Defensive Coordinator

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
Where is the other DC hire going now? I watched his team's defense for L-E (thankgoodness for their YouTube channel up there) I wanna say his last year there as HC (the year they played La Vega up in TK): had all the talent, but they were atrocious. It was 2019, the year they went 0-10, if I remember correctly that defense with all them good athletes gave up over 40ppg.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know and don't see any point in speculating. Coaching a bunch of kids and being judged by wins and losses is not easy for any coach. Coach King is well respected and has presented at state wide coaching clinics. He knows his stuff.

Having enough quality players with size and speed is a big factor but I’ve seen plenty of teams who have that but don’t get it done on the field. Team play and execution, effort and dedication to learning, working hard and winning are just as important. You can have 11 good athletes and not win a game if they can't execute.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I know LE lost some very good talent who transferred to Texas High (they should have been in the finals (IMO) they have a bad habit of when they’re good they’re fantastic if they’re bad they’re very bad (LE)

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Plus look at who they scheduled that year. It was outrageous. Lost those first few games and I’d guess they had a lot of kids quit either mentally or literally.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Wow looking back to refresh memory they played Arkansas High Texas High Pleasant Grove Carthage Argyle La Vega Gilmer then for good measure Pittsburg (no slouch either)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It’s not officially official yet as in announced by the ISD or shared with media, but solid insider information confirms that Coach Matt Woodard from Allen is the new DC for the Indians. And he is a good one.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t care what anyone says... with 8 or 9 DEFENSIVE starters back and some very good defenders coming up from sub varsity, mixed in with fresh coaching talent from one of the premiere programs in the state, there is much to be excited about in Port Neches. PNG has had excellent defensive teams in the past, and they will again. And when they do, watch out because the PNG offense is always going to be a factor. There is no lack of offensive strategy or upside with Coach Faircloth at the controls.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
New defensive coach new philosophy. They have a young team with a lot of talent

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Well things are starting to filter out about our new DC and it seems as if we may see a new attitude out if our defense this season. Like what I am hearing. May go with some off-season workouts this week as I have the week off. Definitely some changes to our defensive style for sure.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores