Fort Bend Willow Ridge @ Port Neches-Groves INDIANS

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Running clock in the 4th Q...lots of back-ups getting PT.

PN-G 56
FBW 7

4th Q 9:00 mins.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Got a lot of work to do before next week and the playoffs. I have faith in these coaches they seem to be able to make good decisions on the fly.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PN-G 56
FBW 13 (no PAT attempt after scoring with 0:00 on the clock)

FINAL

Good game PN-G Indians. Safe trip home FBW.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
With the exception of the INTs, the starters did largely eliminate the mistakes. Will need to keep that up to beat Dayton.

Davidp43

100+ Posts
On to Dayton. A win against them pretty much wraps up 2nd and a date with Huntsville, Montgomery, or Lamar consolidated. Which should be a victory too. But 2nd round would be tough most likely Austin LBJ. A loss would probably send us to Montgomery Lake Creek or Brenham on the road 1st round

Davidp43

100+ Posts
We need Crippen to get it going. QB coach has to do a much better job.
He seems to me he is playing very timid, right off target on deep passes, short throws like screens and slants hit or miss, bad decisions and big trouble when he throws on the run. Like his confidence is way down

100+ Posts
He seems to me he is playing very timid, right off target on deep passes, short throws like screens and slants hit or miss, bad decisions and big trouble when he throws on the run. Like his confidence is way down
Yep. I don't know him, or anything else about him, so I can't say what's in his head. Who knows, maybe he's sort of in a rut, like me and my golf game. But he definitely hasn't been getting rid of the ball quick enough, and ends up throwing while falling back on his back foot, and that's basically just throwing a ball up for grabs. Although one of the int.'s last night seemed to be a missed route, possibly. As far as the deep routes, those can always be hit or miss in HS, and most times the miss will be due to an overthrow.
But the above said, I also seem to remember that last season he really found his game towards the end of the regular season, and then throughout the playoffs. Another thing last night, #18 didn't seem to be a target, after such a great game last week against TC.

But anyway, it was a good game for PNG, and went the way it was predicted. FBM beat TC, and SF whipped up on Ned., apparently. Dayton had their way with Galena Park, and that's the next tough game. Linebacker #16 was suited up last night but didn't play, so I would imagine he'll be back for the Dayton game, but LB #6 didn't suit up last night, and there was another player on crutches, I don't recall his number. But hopefully the defense will stay solid for next week.

An aside, the trend continues, with the relatively small numbers in the bands and drill teams/dancers for the opposing teams, as well as the attendance, even though those small bands have all been pretty good.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
He's missing the quality QB coaching that he's had the past 2 seasons. Who is the PN-G QB coach? What's his QBing and coaching history?

100+ Posts
The QB coach listed in the program (which is sold for $5 at the stadium entrance) is described as "beginning his 33rd year of coaching and 21st year at PNG". I've seen him working with the QBs at practice. I haven't noticed any of the offense interactions during games, I'm too focused on the defense while they're on the field.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If true, bringing him back appears to be the biggest mistake the new HC has made.
Had to be some top notch QB coaches out there willing to join on at PN-G. Maybe he didn't have the option to hire outside of the district for that job.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores