Coach Brandon Faircloth

NONS81

squaw said:
PNG Proud said:
I beleive that this man will lieave "Mojo" behind, and create his own legacy at the Rez. OP can have their Mojo...it didn't do them any good when we played them before.
I knew they were gonna lose in 1975--anytime someone comes dressed as Santa Claus in black and white instead of red and white, I knew they were gonna have a problem. Joking, of course! ;)

They jinxed their own mojo with that one!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
Yeah, let's win one on the new field before we rename it! ;D
That's what I want to do. Win a state championship and name it Faircloth Field on the Reservation.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
squaw said:
badndn said:
That's what I want to do. Win a state championship and name it Faircloth Field on the Reservation.

:huh: Give the guy a break. First let him get his feet wet.
I know everyone is excited. I am too, but let's not go overboard.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNGIndianFan06 said:
squaw said:
badndn said:

:huh: Give the guy a break. First let him get his feet wet.
I know everyone is excited. I am too, but let's not go overboard.
Aw, give us a break--we're just having fun. :party: What happens will happen and we will give the Coach all the support we can give. It never hurts to dream. :thumbsup:

badndn

500+ Posts
I read that he wanted the Westlake job, but what I find to be odd (in a good way for PNG) is that he did not even apply for the Brownwood job, his alma matter. The DC and the assistant HC at Permian did apply for that job.

I think he really did have his heart set on this job.

ndnwarrior

badndn said:
I read that he wanted the Westlake job, but what I find to be odd (in a good way for PNG) is that he did not even apply for the Brownwood job, his alma matter. The DC and the assistant HC at Permian did apply for that job.

Are you saying that you feel Faircloth had his heart set on PNG or Westlake?

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Link to full game videos if you want to see what type of offense Faircloth runs.

http://www.cwwesttexas.com/ARCHIVES.html

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

Justafan said:
Link to full game videos if you want to see what type of offense Faircloth runs.

Interesting, and I'm sure that the other district coaches can find this site also. But, it's kind of like watching CNN and all of the experts tell the terrorist the easiest ways to attack America. Let's make them work for the scouting report in the future, think about it, the other district coaches are scrambling right now for information about the new HC.

NONS81

ndnwarrior said:
badndn said:

I think he was saying he had his heart set on PNG.

badndn

500+ Posts
ndnwarrior said:
badndn said:

PNG...I am sure he would have appllied for the Westlake job had he not gotten the PNG job, but the fact that the PNG job is the only one that he applied for says alot to me.

modmouse78

100+ Posts
I watched the odessa vs. permian game, and man, his offense looks good. I like the fact that it is really not a spread. He just uses a lot of formations to confuse the defense. So much for opposing scout teams having an easy week.

bandkid

Staff member
1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
Justafan said:

Interesting, and I'm sure that the other district coaches can find this site also. But, it's kind of like watching CNN and all of the experts tell the terrorist the easiest ways to attack America. Let's make them work for the scouting report in the future, think about it, the other district coaches are scrambling right now for information about the new HC.

Good. Im sure the videos will demoralize them a little. Nice to have an advantage 6 months before football season starts.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
This is what pngndn1 post on another site.

This thing will last good until the good ole boys get restless. Faircloth is bringing Joe Dale Carey as his DC from Aledo. He will also be looking to replace up to 4 other coaches at all levels. Especially at the middle school levels. Word is he wants to bring a WR and QB coach as well. He has full authority from the school board to do so. Might not all happen from year 1 but eventually it will go down. As a few posts read earlier some need to go and others need to be motivated. Everyone must remember Malone came in under the same situation, but only lasted 2 years. The natives were crying from day one, so get ready because as many people that want Faircloth, the good ole boys still want the current staff. I think everyone knows at least one coach and they must all make up there minds to buy into his system. And as we all know at the end of the year not only were we losing, but it has been said publicly by the old staff we just had ZERO talent. So I think a change of heart is needed.

Aledo went 11-1. They lost in the 2nd round to Everman 24-7. They beat Stephenville 24-20

Looks like change is a coming!!!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Sorry, Justafan, you are way off base! We are definitely considered to be "good old boys" and are proud of it, but we respectfully disagree with you. We wanted this change and welcome any changes that makes PNG competitive--probably even more than you do. We've watched every state game since the 1955 win and are so steeped in purple and white that we dream in purple and white! Our children and grandchildren played for PNG. We've definitely paid our dues. We were brought up to know that you must do your job to keep it. We were taught what hard work is and how to succeed. If somone (coaches included) doesn't perform, replace them. If someone doesn't believe in purple, replace them. If someone isn't qualified to coach, replace them. I don't know how old you are, but I assume you are pretty young. Someone needs to teach you that "old" does not translate to "stupid", it translates to "wiser". :eek:ld: That said, please know that I am not angry or mad at you, just want you to reconsider what you are saying. If you love purple, how bad can you be? :cry:

badndn

500+ Posts
Squaw, I think you have misinterpereted the term "Good Ole Boys". It ain't the old folks, it's the folks that are close to Matt and his mainstay staff. There are still a good number of people that are un happy that Matt is no longer our HC. These are the same folks that don't see the program for what it is, but for what it was. Change will be very difficult for those folks.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
Squaw, I think you have misinterpereted the term "Good Ole Boys". It ain't the old folks, it's the folks that are close to Matt and his mainstay staff. There are still a good number of people that are un happy that Matt is no longer our HC. These are the same folks that don't see the program for what it is, but for what it was. Change will be very difficult for those folks.
We are VERY close to the Burnett family and several staff members. I told MB that I am glad he is no longer under this stress. There comes a time when, if things just don't work out, you move on and this is Matt's time. Matt is a deeply devoted Christian and demonstrates those values daily. I expect that Faircloth will also. If I misinterpreted the post, I am sorry. I, for sure, never intended to insult anyone. BTW, if you do the research on this, you will find that its the younger people who have the hardest time with change. Remember the days when we firmly believed "black was black and white was white?" lol

ScalpEm24

Hmmm, I am not so sure on that post either Gumbeaux....but it is a board & you can certainly post what you like, even if it doesn't make a lot of sense. I think Faricloth will adjust just fine. Personally I think its easier to adapt when your younger, your not as set in your ways......imo

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores