Coaching Position

bark

1,000+ Posts
Fact, there are 3 members voting as a block and # 4 on the fence - our District has become teacher friendly and against athletic dept. spending, I'm not saying that's bad or good, just a fact.

These next few years will see increased teacher salaries and decreased athletic expenditures. That is what the new members seem to want and remember they were voted in by a MAJORIY of the people who vote (MORE FOOTBALL SEASON TICKET HOLDERS THAN VOTERS)!!!!

1. Head Baseball Coach resigns/reassigned after a fantastic year and his son will be a senior next year.

2. Supt. resigns/retires.

3. Asst. Supt. resigns/retires.

4. 3 + 1 vote against the AD and HS Principal recomendation on an POSTED employment issue. WHY was it even posted for Christ sake if they weren't going to hire anyone?

5. Torino is right Odessa just got their next coach - and a fine young man, it was fun while it lasted

S

StraightArrow

The board had better realize the football program brings in a lots of revenue for the district. You could set anywhere you wanted at the last few games coached by MB. 500 lost season ticket holders amounts to about $25,000 in lost revenue. It would have only got worst. The right decision was made to bring coach BF to the "Reservation". When he goes, I will go, after 51 years. The new board members need to get rid of their "good old boy" complex. Please help keep Darren and Rusty on our board as a check and balance.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
When you see people elected with 400-700 votes in a community of 30,000+, that's frightening.

Voter apathy is a terrible thing. Look what it bought us all in Washington, DC. ???

squaw

1,000+ Posts
One question, Bark! How does a Nederland Bulldog fan claim to know what goes on in PN and Groves? FYI, the super wanted to retire last year and travel and was asked to stay until this school year was up, the asst. super is retiring because he took another job with a big salary and also still gets 80% of the salary he was making in PNGISD plus the larger salary (in other words, he is double-dipping), and Coach got his requested coach position with a large vote from the board. Coach BF told me personally that he plans to be here for a long run! And, yes, we plan to beat Nederland another 20 years in a row. If I were you, I'd ask questions such as "How much money is in Nederland's fund balance". PNG fans may not always agree on issues, but are loyal PNG fans.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
the vote for BF to replace his coach should have been a 7-0 vote , not 5-2 :cowboy: . still can`t figure out why there was 2 dissenting votes . i hear the board is supposed to vote again next week on yet another replacement coach. can`t wait to see how this one goes down . :guns:

bark

1,000+ Posts
good question squaw about how a Nederland person could know anything about PNG.

I had 3 kids go thru PNGISD, lived here all my life as did my parents, inlaws etc.. Me, my dad and Grandfather are in "Trails of Victory" book by Buck Ford. I do know PNGISD politics and PN City politics too.

We (I) can disagree and be civil, others should too. I disagree with you but I still like you and your family, See you at Mass - Father Benny did not sound too good last week - said it was the Cemo.

Proud is right on the money (no pun intended) 200 - 500 people decide city and school elections in PNG. PNG has WAY more voting teachers than that. 4 Board Members are/were in the teaching field at PNG or their spouse are,

Power has swung to the teachers.

GO INDIANS

Remember, we are here to educate first

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Bark, if I jumped to conclusions too fast, I truly apologize. It is probably true that we know you and your family well. I am a little "gun shy" on this website because when I try to tell people facts of what went on, etc., I just get jumped and even was threatened. It got a little scarey for a while. I actually hate politics--I just support those who I know that will support issues close to my heart---educating children. I also am a die-hard Indian fan. At this weeks board meeting, the vote for Coach Cates was 6-0. I think if given a chance, people will find this board will do an excellent job. When Ms. Parker was elected more than 2,000 voted and she received 1500 of those votes. Naturally, those of us who spent years in education are interested in schools and education and should be excellent choices for school board members. Hope you are still living in PN because, of course, I love this community and the people in it and don't want to lose people who can converse and agree/disagree in a civil manner. Again, please accept my apology. (but I still wanna beat the Dogs! lol)

bulldawg#1mom

Threatend!!! who threatened you Squaw? Anybody out there see a post on threatening Squaw? lol!! Bark when you see Squaw at church pray for her so that she may learn how to tell the truth and converse in a civil manor!! Better yet when I see her at church I will light a candle!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
#1sportsmom said:
Threatend!!! who threatened you Squaw? Anybody out there see a post on threatening Squaw? lol!! Bark when you see Squaw at church pray for her so that she may learn how to tell the truth and converse in a civil manor!! Better yet when I see her at church I will light a candle!!
Well, it's quite obvious that you were never educated! Manor????? I feel sure you meant to write "manner". You know who I am so why don't you quit hiding behind a user name and tell us who you are or are you afraid of what we already know about you? Do you still need proof that I go to most board meetings? I'm not afraid of you. I will not respond to your posts again.

bulldawg#1mom

Yes I know Squaw all of us who make errors are uneducated...you on the other hand are the most educated woman that ever lived. Is this the best you can do and who is hiding? By the way Squaw how does the PNG Queen from Vidor know about Nederland's budget. Just curious since you jumped down poor bark's throat!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
squaw said:
Bark, if I jumped to conclusions too fast, I truly apologize. It is probably true that we know you and your family well. I am a little "gun shy" on this website because when I try to tell people facts of what went on, etc., I just get jumped and even was threatened. It got a little scarey for a while. I actually hate politics--I just support those who I know that will support issues close to my heart---educating children. I also am a die-hard Indian fan. At this weeks board meeting, the vote for Coach Cates was 6-0. I think if given a chance, people will find this board will do an excellent job. When Ms. Parker was elected more than 2,000 voted and she received 1500 of those votes. Naturally, those of us who spent years in education are interested in schools and education and should be excellent choices for school board members. Hope you are still living in PN because, of course, I love this community and the people in it and don't want to lose people who can converse and agree/disagree in a civil manner. Again, please accept my apology. (but I still wanna beat the Dogs! lol)

Please don't generalize and criticize everyone here. Or that no one else knows what they're talking about. Because they do.

Your experience on this or any other forum is what you make it.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
in my four years of looking at this message board ( only had an account for a few weeks ) i`ve yet to see anyone threaten SQUAW . however , on the other hand ............... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: and from what i am told she does not make school board meetings . :nono: :nono: :nono:

Torino

500+ Posts
squaw said:

Some day you'll probably make a truthful or otherwise not self-serving statement on this message board. Actually, according to the PA News, in 2009 for TRUSTEE, PLACE 2
1670 people voted. 1124 voted for your buddy Parker, not over 1,500 as you claimed.

bulldawg#1mom

ingaineryyz you are correct no one cares enough to threaten the woman or hack her accounts and as far as the meetings she may be attending them now since she got called out. If you have read the posts throughout the years you will see that Sqauw DOES have SOME good information and good opinons BUT Squaw has a problem with bashing and over compensating the facts to fit her needs as well as how she acquires that information and when someone calls her out she plays the poor pitiful sympathy card. :cry: As you can see I don't have to work hard presenting my case she does that all on her own. ;D

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
it worries me to see SQUAW throwing around Mrs. Parker`s name. i was starting to warm up to the fact that Mrs. Parker is a trustee , and seems to be doing a decent job. but , if she and SQUAW are buddies that could spell trouble. :thumbsdown: if you read this board one can logically put together SQUAW and Mrs. Miller . i would hate to think that other trustee`s are connected or listen to SQUAW. :crazy: ............torino that was great on the fact finding !!!!!

bulldawg#1mom

Squaw likes to think that she is all that and then some when it comes to PN. The truth is that the community, family and friends tolerate her because of her husband. Her husband is a well respected and honest member of this community that works very hard to better PN with pride and selflessness. He has served on the city council for years. Unlike his wife he DOES NOT stretch the facts to fit his needs. Oh yes, :zzz: Squaw likes to think that she is the one running the show but the only thing she is running is her mouth. I find the fact that Squaw ACCUSED respected members, of this message board of threatening her, outrageous. I believe that if anyone was threatening her or anyone else on the board that adman would put a stop to it real fast! Did I have any mispelled words ;D

NONS81

#1sportsmom said:
Squaw likes to think that she is all that and then some when it comes to PN. The truth is that the community, family and friends tolerate her because of her husband. Her husband is a well respected and honest member of this community that works very hard to better PN with pride and selflessness. He has served on the city council for years. Unlike his wife he DOES NOT stretch the facts to fit his needs. Oh yes, :zzz: Squaw likes to think that she is the one running the show but the only thing she is running is her mouth. I find the fact that Squaw ACCUSED respected members, of this message board of threatening her, outrageous. I believe that if anyone was threatening her or anyone else on the board that adman would put a stop to it real fast! Did I have any mispelled words ;D

I just want to point out that Squaw did not say she was threatened by anyone on this board. However, after the Police and AT & T complete their investigation, she will know who made the phone call. Whomever it is should maybe watch for a visit from the Police.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores