Coaching Position

bulldawg#1mom

squaw said:
How funny some of our new posters are!!!! ::)Come on, YYZ, I don't own anyone, especially not any board members. You need to get a life! If you really read my past posts and you can comprehend, you would clearly see that what I posted then was the truth and what I post now is the truth. People were deceived about district funds. How can any board make informed decisions when the info they are given is inaccurate? Is that what you want? Inaccurate decisions and no accountability? FYI, I am not related to anyone on the board and I DO attend board meetings. Not all, but the ones covering budget and teacher issues I always try to make. If anyone tells you different, they are liars. Everyone is trying to get along together and I suggest that you try, also.

Wow Squaw, still claiming you attend board meetings, the ones covering budget and teacher issues... :huh:. And we a liars...ha ha ha. If you are the type that distorts the truth by making false claims does this mean we need to worry about your husband doing the same...he is a city councilman isn't he? Because we ALL know who you are maybe we should investigate on exactly how many meetings you attended in the past 6 to 12 months...I may just start doing that myself...Will post the facts soon!! You got your information by phone calls made to you while in your home not information you obtained by actually get off you big tush and making an effort to attend the meetings...that is until recently when you had a loooooonnnnnggg wlak and talk with Brittain...(which was a joke)!!

OldEagle

500+ Posts
squaw, I have a question that maybe you can answer. You have stated before that you attend some of the school board meetings when you can and the one that you have not attended you read the minutes. I am curious about how you can read the minutes in a timely faction as the minutes don't appear on the PNGISG web site for several months after the meetings are held. Or do you know about a different place to read these minutes. I have asked on this site about where the minutes are listed and the only place mentioned so for has been the PNGISD web site.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Old Eagle, I appreciate you asking questions. The minutes are found under the heading Agenda Packet. The minutes are not posted until they have been approved by the board and voted on which usually takes until the following month. I haven't had to read the minutes lately because I've been to the board meetings and, if I do have a question, I call people on the board and ask them. This is all public, open records information and any of the members have always been willing and happy to explain what the issue is and how it was resolved. BTW, my husband has nothing to do with what I do. He is an excellent community and council member and doesn't need to be slandered. (I know it wasn't you--this is just FYI). I do not lie--ask board members if I was seen at the board meetings--not all, but many. Hasn't the info I posted about inaccurate info given to the board proven to be factual? Look at CherokeeBorn's posting. I am careful to post only the truth. I wish some of the others did the same.

Torino

500+ Posts
#1sportsmom said:
squaw said:
How funny some of our new posters are!!!! ::)Come on, YYZ, I don't own anyone, especially not any board members. You need to get a life! If you really read my past posts and you can comprehend, you would clearly see that what I posted then was the truth and what I post now is the truth. People were deceived about district funds. How can any board make informed decisions when the info they are given is inaccurate? Is that what you want? Inaccurate decisions and no accountability? FYI, I am not related to anyone on the board and I DO attend board meetings. Not all, but the ones covering budget and teacher issues I always try to make. If anyone tells you different, they are liars. Everyone is trying to get along together and I suggest that you try, also.

Wow Squaw, still claiming you attend board meetings, the ones covering budget and teacher issues... :huh:. And we a liars...ha ha ha. If you are the type that distorts the truth by making false claims does this mean we need to worry about your husband doing the same...he is a city councilman isn't he? Because we ALL know who you are maybe we should investigate on exactly how many meetings you attended in the past 6 to 12 months...I may just start doing that myself...Will post the facts soon!! You got your information by phone calls made to you while in your home not information you obtained by actually get off you big tush and making an effort to attend the meetings...that is until recently when you had a loooooonnnnnggg wlak and talk with Brittain...(which was a joke)!!
You are correct, SportsMom. Squaw bleats on and on about minor issues like new seats for the baseball field, but is that a way of diverting attention from legitimate concerns about the PN City Council?
Today's Beaumont Enterprise contains a story about plans to improve Port Arthur. The story also mentions the proposed Port Neches riverfront project. Apparently, in 2000 the City of Port Neches spent $6.1 million on 53 acres of riverfront property ($115,000 per acre) for possible development. There’s no telling how much has been spent on cleanup and maintenance of the property as well as consultant fees etc. and yet nothing has happened.
That money could have been used to improve our parks, provide better public safety at night, and attract businesses and clean industry to the community.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
And all of this has WHAT to do with "New Coach", as this thread is supposed to be about???????

Indian99

500+ Posts
This messageboard is getting wayyyyyy to political. I miss the good ol' days, when we actually talked about sports. Remember that? ;D

PurpleNDN

OldEagle said:
I believe that Brian Cates is going to coach at PNMS but not as the HC.

This really blows me away!!!!!!! First that he would want a job at PNG ( He has bad mouthed our district for years) and second that they would hire him. I guess when your friends with the principal at the school (PNMS) it helps.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Indian99 said:
This messageboard is getting wayyyyyy to political. I miss the good ol' days, when we actually talked about sports. Remember that? ;D

The only reason for any of this discussion has been to support the coaching staff. If that isn't about sports I don't know what is.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Indian99 said:
There are plenty of threads on this board..feel free to jump in. I know you are smart enough to figure out what is going on.

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
PurpleNDN said:
OldEagle said:
I believe that Brian Cates is going to coach at PNMS but not as the HC.

This really blows me away!!!!!!! First that he would want a job at PNG ( He has bad mouthed our district for years) and second that they would hire him. I guess when your friends with the principal at the school (PNMS) it helps.

Some of you folks need to quit questioning why and just accept that he's here now and will do a fine job. Brian is a great guy that cares about the kids. He was good enough for Coach Faircloth to hire and that should be plenty good enough for us.

He has his reasons for wanting to make the move here, lets just leave it at that.

Indian99

500+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
Indian99 said:
There are plenty of threads on this board..feel free to jump in. I know you are smart enough to figure out what is going on.

Easy fellas, just poking a little fun.

BTW, Cates is a really good guy and it is evident that he cares about the kids he coaches, it's about time he passed over to the good guys side.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
purplendn is correct ................... this new coach @ pnms has bad mouthed pn-g for years ! he even threw a little mud around when MB was reassigned & has made wisecracks about BF and how he has handled his affairs since arriving. now he is wearing PURPLE !!!! there is something rotten in denmark . :crazy: ??????

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Even though one might coach for an opposing team, one can still either choose to act either like a Lane Kiffin or a Nick Saban. However, I know no details about this particular situation.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
People can change and see the light! But as PNG1992 said earlier, the new coach at PNMS has his reasons for switching and people shouldn't criticize him if they don't know all facts (which it seems hardly anyone on this web site knows - LOL).

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores