Coach Brandon Faircloth

badndn

500+ Posts
This just prooves what a ridiculously horrible sports journalist Tom H is? That part that you highlighted about Faircloth coaching Roy Williams at Permian????? Does Tom do actual research? Faircloth joined the Permian staff in 2006. In 2006 Roy Williams had 1300 receiving yards and 9 TD's...For the DETROIT LIONS!

A good journalist would report that Faircloth coached possible #1 overall draft pick this year in Mathew Stafford while winning a state title at Highland Park in 2005! Also more info below I like.

BIO
Coach Brandon Faircloth is beginning his ninth year in coaching, and his third at Permian High School. Faircloth played football and baseball at Brownwood High School. He attended Sam Houston State University, playing baseball and earning his B.S. degree. He then earned a master's in Sports Management from the University of N. Texas. Faircloth has coached at Highland Park and Austin Westlake, and is a huddle leader for Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

He also held that role at HP!

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts
badndn said:
huddle leader for Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

He also held that role at HP!

Great news! This is one reason I liked playing for Malone, we also prayed together! It brought the team together.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Coach Faircloth is going to have a busy weekend. He's presenting at the Nike Coach of the Year Clinic in Dallas. You know a coach must be a great strategist if his topic is “Game Planning 3rd Down – Offense”. I'm guessing he will do more on third down than chunk the ball downfield with a prayer, or call a short pass behind the first down mark.

2009 Nike Coach of the Year Clinic

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan wrote: You know a coach must be a great strategist if his topic is “Game Planning 3rd Down – Offense”. I'm guessing he will do more on third down than chunk the ball downfield with a prayer, or call a short pass behind the first down mark.

Excellent point, IndianFan ... I'm more than ready to see offensive creativity, spreading the field, and slinging the ball downfield. I'm not knocking MB and his philosophy of student body right and student body left, but, I'm ready to see PN-G join the 21st Century ... spread the field and put kids in open space to make plays. Although, I will miss MB's defense. He could scheme and motivate kids to play very good stingy defense.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/?u=ODESSAPERMIAN&s=football&t=c

Look under Mojo TV shows all the game highlights.

CatFan4Ever

Re: Brandon Faircloth

badndn said:
I expect to see Danahers name on the Westlake app. list! I think he may have been contacted about the job yesterday! Just an opinion. I think this could have been a contributing factor for his quick withdrawl yesterday. I could understand also. He is established and makes good money, so he could gamble on the Westlake job (which is one of the top 5 jobs in the state) because if he doesn't get it he is still in a good place.

Faircloth on the other hand would be a bigger gamble to turn down PNG now to take a shot at the Westlake job.

No No No No - you are wrong - Westlake had nothing to do with it nor is he interested in it. Go back and read the comments your own RWS made in another thread - those are truth - and, after visiting with Danaher and his wife last night - they are going nowhere. Calallen is home for them.

BTW - Faircloth is a great choice - I wish him and the PNG faithfull all the luck in the world

pngfan1

Re: Brandon Faircloth

CatFan4Ever said:
badndn said:
I expect to see Danahers name on the Westlake app. list! I think he may have been contacted about the job yesterday! Just an opinion. I think this could have been a contributing factor for his quick withdrawl yesterday. I could understand also. He is established and makes good money, so he could gamble on the Westlake job (which is one of the top 5 jobs in the state) because if he doesn't get it he is still in a good place.

Faircloth on the other hand would be a bigger gamble to turn down PNG now to take a shot at the Westlake job.

No No No No - you are wrong - Westlake had nothing to do with it nor is he interested in it. Go back and read the comments your own RWS made in another thread - those are truth - and, after visiting with Danaher and his wife last night - they are going nowhere. Calallen is home for them.

BTW - Faircloth is a great choice - I wish him and the PNG faithfull all the luck in the world
Thanks CatFan. I think it worked out best for both sides. I couln't understand why Danaher would have wanted to leave the good thing he built at Calallen.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I beleive that this man will lieave "Mojo" behind, and create his own legacy at the Rez. OP can have their Mojo...it didn't do them any good when we played them before.

pngfan1

PNG Proud said:
I beleive that this man will lieave "Mojo" behind, and create his own legacy at the Rez. OP can have their Mojo...it didn't do them any good when we played them before.
We have our own traditions. No need to copy anyone elses like Nederland did when they started copying Stephenvilles cans after they saw them against us in the 99' state game.

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
pngfan1 said:
PNG Proud said:
We have our own traditions. No need to copy anyone elses like Nederland did when they started copying Stephenvilles cans after they saw them against us in the 99' state game.

+1

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
ndnsrock44 said:
The new booster club needs to get purple and white stickers, hats, shirts etc. that has Mojeaux written on them! 8)

Back in 1975 when PN-G played OP there were signs that said things like Indians Love Mojeaux Gumbeaux ... Indian Mojeaux Beats Permian Mojo, etc.

Indian fans should welcome Coach Faircloth with a big sign that says Bienvenue a Indian Mojeaux!

Geaux Indians. Peace.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
I knew they were gonna lose in 1975--anytime someone comes dressed as Santa Claus in black and white instead of red and white, I knew they were gonna have a problem. Joking, of course! ;)

squaw

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
ndnsrock44 said:
The new booster club needs to get purple and white stickers, hats, shirts etc. that has Mojeaux written on them! 8)
Back in 1975 when PN-G played OP there were signs that said things like Indians Love Mojeaux Gumbeaux ... Indian Mojeaux Beats Permian Mojo, etc.
Indian fans should welcome Coach Faircloth with a big sign that says Bienvenue a Indian Mojeaux!
Geaux Indians. Peace.
Better yet, when we win our next (hopefully soon) state championship, I vote we name the stadium "Faircloth Field at the Reservation".

Indian99

500+ Posts
Wow, ya'll are pretty quick to crown this guy king of PNG...hope he lives up to all the hype. Sounds like a great hire, in my opinion.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores