Defense

NDN79

500+ Posts
How about we put this Burnette coaching talk to REST!! Let's talk about the current team and the way that they play! The other stuff is ancient history! I say we keep it current and discuss our 2011 INDIANS! We have some improvements to make--but that is what the pre-season is for. This coaching staff has proved already that they can make the necessary adjustments to keep the Indians winning and make a play-off run. There is no other team in the area who plays games that are exciting as ours---and we NEVER had that level of excitement before!! GO INDIANS!!

bark

1,000+ Posts
NDN79 said:
How about we put this Burnette coaching talk to REST!! Let's talk about the current team and the way that they play! The other stuff is ancient history! I say we keep it current and discuss our 2011 INDIANS! We have some improvements to make--but that is what the pre-season is for. This coaching staff has proved already that they can make the necessary adjustments to keep the Indians winning and make a play-off run. There is no other team in the area who plays games that are exciting as ours---and we NEVER had that level of excitement before!! GO INDIANS!!

I think the 74-77 group was pretty exciting!! Can't argue with 4 years deep in the playoffs, 1 state title and SEVERAL attendence records!! Can't take anything away from this group - but those were some damn good days

hookem14

100+ Posts
I agree with Bark on this one. To say we have NEVER had this kind of excitement is a pretty bold statement. I can think of more than a few very exciting times!!!

NDN79

500+ Posts
I would never take anything away from the group in the 74 to 77 years. Those were definitely exciting times. My comments were made in reference to the Burnette time frame--more recent. The Indians in the Faircloth era definitely keep it exciting with the wide-open scoring and the style of play!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Agree with NDN79...the 2011 PN-G Indians may have some growing pains in August and September, but they will make adjustments, get it together for district, and prepare to make a playoff run. It's nice to win them all, but that rarely happens...it's critical to win in late September, throughout October, and roll into November with a win streak. A win or a loss in August or early September is long forgotten when you are winning in November and December. The 2011 defense will make plays...it starts tomorrow night with getting as many purple hats on the ball carrier as possible...hit, wrap up, and have a bunch of Indians taking that opponent to the ground.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Aledo who was the #1 ranked team with one of the best running backs in Texas history also lost a game this year. It happens.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores