Coaching Position

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Well we all know Mr Walters is still upset about his buddy Coach Smith being demoted to the JR High. That is a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!

NONS81

#1sportsmom said:
Ok 6 and some were in 2009. Well I applaud you for trying to help your friend! :thud:
[/quote
Thank you! I am pretty easy to talk to, all you have to do is call or pm me, I know with what has been said, you may not want to disclose your identity.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
justafan.......... that is ashamed that mr. walters is upset about smith being reassigned back to the middle school . i guess that is where his attitude is coming from . he should be happy that his friend was given a choice and not walking papers . but in retrospect with all of the crying that i`ve heard smith ( and wife ) has done maybe he should have sent him down the road . it would have been a lot less headache for BF . i wonder if mr. walters would have voted for the science/coach if it would have been j. smith ?

Oldschool

Jeff Smith should count his blessings that he still has a job in the PNG school district. As far as i know the man has never played a down of football in his life. He was able to get a good stable job because of connections within the coaching staff. He would be hard pressed to find a job elsewhere. He should be kissing BF butt for letting him stick around. He is just straight up not cut to be a high school football coach. all of this is of course my opinion but is close to being solid fact.

indianalways

100+ Posts
squaw said:
the asst. super is retiring because he took another job with a big salary and also still gets 80% of the salary he was making in PNGISD plus the larger salary (in other words, he is double-dipping)

I believe your information is incorrect.

Mrs. Miller,
I think it is apparent by reading the posts on this board that you aren't very well liked. Wouldn't your time be better spent trying to build relationships and LISTEN to the concerns on this board instead of pushing your own agenda and back peddling everything you've ever said on here? No one here believes that you are smarter than the system, and/or can solve all the problems of the school district on your own, so stop acting like it. You were elected by a small percentage of voters in the community because the rest of us (yes I am including myself) were not aware of the seriousness of what was going on. Those of us who thought Burnett's release was a long time coming and the most logical decision for the district were blind to the grumbling and distaste within the community. So you and your buddies Walters and Balsamo got a free pass onto the School Board this time, but I can assure you that your days in the spotlight are numbered. The district has no place for people who only care for themselves and their friends. Burnett and his friends had it easy and they let athletics drop, athletic academic rates drop, and discipline drop. Yet, the old Board let him stay around out of kindness for his son and daughter that were still in school. And they're (the board) the bad people? That train passed through the station when things happened his last year that not much of the general public knows about and he was released. Boo hoo. Life isn't fair...not even in Port Neches. Our community's habit of teaching its young people "that if you don't get what you want..cry long enough and you'll get it eventually" is coming to an end. Anyone on here remember when the maximum number of cheerleaders was increased? Or parents constantly crying every year about their poor, sweet child not making Indianettes? When did it become such a bad thing to lose? Doesn't history teach us that we as humans learn more from losing than we do from winning? The longer we promote such selfishness and lack of commitment to an organization because we didn't get what we wanted..the further and further away we will slide from excellence.

As for academics, I believe R. Verdi said it best:

"Good teachers are those who know how little they know. Bad teachers are those who think they know more than they don't know."

Some of you will figure it out.

NONS81

indiansalways -

The quote that you attached is from squaw, not me (Mrs. Miller).

So are you addressing me or squaw?

By the way, the Board of Trustees does not decide who makes Indianettes or how many.

I also think we need to leave the Burnett's in peace today, they have had a death in their family.

NONS81

Justafan said:
Well we all know Mr Walters is still upset about his buddy Coach Smith being demoted to the JR High. That is a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justafan -

I think people have a right to be upset for their friends, however if Coach wanted Coach Smith back at the HS all he would have to do is make a re-assignment and this would not have to go before the board for approval. And to my knowledge, Coach Smith did not show any interest in this position. Again, all I know is what they put before me for recommendation. I have explained my reason for changing my vote somewhere in this thread...we have some other areas that need some attention - but these should be addressed during budget time.

indianalways

100+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
indiansalways -

The quote that you attached is from squaw, not me (Mrs. Miller).

So are you addressing me or squaw?

By the way, the Board of Trustees does not decide who makes Indianettes or how many.

I also think we need to leave the Burnett's in peace today, they have had a death in their family.

Yes, it was a quote from Squaw. I believe above the quote it says: "Quote from Squaw July 16, 2010." The part where i address you starts with "Mrs. Miller." On the other hand, I never said anything about the School Board making the decision about cheerleaders or Indianettes. What I did say is that our community has a hand in promoting an atmosphere of selfishness. Once again, if you would LISTEN (or read) what was said instead of flapping your jaws it would be easy to understand and swallow the information that was tossed your way. The "Board of Trustees," as you call it, is a medium between the community and the Administration of the School District. The "Board of Trustees" is not an authority figure of any sort but simply the "voice" of the community because the community cannot possibly be involved in every decision that the School District makes. Don't forget the size of your waist.

And RIP Riley.

NONS81

I suggest you make a patron presentation and "voice" your concerns because so far this has never been brought up at any board meeting that I have attended or been a part of. The Board of Trustees, cannot get involved in the day to day operations of the the District, that would be micromanaging.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
In response to the increased sizes of Indianettes and Cheerleaders, it did happen. Every year, it seemed, someone did not make a squad, mom and dad would run to the next school board meeting, and low and behold the squads increased. One example involved Dr. Creel.

I agree that sometimes these kids need to accept defeat.

Indianalways, you may need to address NDN81 a little different on this topic. She was not a board member then. She may be of some help to rectify this problem. It only takes speaking to her, or writing on this forum, and asking her to do so. You may find that she is not as bad as you think.

Torino

500+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
That's between me, Darren and Rusty. Do you really think that we haven't discussed it?

I did not use the word appropriate, I smply fail to see the difference.
NDNS81
Veteran

Re: Guess Who Our New AD/HC is...
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2009, 09:58:15 AM » Quote

"Luckily, I don't care what you think. I did vote in the election and not for anyone that is still on the board. I did my part to try and change things, so the problem still exist, in my opinion. I could care less about who they choose to be the HC/AD as long as he has some snap. However, I DO NOT care for wasteful spending when the end result is inevitable."

Dug up this old quote of yours from January 2009 where you state that you did not vote for Brittain or McCutcheon in 2008. Just want to remind everyone that you opposed them AND opposed keeping the names of the candidates for HC/AD under wraps until a few candidates could make up their minds if they wanted to apply. In the end all went well and the best candidate was selected, but if you'd had your way, who knows?

NONS81

Torino said:
NDNS81 said:
That's between me, Darren and Rusty. Do you really think that we haven't discussed it?

I did not use the word appropriate, I smply fail to see the difference.
NDNS81
Veteran

Re: Guess Who Our New AD/HC is...
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2009, 09:58:15 AM » Quote

"Luckily, I don't care what you think. I did vote in the election and not for anyone that is still on the board. I did my part to try and change things, so the problem still exist, in my opinion. I could care less about who they choose to be the HC/AD as long as he has some snap. However, I DO NOT care for wasteful spending when the end result is inevitable."

Dug up this old quote of yours from January 2009 where you state that you did not vote for Brittain or McCutcheon in 2008. Just want to remind everyone that you opposed them AND opposed keeping the names of the candidates for HC/AD under wraps until a few candidates could make up their minds if they wanted to apply. In the end all went well and the best candidate was selected, but if you'd had your way, who knows?

Rusty's opponenttdropped out of the race and Darren knows why I did not vote for him, agian between us... They have read as much of this as you have... This had to do with wasting money...but yes it did turn out for the best because we have Coach BF and his staff. When I started attending board meetings I realized that the board had their hands full with this bond. And I reached out and contacted Rusty and Darren, ask them. And if you must know what was said, I apologized.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
i remember those remarks and i am sure that Mr. Brittain & Mr. McCutcheon do as well . and just like back then i am astonished with ndns81 and her comments. i know Mr. McCutcheon , he was just a few years behind me in school . really nice guy , honest , and well thought of . i may call him and ask if all of this is really " behind " you guy`s as you have said . no matter what you think or how Mr. Brittain & Mr. McCutcheon perceive you now your words on this message board will be hard to live down . as far as i am concerned they both did PNGISD a huge favor . voter apathy has hurt the former board members who we`re also in on the BIG decision . MB has his place in INDIAN folklore ................... but it was time for change . you resisted that at first and still seem to be on the fence . getting elected to the school board with an agenda is a dangerous move . and one that is made for all the wrong reasons .

bulldawg#1mom

I totally admire the fact the NDNS81 supported MB and that is your right without a doubt. MB did a fine job up until the last few years but it was time for him to move on...this was not a bad thing! Where I think you went wrong is not seeing the big picture. Our program needed a huge change, even Squaw could see that and she and her husband are very close to the family. Sometimes we get wrapped up and can't see the big picture say things we shouldn't say, but as you have recently said you have changed your point of views and have expressed apologizes to Brittian and the others. Telling the board that you are wrong on such huge matters must be commended. I just hope it is not to late to salvage your seat on the board. I may be wrong but these are just my thoughts.

NONS81

ingainerYYZ said:
i remember those remarks and i am sure that Mr. Brittain & Mr. McCutcheon do as well . and just like back then i am astonished with ndns81 and her comments. i know Mr. McCutcheon , he was just a few years behind me in school . really nice guy , honest , and well thought of . i may call him and ask if all of this is really " behind " you guy`s as you have said . no matter what you think or how Mr. Brittain & Mr. McCutcheon perceive you now your words on this message board will be hard to live down . as far as i am concerned they both did PNGISD a huge favor . voter apathy has hurt the former board members who we`re also in on the BIG decision . MB has his place in INDIAN folklore ................... but it was time for change . you resisted that at first and still seem to be on the fence . getting elected to the school board with an agenda is a dangerous move . and one that is made for all the wrong reasons .

I did not say he was "behind me" but we are working on it - small steps. But if you ask him if I apologized, the answer will be yes.

NONS81

#1sportsmom said:
I totally admire the fact the NDNS81 supported MB and that is your right without a doubt. MB did a fine job up until the last few years but it was time for him to move on...this was not a bad thing! Where I think you went wrong is not seeing the big picture. Our program needed a huge change, even Squaw could see that and she and her husband are very close to the family. Sometimes we get wrapped up and can't see the big picture say things we shouldn't say, but as you have recently said you have changed your point of views and have expressed apologizes to Brittian and the others. Telling the board that you are wrong on such huge matters must be commended. I just hope it is not to late to salvage your seat on the board. I may be wrong but these are just my thoughts.

I appreciate your words here, sportsmom, thank you! And I can accept your point of view. The "view" from the podium is much different than the one from the "audience". And "walk a mile", I am... :) So many things I never understood until now.

wannabe

Not so sure I like having a Board Member posting on a public forum, defending their vote much less using other peoples' names. Kind of like an umpire becoming too close with people on a forum. There is just something wrong with that picture. Not good business.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
indianalways-please let me know where the info about Billy Curl is incorrect. I didn't say double dippin' is bad--wish I could. lol But that is the reason I was told. I only posted what I did to inform everyone so they couldn't make something else out of thse retirements, not to be ugly.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores