Game Updates: PN-G vs. Gregory Portland

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
They will learn from the experience and the disappointment of the loss and be stronger because of it.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
to me there was too much time on the clock to kick a fg adn win the game with gp passing on us and getting into fg range themselves to win, also would have hated to have our kicker to miss the fg this early in the season and miss it and have that thought in the back of his mind everything he kicked a fg, gotta remmeber these or 16 to 18 yr old kids. If we would have made that first down we could have move the ball closer for a short fg instead of a 38/40 yr fg, big differences in making it . Also took more tim e off the clock where gp would have to rush their plays .. but in all it was a great game. will make the boys more hungrey to win the next game and improve on some weakness! GREAT GAME BOYS!!

G-P king

We noticed how your secondary did not like to hit or tackle for that matter! It was like they just didnt want to go head to head! We (G-P) definately were the smaller team! :ha: Great game

indian17

Take on the game:

100 % improvement from what I saw last week in the Memorial scrimmage. Team showed more enthusiasm, effort, and confidence. Kudos to GP and without their QB don't think the game would have been close.

Yeah secondary was timid during the first half of the game but as the game went on they became more comfortable and there were several nice hits from the secondary in run support. I do have to say that the offense looked very good and with a couple of catches that were dropped we may have saw a different outcome to the game, one catch that jalali dropped all alone at the 5 yard line and the lacour drop for a first down on the last drive.

Ohh well... we will be fine. reminds me of last season. I was worried about the defense after barely winning agaisnt barbers hill and you know what happened the rest of the season they became a lights out unit. I feel that will happen again since this was the first varsity game for all our secondary they will only get better.

On a side not does anyone know why Hunter Denzlinger is listed in the program? I thought he was not playing football any longer due to his kneck injury?

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
First of all, those who are second-guessing the 4th and inches decision, would be the first to gripe if we would have attempted a FG and missed or had a bad snap.(Like our first FG attempt) It would have been a 38-39 yd fg because the ball was outside the 21 yard line. I don't know how people come up with it being a 30 or 35 yd field goal. Anyone with an average football IQ realizes that 7 yards from the line of scrimmage is the standard placement for FG's and extra points.When you add the 10 yards for the end zone, you are looking at 38 or 39 yards. That is a long kick for a high school kicker. That isn't even an automatic kick for college or NFL kickers. I promise you if I was in Coach Faircloth's shoes, I would take my chances on getting half a foot vs. kicking a 38 yd field goal every time. For those of you insulting our DB's...how many games did you start in HS? If any, I bet you wouldn't want fat old men criticizing you on a public forum. We had some big time busts in the secondary, no doubt about that.The good news is that those can be corrected. These kids have talent, they just lack experience. Our DB's layed the wood to GP ball carriers many times supporting the run, so I can't see where they are soft. The big mistakes were made by dropping coverage and letting someone get WIDE open, not because of "soft" play. Coach Faircloth stated after the Memorial scrimmage that we are still trying to find the right combinations with our LB's and DB's. I am very confident that the coaches will make the right adjustments and that our kids will learn from their mistakes and get better from week to week. Let's all remember that these are teenagers and they are INDIANS. They are sweating and bleeding and giving everything they have to represent our school and community. Lets all act like true Indians and support them no matter what.

Gp83

THE GREGORY PORTLAND WILDCATS
ndnsrock44 said:
First of all, those who are second-guessing the 4th and inches decision, would be the first to gripe if we would have attempted a FG and missed or had a bad snap.(Like our first FG attempt) It would have been a 38-39 yd fg because the ball was outside the 21 yard line. I don't know how people come up with it being a 30 or 35 yd field goal. Anyone with an average football IQ realizes that 7 yards from the line of scrimmage is the standard placement for FG's and extra points.When you add the 10 yards for the end zone, you are looking at 38 or 39 yards. That is a long kick for a high school kicker. That isn't even an automatic kick for college or NFL kickers. I promise you if I was in Coach Faircloth's shoes, I would take my chances on getting half a foot vs. kicking a 38 yd field goal every time. For those of you insulting our DB's...how many games did you start in HS? If any, I bet you wouldn't want fat old men criticizing you on a public forum. We had some big time busts in the secondary, no doubt about that.The good news is that those can be corrected. These kids have talent, they just lack experience. Our DB's layed the wood to GP ball carriers many times supporting the run, so I can't see where they are soft. The big mistakes were made by dropping coverage and letting someone get WIDE open, not because of "soft" play. Coach Faircloth stated after the Memorial scrimmage that we are still trying to find the right combinations with our LB's and DB's. I am very confident that the coaches will make the right adjustments and that our kids will learn from their mistakes and get better from week to week. Let's all remember that these are teenagers and they are INDIANS. They are sweating and bleeding and giving everything they have to represent our school and community. Lets all act like true Indians and support them no matter what.

That was our All-State LB, Preston Smallwood who stopped you on that 4th and one. I heard his name called all night.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
[/
quote]

And that right there is what HS football is, or rather, should be all about, irregardless of what school or team you support.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Well were are finally home. Congrats GP on your victory. Congrats PNG on a very hard fought game. Great Great game. It was more than I expected out of this game. OK, my take. Yes the secondary was playing to soft and giving up to much of the 10 yard passes. The deep ball killed us. The WR for GP made some great catches ! I think some more experience and more hard work will pay off. I'm sure the coaches will make the adjustments as they see fit with personnel if needed. The D line had good penetration most of the game. I think we started having better success on the D line when they began to rotate in some fresh legs in the second half. On the offensive side of the game, Receivers dropping passes that are catchable ? Nerves !!!! most likely. It happens ! See it all the time in the NFL. The running game ? needs some work. Need to pound the D line into submission. I thought if we would have kept their D on the field awhile longer and pounded them with runs we would have worn them down. Remember this years team is not last years team. This team will come together like last years team. Just alittle time. Yeah the win would have been nice but this is not a district game. The wins and losses count when we start district. (Oh and by the way I played foot ball from the age of 5 thru college). So if my comments offend you sorry.
All these boys need is some more time on the practice field ! Remember we started a week later and only had one scrimmage.

Gp83

I'll add this...y'all have one of the best O lines I seen in a while...just awesome

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
A win is a win but 1 point is not putting it on anybody. The win goes to GP .Very proud of these Indians they won't soon forget this game.Hats off to this coaching staff noticed when off or def come off the field they are coaching on the bench until the next series making every minute count not watching the game.Maybe we could meet again before next year GP.Indians continue to sharpen that spear your time is coming!

Gp83

purplewarrior said:
A win is a win but 1 point is not putting it on anybody. The win goes to GP .Very proud of these Indians they won't soon forget this game.Hats off to this coaching staff noticed when off or def come off the field they are coaching on the bench until the next series making every minute count not watching the game.Maybe we could meet again before next year GP.Indians continue to sharpen that spear your time is coming!

I would love to meet again in the semi's :clap:

NDN79

500+ Posts
Just got in not long ago. Good job Indians, you may have come up short 1 point in the score, but you will NEVER come up short in the hearts of your Indian Fans.We will be there for you every step of the way.It was a great, hard fought game and we look forward to next week.

For gp-queen: I don't know what game you were watching, but our secondary WAS NOT AFRAID to hit or tackle anyone from gp. Why would they be-you weren't that good.That game is history now, so go bother someone else on another team's board!

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Gp83 said:
purplewarrior said:

I would love to meet again in the semi's :clap:

Outcome will be different! ;D

PNGfan

100+ Posts
G-P king said:
We noticed how your secondary did not like to hit or tackle for that matter! It was like they just didnt want to go head to head! We (G-P) definately were the smaller team! :ha: Great game

What big hits did GP have? I didn't see anything great.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
pngfan66...by soft, I didn't mean soft coverage. I was responding to earlier posts that questioned our players toughness. There is a big difference between pointing out areas we need to improve versus bad-mouthing KIDS. There was nothing in your post to be offended by. You stated things we need to work on and didn't question any of our players toughness.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Gp83 said:
ndnsrock44 said:
First of all, those who are second-guessing the 4th and inches decision, would be the first to gripe if we would have attempted a FG and missed or had a bad snap.(Like our first FG attempt) It would have been a 38-39 yd fg because the ball was outside the 21 yard line. I don't know how people come up with it being a 30 or 35 yd field goal. Anyone with an average football IQ realizes that 7 yards from the line of scrimmage is the standard placement for FG's and extra points.When you add the 10 yards for the end zone, you are looking at 38 or 39 yards. That is a long kick for a high school kicker. That isn't even an automatic kick for college or NFL kickers. I promise you if I was in Coach Faircloth's shoes, I would take my chances on getting half a foot vs. kicking a 38 yd field goal every time. For those of you insulting our DB's...how many games did you start in HS? If any, I bet you wouldn't want fat old men criticizing you on a public forum. We had some big time busts in the secondary, no doubt about that.The good news is that those can be corrected. These kids have talent, they just lack experience. Our DB's layed the wood to GP ball carriers many times supporting the run, so I can't see where they are soft. The big mistakes were made by dropping coverage and letting someone get WIDE open, not because of "soft" play. Coach Faircloth stated after the Memorial scrimmage that we are still trying to find the right combinations with our LB's and DB's. I am very (#10)confident that the coaches will make the right adjustments and that our kids will learn from their mistakes and get better from week to week. Let's all remember that these are teenagers and they are INDIANS. They are sweating and bleeding and giving everything they have to represent our school and community. Lets all act like true Indians and support them no matter what.

That was our All-State LB, Preston Smallwood who stopped you on that 4th and one. I heard his name called all night.
He is definitely a good one. Your defense is an excellent tackling team. Our quick/short passing game was ineffective because of some great one on one tackles. Jalali(#10) was so close to slipping free and making some big plays, but wasn't able to because of the great tackling of your defense. I really believe in the coming weeks that Jalali will pop some big plays on those same short passes.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores