Ideal 2024-25 Pre-District Schedule

bandkid

Staff member
I'm curious to hear y'all's thoughts on this.

Personally, in order of preference, I want:
  1. Port Arthur Memorial;
  2. Silsbee;
  3. Barbers Hill;
  4. Jasper; and/or
  5. West Orange-Stark.
I suspect PN-G will be in a weaker (though possibly larger) district next year, so I want a more thorough pre-district test to prepare us for the playoffs.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I'm curious to hear y'all's thoughts on this.

Personally, in order of preference, I want:
  1. Port Arthur Memorial;
  2. Silsbee;
  3. Barbers Hill;
  4. Jasper; and/or
  5. West Orange-Stark.
I suspect PN-G will be in a weaker (though possibly larger) district next year, so I want a more thorough pre-district test to prepare us for the playoffs.

Won’t be weaker if MLC and/or Huntsville are in it as some have suggested. In any case, I agree that a stronger pre-district schedule would be better. PA memorial is a no brainer but I would also like to see us playing one of the stronger 6A teams. With regard to the latter idea, I guess you have to balance being more battle tested against the possible loss of confidence that could result from a loss. In my mind being more battle tested wins out. It certainly did not hurt SOC the last couple of years.

Davidp43

100+ Posts
My bet is we get 2, since i think we we will be in a 9 team district, heard rumor that PNG & PAM dont wont to play next year due to alignments but possibly not true

Davidp43

100+ Posts
I would like to see someone that would be a possible bidistrict matchup like Richmond Randle and possible matchup later in playoffs like Pflugerville

bandkid

Staff member
To the extent possible, I think it's best to minimize pre-district travel. Being in a district that stretches from Lake Conroe to the Neches is hard enough on the fans and the kids' families as is.

bandkid

Staff member
Won’t be weaker if MLC and/or Huntsville are in it as some have suggested. In any case, I agree that a stronger pre-district schedule would be better. PA memorial is a no brainer but I would also like to see us playing one of the stronger 6A teams. With regard to the latter idea, I guess you have to balance being more battle tested against the possible loss of confidence that could result from a loss. In my mind being more battle tested wins out. It certainly did not hurt SOC the last couple of years.

I don't know. I don't think either of those schools is as tough as FBM has been on average the last several seasons.

Most seasons, Huntsville is about even with Texas City, in my opinion. District title contender, but not quite cream of the crop.

Long term, I think there's a question mark hanging over MLC. Remember Montgomery a few seasons back. They went 11-1 with a loss to a 7-4 PN-G team in the second round and haven't done anything impressive since. Will MLC do the same, or will they find sustained success?

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I don't know. I don't think either of those schools is as tough as FBM has been on average the last several seasons.

Most seasons, Huntsville is about even with Texas City, in my opinion. District title contender, but not quite cream of the crop.

Long term, I think there's a question mark hanging over MLC. Remember Montgomery a few seasons back. They went 11-1 with a loss to a 7-4 PN-G team in the second round and haven't done anything impressive since. Will MLC do the same, or will they find sustained success?
That QB and RB are coming back next year
For Lake Creek

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts

Might be a wash considering the notion that FBM seems to have had an “off” year, but I doubt it will be much weaker if both of those 2 are in it. Although MLC may be a bit of a question mark long term, it looks like they are likely to be pretty good next year.

Last edited:

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Huntsville and Montgomery Lake Creek will be tough next season. They both return a lot of kids on defense, their QBs, and top RBs.

Torino

500+ Posts
West Brook is dropping to 5A1 next season. Perhaps a game against W B? Short travel distance, too.

bandkid

Staff member
West Brook is dropping to 5A1 next season. Perhaps a game against W B? Short travel distance, too.
I actually like that idea, but for the fact that West Brook went 0-10 this year and lost to 1-9 United. I don't think that they bring anything more to the table than United, and I don't think United has been much of a test the last two seasons.

bandkid

Staff member
Katy has almost 4,000 students and more talent than anything we would see in district play or the playoffs. Provided we could avoid the injury bug, it would be the best possible test. And it would be pretty neat to see father and son square off with each other a la Todd and Riley Dodge.

CS

100+ Posts
1. Katy
2. West Brook
3. Aledo
4. Choctawhatchee, Florida or Niceville, Florida
5. Lake Dallas or Frisco Emerson

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Katy has almost 4,000 students and more talent than anything we would see in district play or the playoffs. Provided we could avoid the injury bug, it would be the best possible test. And it would be pretty neat to see father and son square off with each other a la Todd and Riley Dodge.
Yep! Father vs Son and two of the BEST fan bases in the STATE….THAT would be “LEGENDARY”!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores