FINAL: PN-G 29, FB Marshall 21

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Whatever PN-G is paying the defensive coordinator, it is not enough. Give that man a raise. He has the Indians in all the right places and the kids on both sides of the ball are playing the best football of the season. What great effort by all those kids! Offense, Defense, and Special Teams! Keep it up. Great kids playing 100 mph. The PN-G side is full. Nowhere near a sell out. Plenty of room over on the FBM side, but the Buffs brought some fans. Very intense atmosphere. Think back to 1999 when PN-G played LaMarque or 1976 when PN-G played Houston Kashmere. It is a physical game. Grown man football at GPISD.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This is one of the best prepared games I have witnessed PNG play against a quality team. The coaches are calling great plays and the players are playing well. The few breakdowns so far can’t be avoided. Marshall is a great team.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
C'mon Indians, play the 2nd half like the 1st half!
Indians will need to come out like beasts for the second half. They don’t have the track star players like Marshall but they are playing better as a team. Marshall may continue to get frustrated. They aren’t used to this kind of game.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Crippen, Prosperie, Adams, Guarnere, Nguyen and the offensive line have really stepped up.

On defense, I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a better 3 man front from PNG. Defense is swarming overall. Burned on a few plays but holding strong.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
3:00 remaining. Marshall driving. 4th down at PNG 15. Marshall will have to score and make a 2 point PAT to tie it.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This defensive plan and execution tonight was superb. The hard nosed run game was the difference. Special teams, perfect. 29-21 win. Semifinals and Liberty Hill, here we come! Incredible, incredible game plan, preparation and adjustments coaches.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
If PN-G continues to win the line of scrimmage, the PN-G DC does not get kidnapped, and all the kids on Offense, Defense, and Special Teams keep believing in each other, they are going to play in the state championship against Dallas South Oak Cliff, and they will have shot to win the whole thing. The game they played tonight was the best PN-G game I have seen since 1999 vs. LaMarque. What a physical game and the Indians flexed their muscles when it counted most. My ears hurt, I've got a headache, my blood pressure is sky high, and I've never felt better watching PN-G fight for a big time win! What a game!

100+ Posts
This is one of the best prepared games I have witnessed PNG play against a quality team. The coaches are calling great plays and the players are playing well. The few breakdowns so far can’t be avoided. Marshall is a great team.
FBM is good, and they try to get away with everything they possibly can. The refs put a stop to some of that but still don't call holding. They were holding when they scored their last TD.
Anyway I agree big time on the preparation, it was evident. FBM was prepared also though, especially for the Adams QB draw. The QB so-called sneak-push play still gets us a yard or more when we need it.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores