Game Updates: PN-G vs. Gregory Portland

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Indiansalltheway said:
game over we lose cuz of coach.....30 29

We are here ONLY "cuz of coach". Keep in mind that this game means nothing other than getting our players exposure to possible collegiate scouts and to big game situations.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Great effort. Gregory Portland is a veteran, playoff experienced team. The Indians were in the game all the way.

Better to get the loss out of the system when it doesn't count. This PN-G team will come back with a vengeance.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Indiansalltheway said:
should of kicked fg we would of won ....browning is a very good kicker

If our kicker misses a 31+ yd FG everyone would say, "go for it coach" ... I have no problem going for it on 4th and 1-foot ... my only question would have been, "why not a QB sneak?" The stacked-I took too much time to develop. Hindsight is 20/20 ... our kids played hard, got some great exposure, we will get better on offense and defense, and as an Indian, we don't lose, "we just ran out of time." Hope all the fans in SA and the kids have a safe trip home. Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Come on now.... The Indians lost because of a very good, well coached GP team. This one could have gone either way.

kingcrablegs

yea I would have to agree Gregory Portland is a great team and it will help the PNG Indians come district play they will be stronger.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I don't think we'll see a team in district a experienced or as talented as GP. I also don't think we'll see an offense as good as ours in district!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I would not say that GP is great ... they are not the caliber of Lake Travis, Aledo, Brenham, or Friendswood. Crosby and Texas City will be tough tests. 4A is full of tough, tough teams. The Jack Yates Lions over in Houston will make some noise this year, too. PN-G is right there. Today was only 1 game. I bet we see vast improvment in our Indians by the time district play rolls around. I am an optimist ... 14-1 will not be that bad when December is here. Good game GP. You made the plays to win. The defensive stop you made on 4th and 1-foot means you deserved to win the game. I still say we just ran out of time. Tough call for our HC ... 31 to 35 yd FG or go for it on 4th and 1-foot. We will live to fight another day ... and our kids make us proud to be Indians.

Go Indians. Peace.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores