David Satcher is our man!!!!

modmouse78

100+ Posts
well, i saw you at the scrimmage at memorial. you just did not recognize me. And before that, it was before a playoff game at outback in houston.

Redbone1

modmouse78 said:
well, i saw you at the scrimmage at memorial. you just did not recognize me. And before that, it was before a playoff game at outback in houston.

I remember now. It had been a long time. I guess I'm getting old and can't remember like I use to. How is your mama and daddy doing these days and where is your brother at. I've often wonder what every happen to yall and what you were doing. I guess the last I remember about yall you were still living on Main in the Groves. I saw your dad a couple of times but I haven't see your mom since I moved out of the Groves.

modmouse78

100+ Posts
They are doing good. Today was mom's birthday. My little brother is living with my and my family. He had been staying up at the lake with mom and dad. we talk to cherokee all the time.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
I looked up Satcher on Clear Lakes booster club site. impressive to say the least. Is he for sure interested to leave Clear Lake and move his family to PN? I would for sure put him in the group of final interviews.

Redbone1

modmouse78 said:
They are doing good. Today was mom's birthday. My little brother is living with my and my family. He had been staying up at the lake with mom and dad. we talk to cherokee all the time.

Tell them I said hello. I'm retired now after 40 years and living, in all places Lumberton. I couldn't find a house in Indian country that both me and my wife liked.
But, I still a Indian and always will be. Later. I'm going to bed now.

C

coonass322

I still think some successfull names will come from powerhouse program OC/DC's...Just think ALLEN stomped on Euless Trinity who was ranked #1 in the nation this past week....Allen/Plano's/Katy school etc....Many of these programs have top notch guys ready to roll out for the right job....

Interesting to say the least who's name will pop up...I expect 1 big one!!!

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
I wonder if Dougald McDougald (current Kingwood High School head coach) will be interested in the position at PN-G? If my memory serves me correctly, he was raised in Port Neches. Didn't he play for PNG in the glory 70's?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
19cherokee90 said:
hey is saying that modmouse isnt who we think it is....

ok mdog...out off all these names being thrown around who sounds best to you and why?? I always have an open mind.

I know you guys think Im just biased and stuck on Satcher...but honestly I think he has an outstanding resume when compaired to the other names..his college coaching experience...his defensive resume....his offensive style...i have a pretty good idea there would be certain coaches he would keep around...just makes sense to me. regardless of who he is.

lets recap

Defensive Coordinator for Clear Lake and leads them to 15th ranked 5A defense in the state on a sub-par talent year
Runs a college level 4-2-5 like LSU...attack defense at its finest
Spreads an offense out and lights up a scoreboard
Last two times he was Lineman Coach his QB and Running back won district MVP..in a very tough district I might add
has experience coaching at a couple of colleges with succesful programs.

Call me crazy but that sounds impressive to me...more so then a couple of coaches who have impressive records coaching at 2A schools and someone who has had a couple succesful years hit and miss but had some really good talent to work with.

I dont know...maybe ya'll know something I dont know...or some big secret handshake or something...but records and resumes speak louder than anything else.

I dont know maybe I am biased???

I'm starting to think that "90" is Satcher's employment agent and he's going to get a cut of the revenues if he's hired. Geeesh!

Redbone1

I bet you a penny to a nickle that both Euless Trinity and Kingwood high school coaches and the other schools that was named make way more then PNG can pay. All have a great program where they are at and I just can't see any of them leaving to come to PNG. That's almost like PNG's or Nederland's coach leaving to go coach down in Sabine Pass. Not that there is anything wrong with PNG, it's would be a step down in paid and having to start all over again. Now maybe someone from a 3a or 2a school would just love the chance to, not only step up but, get a nice raise doing it. I think we all will be surprised on who gets the job. I just hope and pray it's someone who can bring something to the table and just not someone that's a good old boys that they like. One thing about it.........time will tell.

19cherokee90

atleast I have the gall to voice my opinion...by the way I havent seen you say who you are hoping comes in??

man i never would have thought i'd catch so much flack for supporting a former indian and a coach with a resume like satchers..

there are ALOT of people around town that support him also..and i mean ALOT..I guess their all his secret agents too??

My opinion is Defense wins championships..if you ask any knowledgable football person they will tell you the same. Regardless of who I know... David Satcher is a proven defensive standout and whether I knew him from a hole in the wall..i would look at all the stats of all the hopeful coaches and the defensive accomplishments would stand out in the front of the line.

if your stating it's somehow strange that I would support satcher there is probably about half the population of port neches and groves readin these boards with my same views and with the same support for satch. Heck...Ive even seen people from beaumont and wo-s stating the same views. As a matter of fact the first time I saw Satchers name thrown into the mix it actually came from a guy from beaumont if Im not mistaken.

Bottom line...Im just showing my support for a guy who obviously should be concidered and at the same time showing support for a friend...

thats a bad habit of mine...supporting my friends...forgive me.

19cherokee90

LaRedbone said:
I bet you a penny to a nickle that both Euless Trinity and Kingwood high school coaches and the other schools that was named make way more then PNG can pay. All have a great program where they are at and I just can't see any of them leaving to come to PNG. That's almost like PNG's or Nederland's coach leaving to go coach down in Sabine Pass. Not that there is anything wrong with PNG, it's would be a step down in paid and having to start all over again. Now maybe someone from a 3a or 2a school would just love the chance to, not only step up but, get a nice raise doing it. I think we all will be surprised on who gets the job. I just hope and pray it's someone who can bring something to the table and just not someone that's a good old boys that they like. One thing about it.........time will tell.

Your right...im thinking no matter who gets it..we have the opportunity to get a good one...there are really alot of good ones out there and really there isnt a person that has been named that i'd be upset with having as our coach...should be really interesting to say the least

C

coonass322

I think (Satch) is a good coach but dont think he will be the new coach....

The other comments about coaches not leaving bigger schools and coming to PNG would only be true if you were talking about the head coach...My comments have been directed toward those coaches who have proven OC/DC records with proven programs...Those are the coaches I think could take this opportunity and run with it..(no pun intended).....

I do not believe that programs that just happen to win and go 3 or 4 rounds once every 15-20 years would be proven..Talent does come around every now and then...

Who can prooduce during the talented years is one thing but those who can produce when there is a lack of talent are the "exceptions"......Thats what is needed....

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores