Coaching Position

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
This is ridiculous and I AM tired of reading the same thing over and over. I asked a question several pages ago and it was on topic. Still haven't gotten an answer.

Oldschool

The last quesiton i saw posted from you was how Cates was an upgrade. This is a question i cannot answer because i do not know much about cates. bring the question to light again and perhaps you will receive your question.

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
I wasn't asking it of you. It was intended for the person who made the statement originally. I was just wondering why he/she felt that way. I haven't heard any complaints about the staff at PNMS vs what I'd heard about GMS.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
ingainerYYZ said:
hey proud ........#1 are you a burnett sympathizer ? #2 i am disappointed that you would label 44 as a whiner . #3 i realize that you are a GLOBAL MODERATOR and i stand a chance of you watching my post`s from here on out . #4 maybe you should be more in touch with what is going on here . we have a current trustee that a few years ago made some troubling ( at best ) comments . now you want to say that " we all get it " and just let it go . here is some advice for you .................... why don`t you let it go and let everyone else speak their mind .#5 we are talking about the best coach pngisd has had since ETHRIDGE ! it really upsets me that you would call someone out like that on this message board . if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem . please be a little less judgemental of other people`s post`s . THANKS !! and in closing .................. like 44 said #6 if BF gets away then you will see some whining !!!!!!

Answers: #1 Uh, No. You obviously know absolutely nothing about me.
#2 Show me where I did that. Stop putting words in my mouth.
#3 I watch everybody's posts. Don't think you're so special.
#4 I am extremely in touch with what's going on, which is why I
am so concerned.
#5 I agree 100%. No question about it. I'm excited that he's here, and hope
he stays for decades!
#6 AMEN!!!

I'll say this one more thing, then I'll let you guys play. In no way was I trying to curtail the valid conversation about the school district and/or it's board members. I don't attend meetings, but I learn a lot about what goes on through this very board. And if something/someone does something against what I think is not in line with the way I believe, then I try to vote them out in future elections. My "calling out" as you put it, of 44 was not to get him to quit posting his opinion, but merely to try to get him to move on to a subject that hadn't been pounded into the ground. And by that, I mean the fact that Mrs. Miller voted one way, then changed her vote. That FACT has been posted no less than a dozen times on this board, I'm sure. And THAT'S what I meant when I said "We get it" I was just getting tired of the same few bringing that fact to light...yet again. It's nothing against 44 (or you either, for that matter), I was just hoping to see the conversation move on to something besides that extremely exciting fact. If you think for 1 second that I wish Burnett was still the coach, then you could never be more wrong in your entire life. If you're so good at digging up past posts, go look up my history. My son is now in Faircloth's system and he, and I, could never be more excited about it. So, before you assume that you know anything about me, I would appreciate it if you might get some clarity on what I'm saying (or trying to say) before you "Call Me Out"!

Now you guys can have at it. I'm taking a T.O.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
Give it a rest 44. We're all tired of hearing you complain. You've made your point....MANY times.

this is what i meant by " whining " and supposedly putting words in your mouth . when you say " we`re all tired " you are speaking for a crowd . i just can`t believe that you would call someone out like that on this board . i have watched your post for years and quite frequently agreed with your thoughts . i always thought that all opinions would be heard here . ndns81 was always allowed to speak ....... did you ever tell her that you we`re ( everyone ) was tired of listening to her ? just sayin ...............

NDN79

500+ Posts
In regards to what Proud said to 44---IMHO I don't see how you consider that being "called out".He didn't question 44"s validity, just said that the same statements are being repeated over and over.I think anyone that follows this board knows that 44 and Proud have a mutual respect for the content of their posts. Just saying

In regards to the PNMS coaching position, it was my understanding that someone accepted the job--then a week or so later resigned / or declined and took a job at Ned. high school. Don't know any names and not saying this was Mr. Cates--does anyone have any solid info. on this?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I will be glad when 2-a-days actually start and we can start discussing something other than school board politics (I'm not being critical of those that like to discuss school board politics) ... I'm ready to read and chat about the 2-deep roster, reading more about QB Doty's command of the offense, reading more about the back-up QB and his development for 2010 and 2011, which WRs will step-up, reading the posts from those who get to attend practices, discussing the depth being developed in the OL, discussing the different wrinkles in the offensive schemes, reading more about the DL rotations (I've heard our DL could be the best we've seen in years), reading about another shot at going 10-0 at the varsity and JV levels, etc.

I'm one of those that believes if Coach Faircloth goes 12-2, 13-1, or something similar and we have a deep playoff run where the crowds swell up to around 25,000 to 30,000 for a quarterfinal or semifinal game, then he will be able to write his own ticket with the PN-GISD regardless of what the Board of Trustess or old regime says ... winning cures all ... winning big at PN-G will make him the King of Mid-County. Here's to an exciting 2010 season. Where can we e-mail the PN-G janitorial/custodial crews to tell them to clear out some more space and polish up room in the PN-G trophy case for another district championship and some playoff victories? :)

Go Indians ... Peace.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
I'm with you 1989NDN, I am ready to see who going to replace Harmon as the main running back! Who has the hands for catching the ball, and how another year of development of Doty has made him! I believe we have most of our D coming back and with the addition of the underdefeated JV squad from last year be interesting to see who takes over Dunbar superb D. Still get excited thinking of the Central game and the xpt was block and he ran it back to tie the game! Could not have written a better story. The kids are excited to play for BF! Our goal should as fans should show the state of Texas that we love our football and break our own attendance record when we reach the State Finals. And i can see Jerryworld painted in PURPLE AND WHITE !

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
I am also looking forward to focusing on football season. There are several posts that are football only that have been started that have little participation...such as 2010 offense/defense thread. Lets get those going! Until the last couple of months I have never been involved with any politics on this site. I have been a member for many years as ndnsrock44...this includes re-signing up a couple of times due to website crashes. Most of my posts have been football related with some others on other sports....NEVER POLITICS. I have gotten involved in some school board politics since I have been made aware of what has been going on in regards to the mistreatment of Coach Faircloth, his staff and unbelievably, some of their family members. I have wished this subject would go away as more light has been shed on it. Unfortunately certain people on this site feel the need to keep it stirred up by getting on here to defend Balsamo, Miller and Walters. I will not stand by idly and allow Mrs. Miller to try to twist and backpeddle her way out of statements she has made. I will also not stand by and let people post on here that all of this is rumor/he said, she said/ and "well they are just being fiscally responsible" garbage in regards to voting down a coaching position that needed to filled, in addition to a science teacher position. These votes were politically motivated...period. I have shown a lot of restraint in my posts. There are some things that have gone on that have not been brought to light. Everyone needs to be aware of this and do everything possible to keep Coach Faircloth here for a long time. If some consider that beating a dead horse, so be it.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
i agree it is time for FOOTBALL and i even mentioned that in an earlier post on this thread ( pg 9 ). i would prefer to discuss who the INDIANS are beating & who we will play next than politics any day of the week and twice on sunday . i must admit that at times it does feel like we are whipping a dead horse . but , without failure it seems that when a thread is winding down someone will post a rebuttal with the fiscally responsible , rumor mill excuses , etc....... and from what i have been told these decisions are politically motivated .......... PERIOD . 44 was right by saying there are still situations that have not been brought to light . IMHO some people around town have yet to accept that this could be a serious situation if a " few more ingredients are added to the pot " so to speak . if BF wins , and i think he will , this in itself will cure a lot of the problem . the intent , i think , is to give him a little time to implement his vision without the pressure of having to win to keep his job . after his first year , which he had a probationary contract , one of the new trustees was overheard telling someone that the district did not need to sign him to a long term deal due to the possibility of having a bad season ..... afterwhich he would need to be let go . the board of trustees has since found out that they could not ( legally ) give BF a long term deal . however , this is yet another example of what happens when politics get involved .

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores