Coach Brandon Faircloth

squaw

1,000+ Posts
ndnwarrior said:
From Dave Campbell

Port Neches-Groves, on the other hand, has found its replacement for Matt Burnett -- Odessa Permian OC Brandon Faircloth, who has been a big reason why the Mojo has once again become one of the most feared teams in 5A football. Faircloth has made appearances at some of the best programs in Texas: He played at Brownwood and served on staff at Austin Westlake and Highland Park. Adding PN-G to his resume only enriches that lineage.
AWESOME!

ndnwarrior

From talking to the parents of some of the players, they have a lot of respect for Coach Faircloth and are really excited about his leadership. The players know they are going to have to work hard, but thats what its all about. I feel Coach Faircloth will solidify the program as a whole. I'm very excited about the Indians this year!

PNGWin

:helmet: My son was fired up from the first speech by Coach Faircloth. He has already changed the attitudes of the boys. He told them his offense is very confusing for the other team but it is proven and works. He told the only sport he likes is football then next is spring football.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Faircloth arrives on Reservation ready for work

The Port Arthur News

PORT NECHES -- Port Neches-Groves head football coach Brandon Faircloth has stepped into his first head coaching position this week, communicating immediately with the Indians' coaches and players.

The 31-year-old Brownwood native reported to his somewhat vacant office area in PN-G's fieldhouse and addressed the varsity and junior varsity football players on Monday.

Faircloth continued by speaking to his varsity coaching staff Tuesday morning, as well as talking to the freshman football squad.

The former Odessa Permian offensive coordinator has planned to hold individual meetings in the upcoming days with members of PN-G's varsity coaching staff.

Faircloth was hired unanimously last week at a called meeting of the PN-GISD board of trustees. A former assistant at Permian, Highland Park and Austin Westlake, the new Indians' chief told the Odessa American newspaper that the opportunity to lead PN-G back to prominence was too hard to pass up.

"It's the history of Port Neches-Groves," Faircloth said. "It's a program with high expectations, high academic standards, and a program with a lot of tradition."

Faircloth said he will be in the Golden Triangle by himself for the rest of the current school year. His wife, Emily, is completing her work toward a masters degree in the Odessa-Midland area at the University of Texas-Permian Basin. She will not move to this area until June. — TOM HALLIBURTON

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
With his wife not arriving until June, sounds like he will have plenty of time on his hands to start the program on the right track. And begin his era in PN-G football lore!

Welcome Coach Faircloth!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
With his wife not arriving until June, sounds like he will have plenty of time on his hands to start the program on the right track. And begin his era in PN-G football lore!

Welcome Coach Faircloth!
When can we have a welcoming party??? I'll make Cajun gumbo for it. (and, yes, I make my own roux) lol I have been re-reading Down Trails of Victory by Jon Buck Ford and I'm so pumped!

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:
IndianFan said:

Welcome Coach Faircloth!
When can we have a welcoming party??? I'll make Cajun gumbo for it. (and, yes, I make my own roux) lol I have been re-reading Down Trails of Victory by Jon Buck Ford and I'm so pumped!

Someone needs to send Coach Faircloth a copy. If he hasnt already ordered one.

badndn

500+ Posts
I'd be willing to bet there is a copy in the coaches offices. If not I think it would be a good jesture if Coach Ford sent Coach Faircloth a copy!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I read on another site that Smith, Broussard, Wallace and Welch were let go as of today. Can anyone confirm this?

mdog

If it is true on what you are saying Justafan, I for one will not be renewing my season tickets that I have been religiously purchasing for 30+ years. I believe some of the coaches you mentioned are some of the best that have been at PNG. I have followed the Indians all of my life, but it appears time has come for me to bow out. I have been President of the student body and very proud to let people know for all of these years. Now, if what is being rumored is true, I will never mention it again. If this comes to pass, I hope everyone, but foremost the School Board, can live with the outcome.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I say give Coach Faircloth a chance to bring in some of his coaches ... coaches come and go ... I think an infusion of new ideas and new coaches will be a good thing ... I'm not advocating anyone losing his/her job ... but, maybe the coaches leaving wanted to go? I have no idea one way or the other ... but, let's give Coach Faircloth a chance ... maybe the coaches leaving have plans to go elsewhere? Nothing against the men leaving, but if anyone has followed PN-G for 30+ years, then we all know some of our best assistants have always moved on or been cherry-picked by other programs ... Greg Davis, Bruce Bush, Tim Nunez, Mike Long, etc. No one stays in one spot too long anymore ... the great Terry Cobb-type coaches (30+ years at one school) are a rarity. I wish the men well. Perhaps the rumor is not true??? Hopefully, they can stay ... if not, then wish them well. No reason not to support the Indians. Hopefully, no hard feelings are invovled. It's hard to see people/friends endure change. I still vote to give our new HC Faircloth a fresh start and chance to succeed.

Go Indians. Peace.

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
Smith and Wallace have not been let go, they have been reassigned to the Middle Schools. Welch and Cobb were told there wasn't a job for them. Lefort, Segura and Arnaud have jobs, but Arnaud will have to be recertified to teach something other than PE. They were told that the coaches he's bringing in will be teaching PE.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
I say give Coach Faircloth a chance to bring in some of his coaches ... coaches come and go ... I think an infusion of new ideas and new coaches will be a good thing ... I'm not advocating anyone losing his/her job ... but, maybe the coaches leaving wanted to go? I have no idea one way or the other ... but, let's give Coach Faircloth a chance ... maybe the coaches leaving have plans to go elsewhere? Nothing against the men leaving, but if anyone has followed PN-G for 30+ years, then we all know some of our best assistants have always moved on or been cherry-picked by other programs ... Greg Davis, Bruce Bush, Tim Nunez, Mike Long, etc. No one stays in one spot too long anymore ... the great Terry Cobb-type coaches (30+ years at one school) are a rarity. I wish the men well. Perhaps the rumor is not true??? Hopefully, they can stay ... if not, then wish them well. No reason not to support the Indians. Hopefully, no hard feelings are invovled. It's hard to see people/friends endure change. I still vote to give our new HC Faircloth a fresh start and chance to succeed.

Go Indians. Peace.

Good post.

pngfan1

As 1989NDN said we need to support and give a chance. We knew change was coming. I heard Welch and Broussard may be interviewing at LCM. Coach Faircloth is doing what he thinks he needs to do to build a winner.We need to trust him, if we want to build a major program. Wallace and Smith would bring some much needed quality help to the Middle Schools.

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
mdog said:
If it is true on what you are saying Justafan, I for one will not be renewing my season tickets that I have been religiously purchasing for 30+ years. I believe some of the coaches you mentioned are some of the best that have been at PNG. I have followed the Indians all of my life, but it appears time has come for me to bow out. I have been President of the student body and very proud to let people know for all of these years. Now, if what is being rumored is true, I will never mention it again. If this comes to pass, I hope everyone, but foremost the School Board, can live with the outcome.

Sorry but if this forces you to leave then your not a true fan.

Noone wants anyone to lose their job but these guys know what they're getting into when they sign up. It sucks but its a part of the coaching profession and happens everywhere. Did you expect the man to come in and keep everything as it was? If that was the case then Burnett wouldnt have been reassigned.

If the rumors are true I hope all the released coaches find work very soon.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Former NDNette said:
Smith and Wallace have not been let go, they have been reassigned to the Middle Schools. Welch and Cobb were told there wasn't a job for them. Lefort, Segura and Arnaud have jobs, but Arnaud will have to be recertified to teach something other than PE. They were told that the coaches he's bringing in will be teaching PE.

I do not doubt what you say, but, that is shocking to hear about Coach Cobb ... he was a great coach, teacher, mentor, role model, and friend to everyone at PN-G. There is no better Indian than Terry Cobb. Maybe he wanted to retire, I do not know? I find it hard to believe that a good man like Coach Cobb would not have a job. He molded many great DEs for PN-G ... good track and field coach, good World History teacher, and a good man. Enjoy retirement, Coach Cobb. You've been great for PN-G.

I wish the other men well. Thanks for all you did for PN-G. As for the men re-assigned, be positive and hope things work out well for all involved. I hope Coach Faircloth brings in some good men ... if he finds another Terry Cobb, then he will have done well. Onward and upward.

Go Indians. Peace.

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
I forgot that Broussard was also told that there wasn't a job for him. The middle school coaches will talk to Coach Faircloth tomorrow, I think.

Layingemdown

mdog said:

Lets see......30 years. All I can think of is that you went to Burnetts games during the Dustin Long years, and havent been back since. Because, if you have been back in the last 8-9 years since Long was gone, you would have noticed that we were not WINNING!!!!!!

Look, its plain and simple.....these coaches, yeah they love the kids....yeah, they love the community.....yeah, they are good men and it sucks to lose your job. But, in the end, its about putting butts in the stands by.........................................WINNING. If you cant do that, then you can not have a job in this industry. Now, I am not saying that the previous coaching staff wasnt good, but there is no doubt it had become stale and stagnant. It was time to pour the bowl out and refresh it with some new water.

If you came to the games last year....and prior years, you would have noticed the declining number of fans. Nobody will ask you to come back. You dont want to come, then dont. But, if filling the stands back up by WINNING; Let me say that again......by WINNING requires losing a few back turning POLITICAL fans as yourself , then so be it. That was the major problem with our program; the POLITICALITY of it.....if you will. Not only fans, but kids, players, and students were losing confidence in what was being done.

I have talked with players, and they have explained to me exactly why they were not buying what the coaches were selling. I am not going to thrash people by putting it out on here, because I have too much respect for certain individuals. But, if your players do not believe in what you are doing, and the reason you are doing them, then you will not win, and then the fans....we.......... will not believe in what you are doing.

Do me a favor........look up who was #1 on the depth chart for WR's.

Peace out......Have fun on Friday nights. I will be clapping my hands...to the thumping of the Cherokee.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores