I hope Josh Wright is OK

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Josh, you've been an incredible player for the Indians over the past three seasons and all of us hate to see it come to an end. Obviously the season didn't go as well as all hoped. But keep in mind that the 2008 Indians are not the first PN-G team, nor the last to have a rough year. It happens to the best of programs including Odessa Permian, La Marque, and many other traditionally great programs.

Regardless, I think I can speak for all or most Indian fans and say that you players are #1 in our hearts and minds. You fought hard and we're all proud of the effort. All the controversy this season comes from Port Neches and Groves being proud football towns where winning is important. Not because the players are not supported. So to all 2008 Indians, we know you're disappointed at the moment. But keep believing in yourself, continue to work hard in everything you do, and go forward with your heads held high. Being a PN-G Indian is an honor that sticks with you for life.
Right-I couldn't have said it better myself! We were so proud of all of you last night and every night.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
indian20106 said:
i loved being an indian. i love being one still. and it does suck to see it come like this. ya know caleb harmon's been my little brother pretty much since we were in 3rd grade or something like that.. we were young. we always wanted to play together. and it came out like this. it sucks. but you do have to move on from it. its over now... and regardless of how sportsman like it was last night to get into a fight... all players agreed that all the things inside of us making it hard to breathe. it was let out after that brawl insued. i feel alot better. i hope caleb doesn have to have 2 disapointing years.. and i hope raggio doesn either,. he is my good friend to. alot of good guys are coming ujp next year. like ryan st.clair. he is a great athlete and a very hard runner. he runs harder than me, if he was as strong as me he would be Barber. I love the heck out of the indian fans. i love the school and i love it all... i didnt vote in the election.. but Barrack has a good catch phrase.. kind of inspirational

Hmmm...could that inspirational catch phrase you are referring to be "Change"...I'll advocate that it is the "change we need"...and everyone on this board knows what change I'm talking about

indian20106

not trying to toot my own horn but I made allamerican team yet we don't have the talent or athletes on offense . An can throw a mile deron catches everything yet we supposedly didn't have athletes on offense.If you read pa paper yesterday you know what I talkie about

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
indian20106 said:
not trying to toot my own horn but I made allamerican team yet we don't have the talent or athletes on offense . An can throw a mile deron catches everything yet we supposedly didn't have athletes on offense.If you read pa paper yesterday you know what I talkie about

I hope that maybe he was referring to the offensive line when he said that we didn't have the talent. Surely, he wasn't talking about you or anyone else that touches the ball... I have to say that the protection was not there for the QB and not many holes were opened up for you....

Maybe you care to elaborate on why we only played 18 kids out of 70...do you see any reason for some kids to had to play offense and defense? Did we not have anyone else on the team that could have played those positions?

Congrats on All American - that says it all...

indian20106

well.. theirs alot of guys who could have played one way only. alot... i don understand it really. i guess we will find out waht the coaches final words are to us tomorow though

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
indian20106 said:
well.. theirs alot of guys who could have played one way only. alot... i don understand it really. i guess we will find out waht the coaches final words are to us tomorow though

Let us know ...

N

NDNPARENT

what does a coach say to a senior that practice all year, and never gets into a game, uh sorry! heck the coach is the sorry @ss, for not letting the senior have a little limelight to play a down. what does a kid tell his kids when they ask him did you play h.s. football. and you say i rode the bench , nevered played. it is ashamed that a coach's ego hurts a kid pride and self esteem.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:
what does a coach say to a senior that practice all year, and never gets into a game, uh sorry! heck the coach is the sorry @ss, for not letting the senior have a little limelight to play a down. what does a kid tell his kids when they ask him did you play h.s. football. and you say i rode the bench , nevered played. it is ashamed that a coach's ego hurts a kid pride and self esteem.

You tell them yes.They were still on the team.They played more then just their senior yr.Does a kid say he wasnt part of a championship just because he didnt play,no he was apart of it.Im somewhat new to the board meaning i just started posting on it,but do we have this same argument every yr or was it just this yr.Just wondering??? :huh:

Indian99

500+ Posts
So, did Wright make All-American, or was it a preseason prediction type thing? I thought the All-whatever teams were voted on at the end of the season. If he did, kudos to him!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Indian99 said:
So, did Wright make All-American, or was it a preseason prediction type thing? I thought the All-whatever teams were voted on at the end of the season. If he did, kudos to him!

Pre-season recognition by Max Emfinger Recruiting. http://www.maxemfingerrecruiting.com/

Still something that Wright should be proud of.

Jeff 'The Jet' Bergeron is the only PN-G back that's ever received post season, All-American recognition. Bergeron was All-State as a junior and senior, and All-American his senior season. During his 3 seasons on the Reservation he gained 3,928 yards rushing and scored 67 TDs.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I just read the caption under the picture. How sad! We never won district much less state the entire time Jeff played. I still say Jeff Bergeron was the most awesome running back I've ever seen including Little Joe Washington and many others I've watched over the years. Jeff was lightning fast and just ran over everyone straight down the field. He didn't need any fancy moves. Awesome!

indian20106

coach just said he was disapointed in our actions.. sorry for the way it had to happen this year. and that was it... i didnt expect much.. it just sucks. ill be playin the all american game at the lousiana superdome.. but man the past 3 years have made me wanna re-evaluate what i want out of sports... or the next level any way. one of my good friends and mentors is josh cook. he has been teaching me since 7th grade and this past summer he made me a sad guy when he told me how his coaches made him not love the game any more where he is at. and i feel like i follwin his shadow

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
indian20106 said:
coach just said he was disapointed in our actions.. sorry for the way it had to happen this year. and that was it... i didnt expect much.. it just sucks. ill be playin the all american game at the lousiana superdome.. but man the past 3 years have made me wanna re-evaluate what i want out of sports... or the next level any way. one of my good friends and mentors is josh cook. he has been teaching me since 7th grade and this past summer he made me a sad guy when he told me how his coaches made him not love the game any more where he is at. and i feel like i follwin his shadow

Josh is a good kid, well I guess I should say young man. Aubrey is too. I have a lot of respect for both of those guys. Maybe you just need to find the right combination of coaches and players, Josh. It may not be the same at the school that you decide to attend.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
MightyNDNS said:
indian20106 said:

Josh is a good kid, well I guess I should say young man. Aubrey is too. I have a lot of respect for both of those guys. Maybe you just need to find the right combination of coaches and players, Josh. It may not be the same at the school that you decide to attend.
I agree Josh, don't give up because of the bad year you have had at PNG. There are coaches out there that still love the game and will instill that into their players. The coach that reminds their players about the "team" and the fun of the game still do exist. Best of luck to you and by the way, when is the All-American game and will it be televised?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Josh, take a strong look at Lamar. Do well in the combines again, and you should be the starting back when they start playing. Just like Tatum, playing as someone's #1 choice is a lot better than as their #2 or 3. You'll get more playing time and exposure. Plus, we'd like to continue watching you play.

N

NDNPARENT

pngfan93 said:
Josh, take a strong look at Lamar. Do well in the combines again, and you should be the starting back when they start playing. Just like Tatum, playing as someone's #1 choice is a lot better than as their #2 or 3. You'll get more playing time and exposure. Plus, we'd like to continue watching you play.

i agree with this. to make lamar football sucussful they need to have more local players on the team playing, that would bring in the crowds(friends, family etc). we have lots of talented players in this area that go to the BIG colleges and do not play. but if a local kid is offered a full scholarship to the Big colleges (ex. Texas, AandM , Duke, etc ) then by all means take it, the education the kid get there would go furthur in life than lamar.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:
pngfan93 said:

i agree with this. to make lamar football sucussful they need to have more local players on the team playing, that would bring in the crowds(friends, family etc). we have lots of talented players in this area that go to the BIG colleges and do not play. but if a local kid is offered a full scholarship to the Big colleges (ex. Texas, AandM , Duke, etc ) then by all means take it, the education the kid get there would go furthur in life than lamar.

This is a false assumption. Lamar is a great institution for higher education, and it is only getting better. The nursing and engineering programs at Lamar are among the top programs in the state if not in the nation. I believe a 100% passing of the nurses exam and the 100% job placement rate for nurses speaks to the success at Lamar. What other school could make this claim?

lu cards

100+ Posts
lamar is a great school with several top tier degree options.go ahead and send your kids off and go into debt.the days of lamar being perceived as second rate are over.walter umphrey wouldnt put money into a second rate university.news out of lamar tonight is they will be playing the aggies in 2012.woodard aint playing around.

N

NDNPARENT

well when i know a few of the professor at LU it makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up!! lol. used to work with 3 of them and oh how i can tell some stories lol. but am not going there!

and trust me if a kid has a DEGREE from say Texas A&M compare to LU then hmmm. who you think is going ot get the job, or the most money ... trust me on this i know a few kids taht grad from LU and some from AM and the one form AM are making lots of money! But of course they had to move out of this area which is a given if you wnat to make the money!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores