High school football rivalries in America: Vote for the best

19PNGndn68

Both papers focus on Bmt schools, PA Memorial and Nederland with only an
occasional mention of PNG. Articles form Daucy Crizer, when assigned to cover PN-G, are typically good quality but other than that, not much to see. Very disappointing and frankly unforgivable. Especially the politically correct policies of a certain paper that has published more disinformation about PNG than anyone, and pushed that garbage every chance they get.
Good way to lose your “press “ jobs by Alienating 50000 local former subscribers. Follow the money trail remove local ads from the Bmt and PA newspapers to a Midcounty “Metroplex” online news paper is the way of the future. Funnel PNG ndn Press and Nederland HS equivalent network sports, student academic achievements, social events into this coverage. Plus pick up Any other localities that are being bullied or ignored by these so called big city news outlets.
Port Arthur had TJ, Lincoln, Stephen F Austin, Bishop Burne, and in the 40s-50s St Mary HS off Procter st. City of Port Arthur has rebuilt on the very city limits of Midcounty to get away from the central decay of PA. Putting “Stakes” in the ground at Midcounty city limits saying Port Arthur City of Opportunity confirms how bad times have become. Old Channel 4 TV station home to ( Cowboy John and Black Bart) escaped from PA for Beaumont’s outer city limits (Parkdale Mall TV station if it still exist?) Closer to the City of Lumberton then down town Beaumont.
Beaumont had Beaumont High, South Park High, French High, Forest Park High, Hebert High, Charton Pollard High, and Kelly High. Look what is left.
Midcounty Money talks politically correctness walks.
Who are We.!!!! PNG and Nederland as a start.

19PNGndn68

With less than 2 hours to go, it looks like we have this in the bag! Good job to both PNG and Nederland fans who voted! MCM rules!

I did find it interesting with the lack of votes from the fans of Duncanville vs. Desoto. That is an annual 6A barnburner.

View attachment 1418
Please post attachment to Dave Campbell Texas Football in care of editors Greg Tepper, Ashley Pickle, Mallory Hartley, and our buddy Stepp ( who is attending the SOC tailgate this week). They travel to games across the state. But done venture far from the DFW area. Never heard any mention of MCM.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
New definition.

UIL+DCTF+DFW area = Texas High School Football Media Complex. Network of individuals and institutions involved in the production for profit of Texas high school football.
HOWEVER
(Being a musician for years)

There ain’t no SHOW without the BUSINESS

They might not “cover” us

But all that hubbub made it to where our last two teams got near national exposure
Which back in the day where we might have played our SC games at Baylor stadium etc on a random day at the same time other games were happening this way all eyes on us

We get to play in front of not only our and SOC fans but a definite percentage of interested by standers
Who are impressed by us I guarantee.
I met a guy who had on purple
He said I never heard about y’all until last year but I enjoyed it so much I wanted to be a part of it.

I say let’s continue to shock all of Texas
We’ve been doing it for over 60 years. Hell yeah. Who better
We now represent the demographic - it used to be Katy and sort of still is but less this year.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Congrats PN-G and Nederland. Also congrats to Bum and Wade, and Susan and all of the rest of the family who are a huge part of this Rivalry. They take it from one of the better Rivalry in the country and add even more depth to it. Their family of such a huge part of our lore.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I recall that in 1974-77 we had media in Florida and other states writing articles about PN-G support. Television does increase exposure which is great, but the game was strong and PN-G was ‘famous’ before all the for profit efforts started. Over time younger generations forget that or were never aware. That’s a big part of why we must promote all things PN-G even on the local front for future generations to remain aware. History matters. What others did before us should always be remembered.

Lonestar JR

I am surprised that the Jenks vs. Tulsa Union vote wasn't a lot higher. The Jenks Trojans draw a lot of fans and have the highest attended play off games in OK. My dad played football and basketball at Jenks in the 1930's. At that time the population of Jenks was only about 1,000. My dad told me that when they played a Tulsa school, the Tulsa team players would make fun of the county bumkins from Jenks. It reminds me of how the Yellow Jackets used to sing "Poor LIttle Injun Boys" when they had to suffer the indignaty of playing PNG. Jenks HIgh School has a great sports program and regularly wins OK 6A High School state championships. My, my how things change. As in Texas, the only thing more powerfu in OK than high school football is GOD.

bandkid

Staff member
Where does the idea that DCTF doesn’t cover us come from? Coach Joseph was literally on the cover this year.

The difference is that they don't show up at PN-G games. They show up for tons of games in D-FW and its environs, a fair number of Houston-area and Central Texas games, and the occassional game in West, East, or South Texas, but have never made a trip to the Golden Triangle at all, to my knowledge.

If Nederland manages to win tonight, MCM would be the perfect opportunity to make a first trip to the Reservation.

Rez

The difference is that they don't show up at PN-G games. They show up for tons of games in D-FW and its environs, a fair number of Houston-area and Central Texas games, and the occassional game in West, East, or South Texas, but have never made a trip to the Golden Triangle at all, to my knowledge.

If Nederland manages to win tonight, MCM would be the perfect opportunity to make a first trip to the Reservation.
I agree they have a DFW focus and probably even a bias - that’s where they’re from and it’s the area they know best. And, having lived in Dallas , I know it’s easy to fall into an unconscious “Dallas is the center of everything” mindset. But they don’t hold back when a local team is good. They talk about png all the time right now, and raved about West Orange and Silsbee during their good runs.

I’ll note that Stepp attended Mid County Madness in Nederland, probably about 10 years ago. I agree that a trip to the Reservation is overdue.

One big complaint I have that some of ya’ll might have noticed: They’ll use every team’s logo, but DC always writes out “PNG” instead of using our logo. It’s … weird - Until the Texas legislature or UIL makes a rule, we’re the “Indians” and it’s comes off as patronizing to not use our logo when they use everyone else’s. They either cover high school football in Texas or they don’t, and the fact is some schools in Texas call themselves “Indians.” I screenshot one example from this week. IMG_0966.jpeg

Last edited:

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I agree they have a DFW focus and probably even a bias - that’s where they’re from and it’s the area they know best. And, having lived in Dallas , I know it’s easy to fall into an unconscious “Dallas is the center of everything” mindset. But they don’t hold back when a local team is good. They talk about png all the time right now, and raved about West Orange and Silsbee during their good runs.

I’ll note that Stepp attended Mid County Madness in Nederland, probably about 10 years ago. I agree that a trip to the Reservation is overdue.

One big complaint I have that some of ya’ll might have noticed: They’ll use every team’s logo, but DC always writes out “PNG” instead of using our logo. It’s … weird - Until the Texas legislature or UIL makes a rule, we’re the “Indians” and it’s comes off as patronizing to not use our logo when they use everyone else’s. They either cover high school football in Texas or they don’t, and the fact is some schools in Texas call themselves “Indians.” I screenshot one example from this week. View attachment 1422
Not defending them but for a few years that’s been our helmet logo
The block PNG

Reactions: Rez

NDNmom91

500+ Posts

One big complaint I have that some of ya’ll might have noticed: They’ll use every team’s logo, but DC always writes out “PNG” instead of using our logo. It’s … weird - Until the Texas legislature or UIL makes a rule, we’re the “Indians” and it’s comes off as patronizing to not use our logo when they use everyone else’s. They either cover high school football in Texas or they don’t, and the fact is some schools in Texas call themselves “Indians.” I screenshot one example from this week. View attachment 1422
Those are all helmet logos I believe so PNG is correct in this instance IMG_0015.jpeg

Reactions: Rez

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores