Coach Brandon Faircloth

badndn

500+ Posts
MDog...Are your season tickets on the 50 yard line? I am looking to upgrade! ;D
If Coach Faircloth turns this program around this cat, excuse me dog, will be right there clapping his arse off to Cherokee just like the rest of us.

Folks, if you honestly thought that all these coaches would remain then you don't have a clue how the coaching profession works. Most of these coaches spent 10+ years at the same location. Do you even realize how unusual that is? On the bright side for the coaches that will not return is that there are a lot of local coaching changes this year. More than I can ever remember. They knew this might happen.

As much as I hate to see folks loose their jobs (especially guys like DW who I think was a great O-Line coach), I think Coach Faircloth is doing exactly what any good young first time head coach would do. He is trying to surround himself with coaches that understand what he likes to do and that he can trust. Smart move. From my perspective that is just the first feather in his new head dress!

I got a question? Why hasn't Matt applied for any of the many other HC positions in the area? Does anyone else think that he is going to be on staff at LU next year?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Justafan said:
squaw said:
akifan94 said:
I am not sure anyone needs to be second guessing anything. This is Coach Faircloth's program now and he has the keys to run things how he feels is best for the program. I know it is tough when friends and family are involved, but that is the way the business works. Hopefully all these guys will land on their feet here or somewhere else.
First, one of the reasons I respect Akifan94 is because he succinctly states the obvious. We wanted change and we got it. I, for one, am absolutely behind Coach Faircloth 100%. I admit I was also one who used to "bitch" about PNGISD hiring all the "hometown talent" they could find. I know many of you have heard those remarks, also. I say give the coach the support he needs to field a winning team. This does not mean that some of these coaches aren't wonderful people. It just says that this head coach, Brian Faircloth, is a leader who plans on leading and building a great football program. Frankly, this justifies his hiring. We all now have hope.

Wow Squaw, We finally agree on something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Change has been needed for several years. Everyone needs to support Coach Faircloth.
Kinda scarey, ain't it??? lol

squaw

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
MDog...Are your season tickets on the 50 yard line? I am looking to upgrade! ;D
If Coach Faircloth turns this program around this cat, excuse me dog, will be right there clapping his arse off to Cherokee just like the rest of us.

Folks, if you honestly thought that all these coaches would remain then you don't have a clue how the coaching profession works. Most of these coaches spent 10+ years at the same location. Do you even realize how unusual that is? On the bright side for the coaches that will not return is that there are a lot of local coaching changes this year. More than I can ever remember. They knew this might happen.

As much as I hate to see folks loose their jobs (especially guys like DW who I think was a great O-Line coach), I think Coach Faircloth is doing exactly what any good young first time head coach would do. He is trying to surround himself with coaches that understand what he likes to do and that he can trust. Smart move. From my perspective that is just the first feather in his new head dress!

I got a question? Why hasn't Matt applied for any of the many other HC positions in the area? Does anyone else think that he is going to be on staff at LU next year?
To answer your question----yes.

NONS81

CardiacKids 92 said:
NDNS81 said:
Please say a prayer that they do land on their feet. Hopefully, they are wise enough to never try to come back to their home town and teach or coach.

Wow, you try to post something positive and someone is so angry inside that they have to put a negative spin on it. I will offer up a prayer for you NDNS81 that you find peace!

Thank you and I am sorry. I am just thinking on the other side of the fence, hopefully they can find somewhere close to PN to go to work, but I was just thinking of trying to sell a home in this market and economy. I know I am not making any sudden moves or large purchases at the moment.

And if they do stay living in PN and coaching somewhere else, how do you tell your young son, "Sorry, buddy, but dad doesn't get to coach you in football afterall..."

And yet the ex-head honcho still has a position with the district. One that was created for him.

So yes, I am upset for these families that may have to leave their home towns and pull their kids out of this school district, where they thought they would be for long time. I guess they thought that we would look after our own.

Do I think Brandon Faircloth is going to be a good coach? I think he is enthusiastic and I think he knows how to win and I think we will see a big turnaround in our game plan and win some games.

allstarmom

100+ Posts
First let me say that I haven't heard anything about coaches being let go. It's probably true but I haven't heard. Second, Coach Cobb said is retiring. This has been talked about for several weeks on another thread. We say we want to get a good program started in the middle schools and then we gripe when good coaches are reassigned there?!? Makes no sense to me.

NONS81

allstarmom said:
First let me say that I haven't heard anything about coaches being let go. It's probably true but I haven't heard. Second, Coach Cobb said is retiring. This has been talked about for several weeks on another thread. We say we want to get a good program started in the middle schools and then we gripe when good coaches are reassigned there?!? Makes no sense to me.

If they were just re-assigned, I wouldn't be upset. I don't think that is the case from what I have heard. Check your PM's. And Coach Cobb, although an icon, was probably going to retire - but he says that every year, so being made to do something vs. wanting to do something is two different things, but he will be alright... ;D

Layingemdown

akifan94 said:
I think I could post water is blue on this board and someone would find a reason to complain.

Water is not really blue, it is usually the color of the pool liner. In the ocean, I believe the reflection of the sky has a lot to do with the color of the water......However, water is really not blue at all.

badndn

500+ Posts
Well if it makes you feel any better, I am hearing that Broussard will probably be going to LCM and Welch may also. I would suspect since Broussard was going to have to move out of the DC role he had already been searching and probably made that clear to Coach Faircloth, may have even been the case for Dan as well.

Like I said early this is actually not a bad time for a good assistant coach to be looking for work in the GT. Much better than in years past when there were one maybe two Head Coaching vacancies a year.

Schools making Coaching changes other than PNG:
LCM
PAM
Central
WOS has openings due to OC and others going to LCM
Jasper
Sheppard
Baytown Lee

NONS81

Layingemdown said:
akifan94 said:
I think I could post water is blue on this board and someone would find a reason to complain.

Water is not really blue, it is usually the color of the pool liner. In the ocean, I believe the reflection of the sky has a lot to do with the color of the water......However, water is really not blue at all.

I agree...water is not blue, it is clear... ;D

I'm done with my negativity, I just feel bad for some of them, that's all. On to greener pastures.....

Is grass green or just a reflection? ;D ;D ;D

NONS81

badndn said:
Well if it makes you feel any better, I am hearing that Broussard will probably be going to LCM and Welch may also. I would suspect since Broussard was going to have to move out of the DC role he had already been searching and probably made that clear to Coach Faircloth, may have even been the case for Dan as well.

Like I said early this is actually not a bad time for a good assistant coach to be looking for work in the GT. Much better than in years past when there were one maybe two Head Coaching vacancies a year.

Schools making Coaching changes other than PNG:
LCM
PAM
Central
WOS has openings due to OC and others going to LCM
Jasper
Sheppard
Baytown Lee

Yes, it does make me feel better, thanks for the info.

NONS81

PNG1992 said:
NDNS81 said:
Hopefully, they are wise enough to never try to come back to their home town and teach or coach.

congrats on the 2nd dumbest post on this thread.

Burn me once, burn me twice, no thanks...You know the saying, don't you? Do you understand it?

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
One of the best things about a message board like the one we have here is to be able to read all of the passionate opinions. I too, find myself getting heated up at some of the posts and have to refrain myself from immediately hitting that reply button and making my opinion known. After sipping on a Dr. Pepper, I can sometime look past the inflammatory statement and look at the passion behind the post. That's one thing that I think makes Port Neches-Groves football "special". With that being said, I can tip my hat to the many posts in support for the coaches that may be reassigned or lose their jobs. I'm sure that is one part of the job that Brandon Faircloth is not taking lightly or looking forward to. Unfortunately, in life, things are not always "fair" and the no one is irreplaceable in the work place.

I think it is important that we all also remember the commitment and long lasting impressions that these coaches have made on many of our sons, daughters, cousins, friends & other family members. Their contributions on (and off) the football field will be missed, but never forgotten.

Many times the tough decisions that are being made today with the PN-G football program will only been seen in the future. Community support and involvement is the only way to get us through now.

For the coaches that find themselves with other programs, other jobs and in other areas..... Thank you for your contributions and best of luck in all of your futures!

akifan94

500+ Posts
Layingemdown said:
akifan94 said:

Funny. I think you totally missed the point.

NONS81

IBLEEDPURPLE said:
One of the best things about a message board like the one we have here is to be able to read all of the passionate opinions. I too, find myself getting heated up at some of the posts and have to refrain myself from immediately hitting that reply button and making my opinion known. After sipping on a Dr. Pepper, I can sometime look past the inflammatory statement and look at the passion behind the post. That's one thing that I think makes Port Neches-Groves football "special". With that being said, I can tip my hat to the many posts in support for the coaches that may be reassigned or lose their jobs. I'm sure that is one part of the job that Brandon Faircloth is not taking lightly or looking forward to. Unfortunately, in life, things are not always "fair" and the no one is irreplaceable in the work place.

I think it is important that we all also remember the commitment and long lasting impressions that these coaches have made on many of our sons, daughters, cousins, friends & other family members. Their contributions on (and off) the football field will be missed, but never forgotten.

Many times the tough decisions that are being made today with the PN-G football program will only been seen in the future. Community support and involvement is the only way to get us through now.

For the coaches that find themselves with other programs, other jobs and in other areas..... Thank you for your contributions and best of luck in all of your futures!

Thank you, IBLEEDPURPLE. I guess I should sip my Dr. Pepper and reflect before I make my post. Sarcasm is not something I easily refrain from, it is sort of how I make may point, but sarcasm was probably not needed in this case and more of a possitive statement for the outgoing staff. I do have good thoughts for those coaches who will not be with us in the future of PNG Football and wish them all the best. I do understand the nature of the profession, just don't like it, that's all and thought that maybe some of our existing coaches could have been utilized elsewhere. Good Luck to all involved and may PNG Football prosper in the future.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:

IBP-posts like this make you "special" also.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
IBLEEDPURPLE said:

Thank you, IBLEEDPURPLE. I guess I should sip my Dr. Pepper and reflect before I make my post. Sarcasm is not something I easily refrain from, it is sort of how I make may point, but sarcasm was probably not needed in this case and more of a possitive statement for the outgoing staff. I do have good thoughts for those coaches who will not be with us in the future of PNG Football and wish them all the best. I do understand the nature of the profession, just don't like it, that's all and thought that maybe some of our existing coaches could have been utilized elsewhere. Good Luck to all involved and may PNG Football prosper in the future.
I totally agree!!! Shoot, if I had my way Coach Ethridge, Coach Pachauca (sp?), Coach Cobb and all the other 70's coaches would still be here. I knew all of them and some my family knew on a personal bases. But times, situations and etc.. change. We really do not know what went on behind closed doors and the true and real reason the coaches will no longer be with the PNG program. It could be a decision agreed upon from both sides. We should just put our faith in all these men that for what ever reason, it was for the better. Better for the school, better for the program and of most important, better for the students/athletics. I wish all the coaches involved the best in the future.

NONS81

squaw said:
IBLEEDPURPLE said:

IBP-posts like this make you "special" also.

True squaw, very true. But you know how hot headed I am, the compassion for the families just got the best of me.

badndn

500+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
True squaw, very true. But you know how hot headed I am, the compassion for the families just got the best of me.

That's why most of the guys I know that went into coaching have gotten out. Imagine how hard it is to make a living (and not a very good one) based on what 14-18 year olds do on the field! But they all knew that when they got into it and they all will tell you that as well.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores