GP vs PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

15PNG

500+ Posts
Well I see it like this...... I've seen several school teams who dress up in costumes - a bear, a pirate head, a tiger, a bug, various birds, and oh yes.... cats (both domestic and wild). They jump around and act like idiots, doing silly, disrespectful, and sometimes suggestive moves. Our Indian Spirit is a powerful figure with PN-G. He represents our pride, honor, tradition, and most importantly The Seal of the Cherokee Nation presented to us. That is the biggest honor and in itself represents so much more that I could ever list here. It represents a proud people. And we too are a proud people. Proud of our community, school, kids, academics, our long history. We don't hide behind the costume. Instead, it represents all of the above. As stated somewhere on this site, each Indian Spirit spends hours mastering and accurately representing the Native American dance. So yeah, we've taken it personally for 80+ years! Some of you will remember the thug in the cougar suit kicking and throwing a stuffed Indian around on the field during the playoffs in the Astrodome? (you know who you are) There must have been 30,000 very angry 'boos' that completely drowned their band out for the remainder of their performance. Yet our Indian Spirit stood there and did nothing in retaliation and didn't acknowledge it at all....PURE CLASS! The moron in the bear suit almost got his head torn off after he assaulted the Indian Spirit. So, I guess the question for anyone still unsure: What does your kid in a "party city costume" represent? ;)

Bringing 15 loud and proud ones with me - see you in San Antonio! :rocks: :woot:

NDN79

500+ Posts
Very well said 15PNG! There are a lot of mascots whose theme is copied many times over. Not our's! It proudly stands alone--Not copied or Duplicated!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

G-P king

Who is the home team in this game? G-P had a pretty evenly matched scrimage last night against F-B. Yall look out for our G-P scouts tonight and trat then nicely :welcome:they drove a long way up there!

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I will say hello to them if I see em and I even tell em you said hello :)

bandkid

Staff member
G-P king said:
Who is the home team in this game? G-P had a pretty evenly matched scrimage last night against F-B. Yall look out for our G-P scouts tonight and trat then nicely :welcome:they drove a long way up there!

PN-G is the home team.

90NDN

500+ Posts
PAM made the playoff's last year, but I can't recall if they beat La Porte in the 1st round or not...I know they beat North Shore in the regular season which is always a 5A juggernaut...they should make the playoffs again this year as well.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
15PNG said:
Well I see it like this...... I've seen several school teams who dress up in costumes - a bear, a pirate head, a tiger, a bug, various birds, and oh yes.... cats (both domestic and wild). They jump around and act like idiots, doing silly, disrespectful, and sometimes suggestive moves. Our Indian Spirit is a powerful figure with PN-G. He represents our pride, honor, tradition, and most importantly The Seal of the Cherokee Nation presented to us. That is the biggest honor and in itself represents so much more that I could ever list here. It represents a proud people. And we too are a proud people. Proud of our community, school, kids, academics, our long history. We don't hide behind the costume. Instead, it represents all of the above. As stated somewhere on this site, each Indian Spirit spends hours mastering and accurately representing the Native American dance. So yeah, we've taken it personally for 80+ years! Some of you will remember the thug in the cougar suit kicking and throwing a stuffed Indian around on the field during the playoffs in the Astrodome? (you know who you are) There must have been 30,000 very angry 'boos' that completely drowned their band out for the remainder of their performance. Yet our Indian Spirit stood there and did nothing in retaliation and didn't acknowledge it at all....PURE CLASS! The moron in the bear suit almost got his head torn off after he assaulted the Indian Spirit. So, I guess the question for anyone still unsure: What does your kid in a "party city costume" represent? ;)

Bringing 15 loud and proud ones with me - see you in San Antonio! :rocks: :woot:
WELL SAID :clap: :clap: :clap: :woohoo:

G-P king

http://stexfootball.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talk&action=display&thread=957 here are some pics of our visitor unis we will wear in the dome

G-P king

PNGfan said:
Ya'll don't have much of an off season workout program do ya'll ;D Scalp'em
No our football players use the offseason for surfing and hanging out at the pool looking cool! off season? what offseason! Those are pictures of sophmore kids!

Gp83

THE GREGORY PORTLAND WILDCATS
Gp83 said:
PNGfan said:
Ya'll don't have much of an off season workout program do ya'll ;D Scalp'em
In those pics, those are all sophomores

BTW...those same sophomores CRUSHED their competition last season going undefeated and no team came withen 20 points or worse. #2 was our starting CB on varsity last season as a freshman.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Be careful of what you say guys. GP's players may get wind of it like Brenham and claim the Indians don't respect them. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores