District 8-5A Standings - Week 9

19PNGndn68

I said on a certain other messageboard last night that one should never underestimate the Montgomery County sense of entitlement. I will add here today that one should never underestimate Montgomery County overconfidence, either. There’s not a lot of experience overcoming real adversity in that neck of the woods. The way the MLC coach talks about their opponents exemplifies the broader cultural problem.

I guarantee y’all there are folks in Montgomery County fuming over the fact that two Golden Triangle teams are currently leading the district race today.
And they had to travel to both games on the road. Plenty of time to rethink each and every loss. Who are We!!!! PNG

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Tell me about it. :rolleyes:
Vanderbilt has Johnny Manziel Jr at QB (regardless of off field antics you have to admit he was great)
Pavia (he’s even #2)
He’s a winner
state champion wrestler from NM
UT better look out tomorrow he’s just the leader to give them a back to back jolt that could send them on a multi game skid.
They have very creative offensive play calls that actually take into account human reactions on D (best way I can describe it)
To me offenses haven’t evolved much since the late 70s (overall) (compared to the trickery etc and unconventional plays in the 30s-40s-50s (makes wing T look like dive right ha) but Vanderbilt is onto something

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (7-0)
vs.
Nederland Bulldogs (6-1)

Friday, Oct. 25, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium, Port Neches, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores