GP vs PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

biaplayer

the scrimmage with pam is on friday the 20th cant wait tired of reading on other message board that ned whipped up on fort bend who is also 5a. come to find out though they were only 2-8 last year so no suprise that ned scored more in the scrimmage. So what do youll think about dayton thrashing wos 24-0 i was kinda suprised myself

Whodat

I went to the Ned/Ft Bend scrimmage. Nederland is dang fast on defense this year. More athletes than I've seen them have in a while and much deeper than last year. I was curious based on some of the talk by buddies have been giving at work. Ned's offense didn't look as polished, but their defensive speed was impressive. And they are big up front. A guy from Nederland said their front seven on defense were all underclassmen, I don't know if he was telling the truth, hope not. Based on what I saw, Nederland has a chance at a playoff spot this year.

badndn

500+ Posts
biaplayer said:
the scrimmage with pam is on friday the 20th cant wait tired of reading on other message board that ned whipped up on fort bend who is also 5a. come to find out though they were only 2-8 last year so no suprise that ned scored more in the scrimmage. So what do youll think about dayton thrashing wos 24-0 i was kinda suprised myself
Fort Bend Marshall has an enrollment that is smaller than ours or Nederlands. They are only 5A because they are in Fort Bend and opt to play up because of the local FB district (saves money).

On a football note, I had been hearing that Nederland had a good group of Soph's last year, so them stepping up and strengthening that DLine does not suprise me.
I heard from someone that was there, that Dayton was real good. He said Dayton has always looked good when they scrimmaged them in the past, but not like this. He said it could have and should have been a lot worse! Said Dayton had the best combo of big fast kids they have ever seen. He said the Dayton lines were big and athletic.

G-P king

Hi all u indians! G-P had its first scrimage this past Sat and I just wanted to say that we still have alot of work to be done! I am looking forward to the Gamd at the dome and hear that G-P has sold alot of tickets! Not as much as PNG but alot! I hope yall have a safe trip I know we have a 2 hour drive to S.A. what is it for yall! Take it easy on G-P we have alot of kinks to work out between now and then!

bandkid

Staff member
bandkid said:
gpwildcat said:
The farmers down here are starting to pick cotten, which is good. I'll get a bunch of fresh cotten to stuff in my ears so I don't have to hear cherokee about a million times!

We are ready for the big game. Practice has been going well, we have had a few injuries, but that is to be expected. Hopefully we will be at or near full strength for the Alamodome game.

We have a scrimmage set for this Saturday against Ingleside, a neighboring 3a school. No love lost between us and Ingleside, there was an incident during 7 on 7 that has been festering for a couple of months.

When is your first scrimmage?

Go Cats, Go Dogs!

We scrimmage 5A Port Arthur Memorial on Saturday, August 21.

Correction:

We scrimmage 5A Port Arthur Memorial on Friday, August 20. I apologize for any confusion.

G-P king

Our Willie the Wildcat will tackle your indian doing the killing ants dance on the field and eat him! :punchingbag:

bandkid

Staff member
G-P king said:
Our Willie the Wildcat will tackle your indian doing the killing ants dance on the field and eat him! :punchingbag:

You're going to be in a domed stadium and outnumbered at least 3 to 1. I wouldn't try anything. ;D

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
G-P king said:
I don't think UIL looks very favorable at that type of actions. I know you may/or may not have been joking, but we take this pretty serious down here since it has happened before. Like someone else said, you might want to ask some LCM Bears about that. It could have been a lot more serious but ended up in a public apology. Should that happen, there will be an uprising of the INDIAN NATION in the Alamo city that the battle at the Alamo won't even come close to in comparison. All we want is a good clean pre-season game and the honor of being invited and the experience of playing in the Alamodome.

Indian99

500+ Posts
I remember the LCM bear tackling our indian spirit a few years back ('97?) Needless to say the indian spirit almost speared the poor little bear and the fans went crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores