Coach Brandon Faircloth

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
Re: Brandon Faircloth

kfdmcoop said:
Looks like Faircloth may be the new HC!!
Just asking, but what makes you say that? Do you know something solid that we do not know yet? :huh:

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts

He's a good one the more i search. Runs several versions of the spread and gives Defenses fits in West Texas.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

Odessa Permian assistant set to be PN-G football coach, vote pending
By THE ENTERPRISE
January, 30, 2009

Odessa Permian assistant football coach Brandon Faircloth might be the next head football coach at Port Neches-Groves.

Faircloth, an offensive coordinator at Permian, will be presented to the school board for a vote during a Tuesday meeting, PN-G ISD Superintendent Lani Randall said Friday.

Permian averaged 41.4 points per game during an undefeated, 10-game regular season last year. The Panthers won two playoff games and lost to Allen, 28-22, in the Class 5A Division I area round.

allstarmom

100+ Posts

Just copied this off the PNG website about the special board meeting called.

Port Neches-Groves ISD

Special Meeting
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
6:00 PM
West Groves Ed. Center, 5840 W. Jefferson, Groves, TX

1. Call to Order and Establishment of Quorum

2. Consider Approval of Employment of Athletic Director/Head Football Coach

3. Adjournment

:woohoo:

ScalpEm24

There is a buzz around all the boards and the town....people seem to be extremely happy w the choice. Bring in new young mind to jumpstart a sleeping giant....Seems to be the talk of the town, even at the big BBall game tonite.... :clap:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

He'll definitely bring in new ideas and hopefully motivate the current PN-G staff to strive for new achievements.

And mixing a few elements of MOJO with Indian Spirit can't be bad.

ScalpEm24

From what i have heard, a booster club was defintely mentioned and talked about during the hiring process....it only makes sense...i mean seriously think of it, selling, koozies, shirts, hats, face stickers, jerseys, the list can go on & on, you just have to have the right approach.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

Excellent job by the hiring committee. Faircloth sounds like the perfect selection.

Young and driven.
Proven experience as OC over a wide open offense.
Proven ability to develop QBs.
Experience at big time 5A programs.

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/local/odessa_permian_coordinator_faircloth_set_to_become_pn-g_football_coach_01-30-2009.html

From one storied program to another, Brandon Faircloth appears set to be the next Port Neches-Groves football coach.

Faircloth is an assistant coach at Odessa Permian and will become PN-G's next coach pending a vote of PN-G ISD board members at a Tuesday meeting.

PN-G ISD Superintendent Lani Randall said Friday that she will recommend to the board that Faircloth be the next football coach and boys athletic coordinator.

Should the board approve Randall's recommendation, he'll go from a program that has won six state titles to one that has won three state titles and is steeped with more tradition than any other Southeast Texas program.

"He's been able to live through that experience, which is a lot different from hearing about it or reading about in a book," Permian coach Darren Allman said in reference to "Friday Night Lights," a bestselling book about the 1988 Permian football team.

Faircloth has served as Permian's offensive coordinator for three seasons. Permian averaged 42.6 points through an undefeated, 10-game regular season and three playoff games, the last a 28-22 loss to eventual Class 5A Division I champion Allen.

"He's a very intelligent person that knows how to teach, and he's been a great offensive coordinator for us," Allman said. "We got immediately better when he came to Permian."

Faircloth did not return a phone message Friday.

Randall said Faircloth's experience and accomplishments set him apart from the 35-person field of applicants.

"It came down to his experience and the accomplishments he has had at the places he's been, like Westlake, Highland Park and Permian," Randall said. "Those are all successful high schools."

Last season, PN-G averaged 18.4 points in nine games. The Indians won their first three games but lost the last six.

If hired, Faircloth will replace former Matt Burnett, who coached 22 seasons at PN-G, the last 15 as head coach. Burnett coached PN-G to a Class 4A state title game in 1999.

The PN-G ISD reassigned Burnett to outdoor athletic complex coordinator and student attendance officer Nov. 25.

Faircloth, Georgetown assistant Chuck Griffin and Calallen head coach/athletic director Philip Danaher were the three finalists for the position, Randall said.

The PN-G ISD had revealed Faircloth as a coaching applicant only after the Texas Attorney General's office required it to do so. The school district had asked the AG's office if the Texas Freedom of Information Act required it to release the names of applicants after it received six requests for the list of applicants.

"It's been a long process, and come Tuesday, it will be where we want it to be," Randall said.

N

NDNPARENT

:clap: :clap

now it time to get the boys familar with his style of play!

is he bringing in his own ppl or keeping the coaching staff we have and jusre reassigning roles?

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts
Faircloth takes PN-G job

By Tom Halliburton
The Port Arthur News

PORT NECHES -- Brandon Faircloth will be recommended to become Port Neches-Groves next head football coach at a special PNGISD trustees meeting Tuesday night.
Faircloth was offered the opportunity and accepted it Friday from PNGISD schools superintendent Dr. Lani Randall. The innovative Odessa Permian offensive coordinator was expected to attend the board meeting next Tuesday night in West Groves Elementary School at 6 p.m., according to Dr. Randall.
"We had some strong candidates but Brandon was impressive to our interview committee," Dr. Randall said. "We had some great finalists but Brandon's background in Texas high school football at Austin Westlake, Highland Park and Odessa Permian was very impressive. I would say that he's a great fit for PN-G... You're going to like him when you meet him."
Always a strong advocate of academics, the PNGISD schools superintendent indicated that Faircloth's father was a school principal in Brownwood.
"We looked for a candidate with good leadership, a good role model for our students and a keen mind about football."
Faircloth has coached such outstanding athletes as former University of Texas and current Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams while working under head coach Darren Allman on the Panthers coaching staff.
"We're going to miss him," Permian's head coach told sports writer Joel Erickson of the Odessa American newspaper
. "But that's what we want our assistant coaches to be able to do, and it's one of the reasons they come to Permian."
Permian averaged 41.4 points per game during an undefeated, 10-game regular season last year. The Panthers won two playoff games and lost to Allen, 28-22, in the Class 5A Division I area round.
Since joining the Permian coaching staff in 2006, Faircloth has presided over three consecutives seasons in which his quarterback has broken Permian's single-season passing record, a streak that was capped by the 2,682 yards Trevor Adams gained this season. Faircloth also presided over running back Sherard Ray's 2,224-yard rushing season in 2008, the second-best single-season rushing mark in Permian history.
Pending Randall's recommendation to the board, Faircloth would fill the vacancy created when Matt Burnett accepted the reassignment to become the school's outdoor athletic complex coordinator and attendance officer.
The News reported in Thursday's sports section that two prestigious applicants for PN-G's position had withdrawn their names from consideration -- Phil Danaher from Corpus Christi Calallen and Jerry Vance from Liberty Hill.
Another major Southeast Texas head coaching vacancy opened Friday at Jasper. Bulldogs head football coach Thomas Brooks surprisingly announced that he has resigned from the position. Brooks announced his intentions to stay in the Jasper school district as athletic director and director of the alternative education center.

ndnwarrior

pngfan93 said:
Jumping for joy over the decision. Sign me up for a booster membership and a jersey.

Me too, where do I sign! A booster club, WOW! Brand new stadium, new Chief, things are lookin up at the REZ! How do you say "MOJO" in Native American? Man, this is GREAT!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores