IMPORTANT: June 16th School Board Meeting in Groves

78 Indian

I heard from a guy at the school board meeting that there were several dozen people in attendance to support the coaches. The board voted to leave the $4,000 in the coaches contracts until their contract expires. After that the $4,000 would be paid as a stipend from there out. So the coaches are not going to lose any pay. 5 of the members voted to approve it, Balsamo voted against it, and Walters was not present. I have now decided to vote for whoever runs against balsamo at the next board election.

png94

100+ Posts
I counted 50 people there. It was also approved for the track to be repaired, and Balsamo also voted against. He sits up there with a scowl on his face, and it's like he votes against it just because. We have 10 less coaches in our district than the average for other schools! Unbelievable!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Yep, that's one that has to go! And Walters played an interesting card by not showing up. Do you think that he knew it would not be voted down, so he no-showed. That way, he wouldn't go on record as voting against it? Hmmmmmm.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Many thanks to all who attended tonight's school board meeting...the summary posted above by 78 Indian is correct re: the coaching stipend issue. Purple Warrior - I enjoyed meeting you in person. Thank you for attending and supporting PN-GISD.

Anyone wanting to know how the district operates and the issues facing trustees, administrators, teachers, and taxpayers should attend school board meetings. There were informative discussions and exchanges of ideas about budget issues, forecasting revenues and expenses, planning the district calendar for 2014-2015, complying with state requirements regarding 180 days of instruction from August to June, and continuing or restarting a district program to assist children with special needs.

A tip of the cap to Ms. Hernandez, the PN-GISD business manager. She was well prepared and transparent about the financial affairs of the district. A tip of the cap, part II, to Dr. Cavness, Dr. Gonzalez, Dr. Duhon, Ms. Jennings, Ms. Hernandez, the trustees and the attendees. The meeting was conducted professionally and cordially. Everyone may not agree on particular issues, but the input from the community, the discussions, sharing of ideas, questions, motions, voting and interactions among the district's leaders were professional and courteous. PN-GISD has a tradition of excellence and core values of Honor, Pride and Tradition. Those were on display tonight. Well done.

Go Indians. Peace.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
Yep, that's one that has to go! And Walters played an interesting card by not showing up. Do you think that he knew it would not be voted down, so he no-showed. That way, he wouldn't go on record as voting against it? Hmmmmmm.

Well we're stuck with him until 2016!!!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
justafan said:
PNG Proud said:

And he's counting on the fact that most will forget by then and he'll be voted in again.......

biaplayer

I was impressed by who showed up. I kept quiet and didn't say anything to anyone. I agree and think Balsamo is an endangered species, he has to go!!!!! Walters the no show, well kind of obvious he also needs to be voted out. The look on his face said it all. Was not happy with the outcome. Would love to see the look on his face when he gets voted out. Thanks to all who showed up think it made a difference and I'm sure the coaches are pleased to a point. Just hope it isn't too late, Hope Faircloth chooses to stay with us.

TexasTech84

Glad to see the school board made the right move. As for Mr. Balsamo, the heat was on, and sadly his side kick Walters didn't even show up to support him, Walters talk the talk but cannot walk the walk, only behind close doors. Mr. Walters, like the financial guru Larry Winget says! You need to grow a pair. Is there a local citizen that is well known, we'll liked and powerful that is willing to runs against Balsamo? He/she will have my vote just because. And as for Walters, he should keep in mind that when 2016 rolls around this issue will not be forgotten and it will be use against him come election time. PNG does not have time for elected officials to implementing there personal agendas for the sake of some old buddies (assuming coaches) because they were reassigned or not kept on the new coaching staff. Oh we'll it happens every time there is ANY coaching changes in any sports. See you at the school board voting polls.

biaplayer

+1 for TexasTech, I know someone who would run against him. Great guy , is always there when someone needs help and never says no to a good cause. Volunteers his time for charity in someones time of need. I will drop a bug in his ear lol.

newschool

I could say many things regarding this thread, but instead, I choose to be a Christian about this and simply say...
But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Matthew 5:44

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
Found out that Walters is in Germany visiting his son, who is in the Military. Thought it should be said, to be fair. Plans had already been made when the meeting was rescheduled to the 16th.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
newschool said:
I could say many things regarding this thread, but instead, I choose to be a Christian about this and simply say...
But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Matthew 5:44

:hi:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
newschool said:

Many of us are Christians. But that doesn't mean stand by and let your values and ideals be crushed by those who persecute what or who you care about. Better to stand for what we believe in, and make sure that's clear. That's the only hope this great country has left, starting with local issues.

Fairlane

100+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
justafan said:
PNG Proud said:

And he's counting on the fact that most will forget by then and he'll be voted in again.......

+1.
He was voted in overwhelmingly to complete a term in 2009 and showed quickly how he felt about BF and athletics.

He defeated a fine young man, far more qualified and an avowed supporter of BF and the Booster Club, in a landslide orchestrated by Squaw, Walters, and Parker in 2010 & immediately took BF to task (again). The community rewarded his negativism in 2013 by allowing him to run unopposed.

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
Instead of glaring at everyone why not inform the community why you oppose an issue. Surely your conscious should guide you to win folks over with facts and why it would not be a good decision. Nothing wrong with standing up for what you believe in. Did not see that.

biaplayer

cant fault the man for going to Germany to see his son. Doesn't change my opinion on him though. Someone needs to run against these people and get them out! When a man sits up there with a prissy poutty face with his arms crossed and doesn't say a word it speaks volumes (Balsamo)

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I was told that certain board members were blown away by the citizens attending. They absolutely were not expecting that kind of a showing. Nice job guys! Too bad I couldn't be there (working), but my wife and daughter were there.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The headlines should read: "Community 'Indian Spirit' prevails over traitorous school board members" ;)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores