Coach Brandon Faircloth

PNGfan

100+ Posts
As of today, it's unknown if Smith and Wallace will have a spot at the middle school level. It's tough and sad since these guys are home grown. I'm torn on it, because these guys coming in may only stay a couple of years and then move on. Then what?

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
If changes have to be made, then so be it. It is true, this past season our program looked stagnant. Coach Faircloth needs to surround himself with coaches that will buy into his system. If the coaches won't do that, then we can't have them coaching our kids. Our coaches have to be on the same page, with the same mentality.

I know all of the PNG coaches love the kids and have a desire to win, but if they can't get on board with Faircloth's system, then they have to go.

Peace.

pnggrad05

Talking about great assistant coaches. I can not think of a better coach, mentor, and teacher that Coach Pachuca. Coach Pachuca retired about a year after I left after coaching in the png school district 30+ years. No one gained more respect of the players than him.

akifan94

500+ Posts
I am not sure anyone needs to be second guessing anything. This is Coach Faircloth's program now and he has the keys to run things how he feels is best for the program. I know it is tough when friends and family are involved, but that is the way the business works. Hopefully all these guys will land on their feet here or somewhere else.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
akifan94 said:
I am not sure anyone needs to be second guessing anything. This is Coach Faircloth's program now and he has the keys to run things how he feels is best for the program. I know it is tough when friends and family are involved, but that is the way the business works. Hopefully all these guys will land on their feet here or somewhere else.
I understand where your coming from, but I would think you change OC and DC first year and give the other guys a chance to buy into your program. If they don't then adios. This tough any way you look at it. It's also sad seeing these coaches walking around depressed because reality is setting in. Hopefully they can find something else. I talked to several of them and thier feelers are already out there and will probably have a job, just not in thier hometown where thier family and kids are at.

akifan94

500+ Posts
PNGfan said:
akifan94 said:
I understand where your coming from, but I would think you change OC and DC first year and give the other guys a chance to buy into your program. If they don't then adios. This tough any way you look at it. It's also sad seeing these coaches walking around depressed because reality is setting in. Hopefully they can find something else. I talked to several of them and thier feelers are already out there and will probably have a job, just not in thier hometown where thier family and kids are at.

I completely understand.

pngfan1

akifan94 said:
Good post. Change is not easy but we have to trust and support. We need to get behind coach Faircloth and give him support. Most wanted the change needed to turn the program around, so we now have to follow all the way through with it. We can't go halfway. A few must decide if we want a winner, or the same ole stuff.

PNGWin

Some of the coaches I spoke with were not happy that MB was moved out. I also heard these coaches talk about the "lack of talent" that we had last year and this is why we were losing. I am greatful Coach Faircloth is bringing in a more positive coaching staff and the talent is there and has been there since 1999. We have under achieved every year since the state run and we need all the change we are seeing. If I were taking on a new job and being successful is the only chance for keeping the job then I would bring in coaches that I knew could help me successful.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Coaching is a chosen proffession that, by nature, moves you from town to town, in alot of cases. That's just the nature of the beast. It's not that we don't like that coach, or appreciate their dedication over the years, but when a new head coach comes in, it's their baby now...as it should be. I support Coach Faircloth 100% and I'm not going to start second guessing ANY moves, at least until we can see what his plans are.

Funny stuff on here. Most everyone screams for change....then we get it, we second guess it......s t r a n g e .

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I'll just echo that many people were unhappy with the current program. Many wanted change. This is change. This is how the program improves. The 2009 Indians will most certainly not look anything near what our most recent teams have looked like. I remember someone asking if we really wanted change shortly before Burnett was reassigned. Real change is what we are seeing.

We have discussed on here many times how hard it is to run a wide open offense. Our previous coaches tried it and failed. Remember how bad we have been in the shotgun? How ingrained is run, run, run in our most recent coaches? Faircloth needs this to work, and does not have time to fail. While many of us realize that he will need time to make everything work, Faircloth realizes that he is in a pressure cooker. Many will unfairly expect him to win immediately. He wants to be here a long time. The best way to achieve that is to do his best to win from the beginning. Teaching a stagnant program how to run a modern offense is not what he needs to be dealing with right now.

Make no bones about it, this is business. When I took my assistant principal job, I had a meeting with the superintendent where he made it clear that I would not be around long if math scores did not improve on my watch. I am not a math teacher. My job was made dependent on, guess what, the performance of (middle school) kids. I had no influence on their home life, etc. I'd like to thing I'm a good guy. I have a daughter to feed and she has all those girly expenses that I incur. If I had not worked and researched and made some changes in the math department to raise those scores, the sup would NOT have said, "Well, your scores suck but we'll let you stay because you have a family and your a good guy." That's not how it works. School is a business too. Football, especially with 7000 home fans five times a year, is certainly no exception. I was coached by some of the very guys we are talking about and I'd trust them with my life. Its just that the football program needed a total overhaul and Faircloth realizes it.

I will not waiver from owning my season tickets just as I never did when our record wasn't so great.

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts
It's nice to hear the concern for the coaches that may be moving around and out of the program. Please don't get down about this. Change is difficult and these are difficult times. One thing to remember is that God has plans for everyone. Don't you think maybe this might have been in his plans all along? Everytime I have had dissapointment in my life I have always been saddened by the circumstances and asked why me... As soon as I turned the situation over to the man upstairs and realized it was not totally in my control, I made peace with the situation. I always end up blessed in the end because I realized it was God's plan and he always gets it right, we may not think so but he does.
I know these coaches going through this change will be blessed! I will be offering up a special prayer tonight for these fine men, anyone else care to do the same?

God Bless...

NONS81

CardiacKids 92 said:
It's nice to hear the concern for the coaches that may be moving around and out of the program. Please don't get down about this. Change is difficult and these are difficult times. One thing to remember is that God has plans for everyone. Don't you think maybe this might have been in his plans all along? Everytime I have had dissapointment in my life I have always been saddened by the circumstances and asked why me... As soon as I turned the situation over to the man upstairs and realized it was not totally in my control, I made peace with the situation. I always end up blessed in the end because I realized it was God's plan and he always gets it right, we may not think so but he does.
I know these coaches going through this change will be blessed! I will be offering up a special prayer tonight for these fine men, anyone else care to do the same?

God Bless...

Please say a prayer that they do land on their feet. Hopefully, they are wise enough to never try to come back to their home town and teach or coach.

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
Please say a prayer that they do land on their feet. Hopefully, they are wise enough to never try to come back to their home town and teach or coach.

Wow, you try to post something positive and someone is so angry inside that they have to put a negative spin on it. I will offer up a prayer for you NDNS81 that you find peace!

Purple Rain

CardiacKids 92 said:
NDNS81 said:

Wow, you try to post something positive and someone is so angry inside that they have to put a negative spin on it. I will offer up a prayer for you NDNS81 that you find peace!
Now that would be a MIRACLE!!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
akifan94 said:
First, one of the reasons I respect Akifan94 is because he succinctly states the obvious. We wanted change and we got it. I, for one, am absolutely behind Coach Faircloth 100%. I admit I was also one who used to "bitch" about PNGISD hiring all the "hometown talent" they could find. I know many of you have heard those remarks, also. I say give the coach the support he needs to field a winning team. This does not mean that some of these coaches aren't wonderful people. It just says that this head coach, Brian Faircloth, is a leader who plans on leading and building a great football program. Frankly, this justifies his hiring. We all now have hope.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
squaw said:
akifan94 said:
First, one of the reasons I respect Akifan94 is because he succinctly states the obvious. We wanted change and we got it. I, for one, am absolutely behind Coach Faircloth 100%. I admit I was also one who used to "bitch" about PNGISD hiring all the "hometown talent" they could find. I know many of you have heard those remarks, also. I say give the coach the support he needs to field a winning team. This does not mean that some of these coaches aren't wonderful people. It just says that this head coach, Brian Faircloth, is a leader who plans on leading and building a great football program. Frankly, this justifies his hiring. We all now have hope.

Wow Squaw, We finally agree on something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Change has been needed for several years. Everyone needs to support Coach Faircloth.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores