As of today's date - do we have an applicant yet?

NONS81

squaw said:
Gumbeaux said:
Its not like they need 20 people in the room...If the selected group can not come to an agreement with the years of experience, degrees, and education they all have then ....hell......just throw it all out the window and get you a BALL coach!
What I want to know is which board member you are???? Wanting a selection committee that is fair and equal to both communities is not unreasonable. Why would you want a washed up coach (and not a great coach, to boot) and three (not two) handpicked board members and no unbiased members at all??? IMHO there should be two citizens from each community that have no hidden agenda. You can call it griping all you want--seems like if anyone has any concern at all they are "griping and complaining". I guess taxpayers aren't allowed to have an opinion. Is that right?

You know squaw, I have the same question. Why are we not allowed to express our dislike of things being done, not only with the selection of the coach, but of anything that has gone on in the district. If you bought a car would you just accept the fact that it is a lemon and keep driving it and hope everything works out ok. Or would you bring it back to the dealer and flat out demand that they make it right!!!! I know none of you would just suck it up and move on - you would demand to be treated fairly by replacing the car or getting your money back. There is no difference in that situation and what is going on within the district. Think about it this way for a second...

allstarmom

100+ Posts
WOW!!! I didnt mean to start any stuff. I was just wondering if Cummings was on the committee because he was GMS principal then why wasnt Hooper on the committee. If it has something to do with Ken's longevity with the school district, then fine. I have no problem with that. I know that Kyle hasn't been at PNMS long, so maybe that is the reason he was left off. Good grief!! It was more of an observation question than anything else.

lizard

Cj and just a fan you both hit the nail right on the head. The committee is as good as you can ask for hiring a coach. To answer the last post , if you dont like how things are being done then run for the board. But to get on a public message board and bash people and complain is ridiculous. That is the problem with these message boards people bad mouth other people while hiding behind there computer.

Gumbeaux

Who are you talking to Squaw?......All I did was play ball back in the day....My comments were on why was everyone so picky about who was on the committee....From the names people have posted I would be fine with those....Couple ex coaches...administrators...elected officials....What more do you want than for yourself to be sitting there....

And in that case some off us on this message board would rake that over the coals for selecting someone who posts on message boards how unhappy they are with all the decisions being made...

badndn

500+ Posts
WOW this went downhill quick. Folks, at some point you have to trust the elected officials and let them do what the majority elected them to do. If they do an unacceptable job, then help get someone else voted in next election! Like it or not it is out of your control!

I'm anxious to see who is on the list of applicants.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Cummings and Keith were both good coaches and very qualified to help with the decision.

I don't understand the constant criticism of the school board. They've done no worse than any other school board that I'm aware of. And unless you have some specific example of why they would make a concious choice to harm the district and community, it's nothing more than undeserved bashing.

N

NDNPARENT

IndianFan said:
Cummings and Keith were both good coaches and very qualified to help with the decision.

I don't understand the constant criticism of the school board. They've done no worse than any other school board that I'm aware of. And unless you have some specific example of why they would make a concious choice to harm the district and community, it's nothing more than undeserved bashing.

hmmmmm... SEATBELTS ON BUSES! They made it a point of it in the bond before election and then turn around and take it away.
accounting problems with the bond , where they are cutting things that was intended to happen but is not happening now.

do not listen to the concerns of the ppl , they are not approachable and have an attitude when someon question and their decision

and when only 3k plus ppl vote for the school board election when there 30k between the two cities.

and having the election at the district offices and not following their own rules and regulation of the voting polls!
so the bashing is justified. and it goes with the territory , if they do not like it then get out of public office!

lizard

How bout this ndnparrent if you are going to criticize or bash someone then the only ethical thing to do would be sign your name and stand by your statement. No disrespect to you, but you could be a kid posting or the villiage idiot But we dont know.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:
IndianFan said:

hmmmmm... SEATBELTS ON BUSES! They made it a point of it in the bond before election and then turn around and take it away.
accounting problems with the bond , where they are cutting things that was intended to happen but is not happening now.

do not listen to the concerns of the ppl , they are not approachable and have an attitude when someon question and their decision

and when only 3k plus ppl vote for the school board election when there 30k between the two cities.

and having the election at the district offices and not following their own rules and regulation of the voting polls!
so the bashing is justified. and it goes with the territory , if they do not like it then get out of public office!

And I bet you go to every school board meeting to voice your concern correct??? And I bet you call the Admin office also right?

badndn

500+ Posts
And if you don't like it. Find the candidates that you want and rally the loacals for support on election day. Otherwise you either go to the board meetings and voice your opinions in a civilized manner and have it put on public record or you support the board until next election. Because bi+chin' and whinin' about it over and over and over again on a message board ain't doin jack. Use the message board (comunnity concerns) at election time to help get your candidate elected!

I Love Being An Indian Fan and A Member Of This Community Filled With Woderful People.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Heres to better things for Indian Nation in 2009.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDNPARENT said:

The seatbelt topic can be debated either way. The choice that the PNGISD board made is not uncommon. Do some research to understand.
Rising costs are not controlled by the school board. Every school district faces the same delimma. I can list multiple cutbacks in my district.
Are they choosing to ignore all concerns, or avoiding a response to irrational hostility?
Voter apathy isn't a problem created by the school board. Average voter turnout in Texas was 8.5% in 2007.

My point is that justifiable criticism is fine. But anonymous bashing accomplishes nothing but creating negative perceptions. They were voted into office to perform the duties. If you don't like the job they do, organize the community, or run for office yourself.
This is the equivalent of someone criticizing corporate management. All I can say is step into those shoes and deal with the complex problems that arise on a regular basis. it's not easy and it's not always a 'black and white' decision.

Check this sites if you want to hear other district concerns and what they're doing to try and make a difference.
www.katycitizens.org

NONS81

While I don't agree with the seat belt topic, I do understand why they did what they did. Because the state decided to make it mandatory in 2010 ( I think that is the year) anyway, if it is made mandatory, then we will not have to pay the extra cost to add the seat belts to the new buses that we purchase. However, it was part of and in some cases, the reason that people voted FOR the bond.

Enough about that topic. The board appears to be unapproachable, but most are not. Yet, when given information, important information, they tend to ignore the public's opinion. This is why they recieve the the constant brow beating that they recieve. I do stay in contact with the admin office, especially if I have questions and there are two board members that I ask questions to and if they don't know the answer, they find out for me. Now, with all this being said, you have some contraversy amongst the board members, because, like us, they do not always agree on certain topics. This gives the appearance of people on a board doing exactly whatever they want to do and to heck with the public. Whether that is actually the case or not, it appears that way and does not reflect well on the board. I hope this clears up some of the reasons for not approving of what happens within the district and why some of the people are not fans of some of the school board members.

I will say this, if you have a question, present it in a reasonable manner and you will get an answer - if you attack them they will defend themselves.

N

NDNPARENT

NDNS81 said:
While I don't agree with the seat belt topic, I do understand why they did what they did. Because the state decided to make it mandatory in 2010 ( I think that is the year) anyway, if it is made mandatory, then we will not have to pay the extra cost to add the seat belts to the new buses that we purchase. However, it was part of and in some cases, the reason that people voted FOR the bond.

Enough about that topic. The board appears to be unapproachable, but most are not. Yet, when given information, important information, they tend to ignore the public's opinion. This is why they recieve the the constant brow beating that they recieve. I do stay in contact with the admin office, especially if I have questions and there are two board members that I ask questions to and if they don't know the answer, they find out for me. Now, with all this being said, you have some contraversy amongst the board members, because, like us, they do not always agree on certain topics. This gives the appearance of people on a board doing exactly whatever they want to do and to heck with the public. Whether that is actually the case or not, it appears that way and does not reflect well on the board. I hope this clears up some of the reasons for not approving of what happens within the district and why some of the people are not fans of some of the school board members.

I will say this, if you have a question, present it in a reasonable manner and you will get an answer - if you attack them they will defend themselves.

total agreement !

I already know of someone that is going to run against one board member this year and i think they will be great! very approachable and will listen!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
This is getting ridiculous! For one thing, Justafan, you do not know me or anything about me. I resent you making this personal. Also, the funny thing is that the committee selected has not even been made public yet! No one knows who I was speaking about UNLESS they're part of the select group doing all the talking in the community. I was not referring to any of our current coaches. I do believe that both middle school coaches should be on the committee because they will have to work for and with the new HC/AD. I know what a hard job both teachers and coaches do every day and would never think of or make disparaging remarks about any educator. NOW, listen closely, the only remarks I made were about the selection process and how its being conducted. Why all the secrecy? Citizens have the right to ask these questions. It is their legal right and responsibility. I was not bashing anyone on the school board--I was questioning why only three were handpicked. Did anyone consider that other board members may have been interested also? If I don't like the manner in which some people on the board reach their decisions, then I will vote against them. That's also my right. Saying this, I am looking forward to a great year of PNG football and I wish everyone on here a great 2009!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores