FINAL: PN-G 29, FB Marshall 21

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I personally don
t remember seeing ANY high school football game without ANY turnovers. A well played game by both teams.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Before moving on to the LH game...one last question from the FBM game. Did anyone else think that the PN-G punt coverage got a bad call? The punt where PN-G's downfield gunner hit the FBM punt returner right as he caught the ball. To me, that should NOT draw a flag? The referees threw a flag, but at the stadium, in real time, it looked like a BAM, BAM laser fast punt catch and clean tackle. Did the TV video show that the PN-G gunner was early? It happened on the end of stadium where I was sitting ~35 yard line, and it happened fast, but I thought our gunner hit the punt returner after he caught the ball. That 15 yard penalty was a big help for FBM. It gave the Buffs the football at midfield and they scored on that drive. Was it a penalty? Moving on to the LH game. Go Indians.

bandkid

Staff member
It was called as catch interference, and it was pure cow excrement. That Buffalo had the catch firmly in hand before the Indians ever touched him.

100+ Posts
It was called as catch interference, and it was pure cow excrement. That Buffalo had the catch firmly in hand before the Indians ever touched him.
Yep, and Texan Live guys saw it that way too. It was same as the first game in September and both times it led to a FBM score.

Davidp43

100+ Posts
Before moving on to the LH game...one last question from the FBM game. Did anyone else think that the PN-G punt coverage got a bad call? The punt where PN-G's downfield gunner hit the FBM punt returner right as he caught the ball. To me, that should NOT draw a flag? The referees threw a flag, but at the stadium, in real time, it looked like a BAM, BAM laser fast punt catch and clean tackle. Did the TV video show that the PN-G gunner was early? It happened on the end of stadium where I was sitting ~35 yard line, and it happened fast, but I thought our gunner hit the punt returner after he caught the ball. That 15 yard penalty was a big help for FBM. It gave the Buffs the football at midfield and they scored on that drive. Was it a penalty? Moving on to the LH game. Go Indians.
It was warranted. Still have to give a cushion to catch the ball. Still one of the best hits & needed penalty since 99 regional final with Gohlke's hit

100+ Posts
It was warranted. Still have to give a cushion to catch the ball. Still one of the best hits & needed penalty since 99 regional final with Gohlke's hit
It was perfect timing. Too perfect, and drew the flag. I watched the replay a couple times on TL, and both of the TL announcers said it was perfect timing, no targeting, etc. But when it's that close it'll typically draw the ref's flag.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Placeholder and kicker are connecting. Special teams played a big part in tonight’s win. We are an all around team to have this much depth. Fantastic job
Another interesting coincidence: When was the last time we had a kicker as good as Sandoval? 1999

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Sandell was a really good kicker the last few seasons.
True, but not as consistent as Sandoval (and Joey Price), especially at longer distances. Thus, a weapon we have not really had since 1999. And was the difference between winning and losing against FBM.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
True, but not as consistent as Sandoval (and Joey Price), especially at longer distances. Thus, a weapon we have not really had since 1999. And was the difference between winning and losing against FBM.
Sandell missed a lot of kicks. Sandoval is coming on strong at the end of the season.

CS

100+ Posts
I think it was 1989 when Danny Malone was coaching. Keith Waguespack is the most consistent kicker on FG's and PAT's that I can remember in my 52 years of being a PNG Indian fan.
He was an incredible kicker. Isn't that the year we had BONZAI ?

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
As far as great kickers go, Joey Price in 1999. Good for 50+ yards several times.
That is what I have been saying. I think 1999 is the last time we had a weapon as good as Sandoval at kicker. Although we have had some accurate kickers since then, none that I can recall with the ability to consistently be accurate at long distances. And Price had that ability in spades.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores