Coaching Position

indianalways

100+ Posts
squaw said:
indianalways-please let me know where the info about Billy Curl is incorrect. I didn't say double dippin' is bad--wish I could. lol But that is the reason I was told. I only posted what I did to inform everyone so they couldn't make something else out of thse retirements, not to be ugly.

No, no. I was just simply saying that your information is incorrect. I never meant to make what you said sound like a bad thing. I apologize if that is the case. I knew your intent, no hard feelings.

On the subject of Mr. Curl,
I believe he is staying in the area and just retiring. In fact, on the subject of double dipping..I have heard that he will take "sick days" for a while then officially retire in mid September.

bark

1,000+ Posts
1st district game all ex Head Coaches asked to be honered at half - , Watson and Ethridge for sure maybe Malone, Moore, Bum,,Troy, Owen and Burnet?

Moore must be 100 He was pre Bum.

Gone on vacation see ya 1st game

GO INDIANS

Torino

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
squaw said:
Bark, if I jumped to conclusions too fast, I truly apologize. It is probably true that we know you and your family well. I am a little "gun shy" on this website because when I try to tell people facts of what went on, etc., I just get jumped and even was threatened. It got a little scarey for a while. I actually hate politics--I just support those who I know that will support issues close to my heart---educating children. I also am a die-hard Indian fan. At this weeks board meeting, the vote for Coach Cates was 6-0. I think if given a chance, people will find this board will do an excellent job. When Ms. Parker was elected more than 2,000 voted and she received 1500 of those votes. Naturally, those of us who spent years in education are interested in schools and education and should be excellent choices for school board members. Hope you are still living in PN because, of course, I love this community and the people in it and don't want to lose people who can converse and agree/disagree in a civil manner. Again, please accept my apology. (but I still wanna beat the Dogs! lol)

Please don't generalize and criticize everyone here. Or that no one else knows what they're talking about. Because they do.

Your experience on this or any other forum is what you make it.
Can you please explain the guest status your have extended to NDNS81 (now NONS81)? We can no longer link to her old posts and therefore cannot hold her accountable for her past statements and positions when she makes different statements and takes different positions as a school board member.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
WOW! I guess she is afraid that the 5 people that voted for her that read this board may see how much she ran her mouth on this board. Maybe this will be a lesson for her that she is accountable for what she says. Hopefully for people who read this board, the lesson learned is to vote her out next election. She sure is running scared from her previous posts...must be afraid to lose those 5 people who look at this site.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I did vote for Ms.Miller the first time and I plan to do so the next time. She has not, since being elected, made me change my mind. She did vote against the coach in the beginning, but she did change her vote when new information was given to her. If you remember, Coach Faircloth was not at the meeting when they first voted.

Ms. Miller, in my opinion, is education first and athletics second. She is not anti sports, considering all of her kids have been involved in athletics. Actually, I met her at a ballpark.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
ndnsrock44 said:
WOW! I guess she is afraid that the 5 people that voted for her that read this board may see how much she ran her mouth on this board. Maybe this will be a lesson for her that she is accountable for what she says. Hopefully for people who read this board, the lesson learned is to vote her out next election. She sure is running scared from her previous posts...must be afraid to lose those 5 people who look at this site.

Give it a rest 44. We're all tired of hearing you complain. You've made your point....MANY times.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
I agree with you PNGMOM4, she is not anti sports, heck her husband's family represented PNG football by being named to all state honors!

Until you wear the shoes of the board members and know all the information that we as the public do not know about: from the budgets, personnel situations, etc, we should really not attack the the board memebers. I believe Ms. Miller's eyes have been opened up with the information she has availiable to her that was not to the public. Sometimes we learn the errors of our ways when our eyes are opened up.

I have been going to the board meetings for the last 3 years and I have seen more involvment the last 2 yrs from these board members from asking serious questions to make sure that they have all the facts before making a decision. We have to remember that every decison they make there will be someone out there that disagrees, that is the beauty of a free democracy instead of a dictaorship. I am very impressed with this message board due to we are allowed to express our opionions , because we could be like other country where the govererment is controlling what we are able to read or talk about. Thanks to all the mem and women that have fought for our freedom and our FREEDOM TO EXPRESS OUR OPIONIONS!

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Many years ago a mayor of PN told me that the useful life of a councilman was about 5 years. After that length of time you would have voted against a voter preference at least once. He said that people don't always remember when you voted the way they like but they sure would remember when you voted the other way. As attakapandn said - there will always be someone who doesn't like the way a person votes.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
attakapandn said:
I agree with you PNGMOM4, she is not anti sports, heck her husband's family represented PNG football by being named to all state honors!

Until you wear the shoes of the board members and know all the information that we as the public do not know about: from the budgets, personnel situations, etc, we should really not attack the the board memebers. I believe Ms. Miller's eyes have been opened up with the information she has availiable to her that was not to the public. Sometimes we learn the errors of our ways when our eyes are opened up.

I have been going to the board meetings for the last 3 years and I have seen more involvment the last 2 yrs from these board members from asking serious questions to make sure that they have all the facts before making a decision. We have to remember that every decison they make there will be someone out there that disagrees, that is the beauty of a free democracy instead of a dictaorship. I am very impressed with this message board due to we are allowed to express our opionions , because we could be like other country where the govererment is controlling what we are able to read or talk about. Thanks to all the mem and women that have fought for our freedom and our FREEDOM TO EXPRESS OUR OPIONIONS!

Great post.

Oldschool

Proud, you are the only one who has expressed being tired of what anyone says. The fact is MM made a mistake coming to this board and revealing who she is. If that was not the case she would not have asked to have her account deleted. Many people here have brought to light everything she has said. When talking about MM's family it is very possible the reason she was voted in. Most voters do now have knowledge of the candidates policies etc, so people probably based their vote off of her family. MM changed her vote because of the outrage that followed when the vote did not pass.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
attakapandn said:

Before everyone goes patting attakapandn on the back for such a "great" post and smashing 44 for what he said, lets take a look at attakapandn has said. Look at what I have bolded. Attakapandn initially said you shouldn't attack board members, but then follows it up by saying disagreement is the beauty of a democracy. Now, 44 hasn't personally attacked the Board, he has simply disagreed with what the Board has done. There is a difference between a personal attack and critique of a voting decision. It is wrong to interject the idea of a personal attack to skew the fact that someone has a fundamental disagreement with a voting decision.

Now look at the italicized part. We shouldn't praise someone for changing their vote because of the pressure he/she received. In this instance, MM voted against the coaching position without all of the facts. You claim that MM is education first. Lest you forget this coaching position was also to fill a void in the science department with a stipend to also coach. However, the Board didn't wait to get all of the facts. It decided to go ahead and vote. After fallout about this whole thing, the Board members that voted the wrong way backpeddled to try and save face.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Oldschool said:
Proud, you are the only one who has expressed being tired of what anyone says. The fact is MM made a mistake coming to this board and revealing who she is. If that was not the case she would not have asked to have her account deleted. Many people here have brought to light everything she has said. When talking about MM's family it is very possible the reason she was voted in. Most voters do now have knowledge of the candidates policies etc, so people probably based their vote off of her family. MM changed her vote because of the outrage that followed when the vote did not pass.

I fully understand ALL of that. I was merely making the point that some people are beating a dead horse, and continue to say the same things over and over and over and over...like you just did. After a while everyone needs to realize that WE GET IT!...and let it die.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Problem is the horse isn't necessarily 'dead' yet. So it may be necessary to continue some beatings until desired affect is achieved. ;D

The 'horse' being the reasons for concerns about keeping the great coaching staff around for as long as possible, and any other political silliness. I'm not referring to any individuals.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
that would be four people ...................... because she will not get my vote next time . what a cop out , having her account deleted . i hope that no one forgets what was said and how she said it . public officials should be held accountable for their words and actions .

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Yeah Proud...you are right. People are so sick of this that we are on page 11 of this thread. I am not "complaining", merely stating some facts. You want to hear complaining? Let Coach Faircloth leave here prematurely...then you will hear some big time complaining on this board. I don't think being a moderator gives you power to control what I say and don't say on this site.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan said:
Problem is the horse isn't necessarily 'dead' yet. So it may be necessary to continue some beatings until desired affect is achieved. ;D

The 'horse' being the reasons for concerns about keeping the great coaching staff around for as long as possible, and any other political silliness. I'm not referring to any individuals.

The "issue" is not what I was referring to. But merely the fact that several people continue to state the same things about Miller, that has been stated a dozen times. Not saying that they are wrong or right, but merely that we heard those same things many times already. If you guys want to keep going around in circles with the same comments, have at it.

and 44, in no way have I EVER tried to "control what you, (or anyone else), say, or how to say it. I was merely stating the fact that it's all been stated before.

GEEEESSSHHH!

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
hey proud ........ are you a burnett sympathizer ? i am disappointed that you would label 44 as a whiner . i realize that you are a GLOBAL MODERATOR and i stand a chance of you watching my post`s from here on out . maybe you should be more in touch with what is going on here . we have a current trustee that a few years ago made some troubling ( at best ) comments . now you want to say that " we all get it " and just let it go . here is some advice for you .................... why don`t you let it go and let everyone else speak their mind . we are talking about the best coach pngisd has had since ETHRIDGE ! it really upsets me that you would call someone out like that on this message board . if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem . please be a little less judgemental of other people`s post`s . THANKS !! and in closing .................. like 44 said if BF gets away then you will see some whining !!!!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores