FINAL: PN-G 29, FB Marshall 21

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I agree...the defensive turnaround is incredible. #48, #94, #44, #6, #16, #3, #2, #7, and several others that rotate into the game, they are playmakers on defense. The DC makes great calls, he puts the kids in position to make big plays, and they make them. They have size and they will go hit you. They play big boy football. The OL...size and strength. They can move people off the line of scrimmage and #33 finds a way to make positive yards. That formula will win a lot of games: Defense + OL dominance = wins.

How about some love for the kicker? #45 Sandoval. What a leg. Great poise and confidence to make some big kicks. He can make them from 40 and 45 yards out. He is a weapon. Give that kid some love. Kick-offs were great, kick-off coverage was outstanding, the punt game was A+, and Special Teams coaching was A+. They have a shot to win it all. It is there for the taking. PN-G has the pieces in place. Great coaching and kids believing in each other = championship contender! Go Indians.
Said it last week and still holds true this week, new coaching hire had paid off, renewed importance on the defensive side of the ball. On to the next round and party like it

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Super impressed with everyone
No turnovers
Guarnere one amazing catch to convert early a high fastball on either third or fourth down (I think 4th and long)
Defense out of this world
Ngyuen GREAT running and holding on to the ball

Everyone did great
Great play calling
The run set up the pass
Marshall is one of those teams that think they only have to show up and the game will be theirs (why they looked so stunned after the game)

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Man. Helluva win by the boys in purple. They have a lot of DAWG in them. Keep fighting and you can be playing for a state title in Arlington.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
Overall I thought the refs did a fair job of controlling the jawing back and forth however I think they missed a late hit or blind side hit on Crippen in the 4th quarter on the last punt. I’m glad our kids kept themselves in check and didn’t have too many stupid penalties. We needed point on about every drive and we’re able to get FGs from the kicker. Told some friends before the game this had the feeling of PNG vs LaMarque in ‘99. Instant classic

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
For the most part we played well for a full 4 quarters, especially on defense and with regard to the running game. And we played the most mistake-free game we have played all season. That is the recipe for success with this team, and if we do the same next week we will be going to Jerry World. If Liberty Hill is anything like they have been in the past the game plan will be simple: stop the run (easier said than done but doable for this defense), run the ball well, complete a few key passes (like we did against FBM), play mistake free, and we win the game.

bandkid

Staff member
Guys, it’s starting to feel like 1999.

I can’t put into words how proud I am of the team, the coaches, the crowd, the band, the Indianettes, the cheerleaders and the twirlers. Right down to the last man, everyone on the PN-G side of the field was in fighting form tonight. This is the loudest, most engaged and most fiery I’ve seen the Indian Faithful since at least 2009.

Now let’s go do it again next week!

RTruth

I agree...the defensive turnaround is incredible. #48, #94, #44, #6, #16, #3, #2, #7, and several others that rotate into the game, they are playmakers on defense. The DC makes great calls, he puts the kids in position to make big plays, and they make them. They have size and they will go hit you. They play big boy football. The OL...size and strength. They can move people off the line of scrimmage and #33 finds a way to make positive yards. That formula will win a lot of games: Defense + OL dominance = wins.

How about some love for the kicker? #45 Sandoval. What a leg. Great poise and confidence to make some big kicks. He can make them from 40 and 45 yards out. He is a weapon. Give that kid some love. Kick-offs were great, kick-off coverage was outstanding, the punt game was A+, and Special Teams coaching was A+. They have a shot to win it all. It is there for the taking. PN-G has the pieces in place. Great coaching and kids believing in each other = championship contender! Go Indians.
Placeholder and kicker are connecting. Special teams played a big part in tonight’s win. We are an all around team to have this much depth. Fantastic job

100+ Posts
Only one bad snap, and a few low ones. The second field goal had a low snap but they got it done, esp 45. They've been doing that low snap all season. No TDs in the 2nd half again, had me concerned, but I sure was glad to have the last fg, FBM would need to go for 2 for a tie.
FBM is so very talented, but like LBJ, they are undisciplined, and almost play a sandlot style of football, which speaks to their athleticism. I think LBJ was the dirtier team though, much more so. We lost some good players in the LBJ game, that I hope may suit up in the championship game.

100+ Posts

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores