Game Day: PN-G Indians vs Lake Creek Lions

Rez

Held LC to 14 points in the second half...7 in the 3Q and 7 in the 4Q. PN-G scored 20 points in the second half. 7 in the 3Q and 13 in the 4Q. But, you're right. Holding Eli Morcos and Tyvann Byars to 14 points in the second half is what you have to do if you want to beat them.

I can't believe Eli Morcos doesn't have more high-end D1 offers. I think he has offers from Tulsa and a few other small D1 colleges. He can play. I'd love for him to go to Houston. They need a great playmaker at the QB spot. Morcos can run, make all the throws, and he has great calmness and field vision. At 6'3" and 205 lbs. he should be getting more offers soon. All that said, PN-G's pocket dynamite #35 got him on the ground when it counted the most.
If Marcos was taller I think he’d have more elite offers

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
If Marcos was taller I think he’d have more elite offers
He is good...very good. I don't think PN-G will see a better QB all year long...including the playoffs. Morcos can flat out play. But, as my wife just told me. If he is that good, why is he 0-2 vs. PN-G? I have no answer for that. Tonight's answer is #35 doing whatever he had to do to go make a play!!!

100+ Posts
#6 ran back KOs pretty good against LP, but wasn't on the KO return tonight. I think I did see him on the kicking team.

Marcos is good, for sure. But there sure was lots of un-flagged holding and back-pushing tonight, which helped him out tremendously, especially 1st half. .

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Please give the high school students and their sponsor a break. Did you watch it on pay for view? No, you didn't. And, that late pass play caught on the sidelines was very good.
My statement was not meant as a criticism of the students. Other broadcasters, even in the NFL, often show similar “unique” or “unusual” shots nowadays (field level, shots from the top of the stadium such that the players look like ants), and in my opinion the camera angles shown by those broadcasters are also generally a mistake (with the main exception being if they are showing a replay). IMO the main purpose of a broadcast is to show the action on the field, so if you can’t see what is going on with a given camera angle that negates any benefit of it being “unique” or “unusual.”

As I said, I think the students broadcasters are doing a great job and I am grateful for them.

Last edited:

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Our opponent tonight was good. Very good. They had numerous players that will play big time college ball.
I don't know about numerous, but they do have two. PN-G will not see a better QB/RB duo for the rest of the year and that includes the playoffs. In the past three weeks, PN-G has seen outstanding RBs from LaPorte and MLC. Mix in the MLC QB, and the Indians have seen, and beaten, some elite talent. No denying that. That's why Chief Jeff Joseph and DC Matt McDaniel are worth their weight in gold. Back up the Brinks truck and give them whatever it takes to keep them in purple and white. They are THAT GOOD!!!

hookem14

100+ Posts
I don't know about numerous, but they do have two. PN-G will not see a better QB/RB duo for the rest of the year and that includes the playoffs. In the past three weeks, PN-G has seen outstanding RBs from LaPorte and MLC. Mix in the MLC QB, and the Indians have seen, and beaten, some elite talent. No denying that. That's why Chief Jeff Joseph and DC Matt McDaniel are worth their weight in gold. Back up the Brinks truck and give them whatever it takes to keep them in purple and white. They are THAT GOOD!!!
They have numerous early commitments. More than two. That doesn’t necessarily mean they will play, that is true. They were damn good.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
One thing that came across on the NDN Press broadcast...did anyone else see all the young kids participating under the Friday night lights? Little cheerleaders, the middle school band, little twirlers, some little Indian Spirits, and maybe I missed a few others. The PN-GISD is doing things the right way. Getting as many kids as possible involved in Friday nights is the way you keep tradition alive and growing. That's why we have great numbers in band, Indianettes, cheer leaders, and making the Indian Spirit the centerpiece of our history with little guys dancing with their own outfits, shields, and spears! That was great to see.

If you are a kid attending PN-GISD and you are not involved in something, then you don't want to be involved. There are so many opportunities to be part of PN-G's Special Spirit...Pass it on! Great job by the PN-GISD admins, teachers, sponsors, and volunteers. Keep our kids invovled. That's why PN-GISD is the envy other others. They do it right, loud, and proud. GO INDIANS!

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
It’s easy to get disillusioned coming off of a SC season, especially when you think about how good our defense was at the end of the season. However, we have a lot of new players on defense and it will take some time to get them playing at their peak. That is why it is unfortunate that we have to play LC and Huntsville so early in the season. The same thing can be said about the wide receivers other than Nunley. On the other hand, we won the game in spite of those obstacles, so overall it was a great victory. So, yes, we still need a lot of work on defense, special teams, and even the passing game. But in spite of my disagreement with one call in particular (the fake punt), I have faith in our coaching staff and feel confident that this district and coaching staff will prepare us very well for the playoffs.

100+ Posts
It’s easy to get disillusioned coming off of a SC season, especially when you think about how good our defense was at the end of the season. However, we have a lot of new players on defense and it will take some time to get them playing at their peak. That is why it is unfortunate that we have to play LC and Huntsville so early in the season. The same thing can be said about the wide receivers other than Nunley. On the other hand, we won the game in spite of those obstacles, so overall it was a great victory. So, yes, we still need a lot of work on defense, special teams, and even the passing game. But in spite of my disagreement with one call in particular (the fake punt), I have faith in our coaching staff and feel confident that this district and coaching staff will prepare us very well for the playoffs.
You beat me to it. One thing possibly harder than winning State, is playing on the team the following season. In fact it may take more character to follow in last season's shoes. But I'm also thinking that this team will be special. They'll come together, especially after being run through the fire early on like this.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
We ll straighten it out
That’s not only maybe the best HS QB I’ve seen
He definitely should start at Tulsa as a true freshman
Best one there since G J Kinne

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores