Down Trails of Victory Podcast- 2023 Player Interview

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The Port Neches-Groves Indians--Texas 5A D2 State Football Champions of 2023.

Six seniors from that 2023 Indian squad--Shea Adams, Mario Miguel, Isaiah Nguyen, Giovanni Oceguera, Reid Richard, and Maxwell Scroggs--tell the story of that historic championship run. It's a unique and insightful perspective from the players themselves.

pngfanatic

100+ Posts
The S4 E3 podcast with Coach Joseph is equally entertaining -

In February of 2022, Jeff Joseph was named the 20th head football coach at Port Neches-Groves High School. It was his first head coaching job.

Two years later, Coach Joseph is the undisputed Coach of the Year recipient from practically every Texas organization that honors high school football coaching excellence!

How did Coach Joseph achieve this seemingly meteoric recognition, and lead storied football power Port Neches Groves to its first state title since 1975?

Host Dr. Buck Ford and his podcast partner Judge Brad Burnett attempt to answer that question, as they talk with Coach Joseph about a variety of topics, including:

• His thoughts about the Indians' 2023 state championship;
  • The job application process he went through that landed him at PN-G;
  • His family and his family's connection to football success;
  • His educational and coaching background;
  • His thoughts on the 2022 and 2023 playoff runs, and the amazing community support that accompanied them;
  • His thoughts on the 2023 State Final matchup vs South Oak Cliff, including the coaching decisions that brought home that remarkable 20-17 victory...and more!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores