and play good football. You got this!

100+ Posts
Been watching the FBM replay a little.
1. We don't do it often, but when we do throw the short pass to #30 we get good yardage.
2. The offensive and defensive linemen for FBM appear to be a tad more "agile", just putting it politely, than LBJ linemen.
3. LBJ runs a no-huddle hurry-up offense. FBM runs a no-huddle take-your-sweet-time offense like we do.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
No clue but one thing we know is Adams needs to get as many touches as possible. He gains 3-4 yards even when he falls forward. Would like to see some ‘trick’ plays with him getting the ball on a screen type pass and tossing it to Guarnere or Prosperie.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Game plan will need to counter LBJ’s speed on defense and ability to pressure Crippen. They are going to go after him. He does not play his best under pressure and if flushed out of the pocket his injury chances are high.

1990NDN

I have a feeling we're gonna see a heavier dose of Adams and Droddy in the backfield. If Crippen plays well we will be in this game. This is a game where you can't rest anybody anymore to save them for later. Time to fire the big guns. Play calling. Personnel. Everything.

NDNMOM34

Everybody is good until you get punched in the mouth. I know they've put up an insane amount of points but, I just don't think they've played anyone of our calibur. Our boys will be ready to throw down.
I agree...their schedule was light. Maxpreps ranks their strength of schedule as -1.5 (yes that's NEGATIVE 1.5) while ours is an 18.3!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores