IMPORTANT: June 16th School Board Meeting in Groves

png94

100+ Posts
Re: May 12th board meeting in Groves

Congrats to coach Cox! He was a good defensive coach at PNG that was always full of energy and the kids loved him. Goes to show you that BF hires good coaches and many of them have moved up in their career. :woot: :clap:

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

This is what I found in the Board Agenda from last month.

G. Future Agenda
Items
Parker asked that administration work towards making a recommendation to
address some of the salary and stipend needs that were revealed in the salary
study.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

Indian Fan - please change the name of this thread/topic from May 12th School Board Meeting in Groves to June 16th School Board Meeting in Groves.

Also, can you create a banner on the message board home page that alerts people to the school board meeting on June 16, 2014, beginning at 7:00 p.m. at the West Groves campus. Perhaps something like:

ATTENTION: Please attend the PN-GISD school board meeting on Monday, June 16, 2014, beginning at 7:00 p.m. at the West Groves Education Center, f/k/a West Groves Elementary, 5840 West Jefferson, Groves, Texas 77619. Thank you.

Gracias, Merci, Thanks.

Go Indians. Peace.

bark

1,000+ Posts

1989NDN said:
Indian Fan - please change the name of this thread/topic from May 12th School Board Meeting in Groves to June 16th School Board Meeting in Groves.

Also, can you create a banner on the message board home page that alerts people to the school board meeting on June 16, 2014, beginning at 7:00 p.m. at the West Groves campus. Perhaps something like:

ATTENTION: Please attend the PN-GISD school board meeting on Monday, June 16, 2014, beginning at 7:00 p.m. at the West Groves Education Center, f/k/a West Groves Elementary, 5840 West Jefferson, Groves, Texas 77619. Thank you.

Gracias, Merci, Thanks.

Go Indians. Peace.

after talking to a SB member this weekend - well, we need to be there. I am trying to rebook my flight that morning to the next day to attend.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts

TRIBE said:
Congrats to coach Cox! He was a good defensive coach at PNG that was always full of energy and the kids loved him. Goes to show you that BF hires good coaches and many of them have moved up in their career. :woot: :clap:

Absolutely right. BF has had more than his share of qualified coaches who have passed through the RESERVATION. Cox is just one of many. I do believe that this makes 3 HC from the original staff of 2009. Cannot remember how long it has been that PN-G had 3 coaches move on to become a HC in their own right? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bark

1,000+ Posts

ingainerYYZ said:
TRIBE said:

Absolutely right. BF has had more than his share of qualified coaches who have passed through the RESERVATION. Cox is just one of many. I do believe that this makes 3 HC from the original staff of 2009. Cannot remember how long it has been that PN-G had 3 coaches move on to become a HC in their own right? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

the year after the State Champ '75 we had Bush down south Portland, maybe , Carswell Forest Park- go head coach. Davis and Nunez go to A&M then Tulane then UT,etc.... Clearman goes to Hobbs a couple years later.

Had to be the best group of coaches ever - wins, promotions, championships.

think about it - Ethridges 1st year Semifinal, 2nd State Champ, 3rd State Champ game, 4th semifinal 11 Allstaters in '75 alone.

We got together May2,3,4 for our annual reunion -39 YEARS later

I like Fairclothe BUT how can you argue the facts of Ethridges group, plus a Hall of Fame Coach,

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts

bark said:
ingainerYYZ said:
TRIBE said:

the year after the State Champ '75 we had Bush down south Portland, maybe , Carswell Forest Park- go head coach. Davis and Nunez go to A&M then Tulane then UT,etc.... Clearman goes to Hobbs a couple years later.

think about it - Ethridges 1st year Semifinal, 2nd State Champ, 3rd State Champ game, 4th semifinal 11 Allstaters in '75 alone.

I like Fairclothe BUT how can you argue the facts of Ethridges group, plus a Hall of Fame Coach,

Etheridge is still KING and the benchmark. I thought his first year was the fall of 73 and the INDIANS came in 2nd for district? Is my memory incorrect?

bark

1,000+ Posts

I'm trying to remember -gettin old

yes that was Leslie Hannah's group '74 seniors that followed Bergeron's group '73 Seniors(Watson, coach)

'75 seniors - semi
'76 seniors champ
'77 seniors state game
'78 seniors semt i
thanks for making my go down memory lane.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

74-semi
75-state champ
76-semi
77-state finals

Lots of talent + outstanding coaches = W/L record of 52-6 (W% 89.655) ... not too shabby.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

1989NDN said:
74-semi
75-state champ
76-semi
77-state finals

Lots of talent + outstanding coaches = W/L record of 52-6 (W% 89.655) ... not too shabby.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

ingainerYYZ said:
bark said:
ingainerYYZ said:
TRIBE said:

Etheridge is still KING and the benchmark. I thought his first year was the fall of 73 and the INDIANS came in 2nd for district? Is my memory incorrect?

All the PNG football history is here:

http://www.pngindians.com/sports/football/history

Torino

500+ Posts

ingainerYYZ said:
bark said:
ingainerYYZ said:
TRIBE said:

Correct. PNG under Etheridge was 6-4 in 1973, then went 52-6 over the next 4 seasons.
The team from 1970-72 was 25-5 with only 3 district losses including a win over #10 TJ in the final game of the 1971 season.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Friendly Reminder: Please go to the PN-GISD school board meeting on June 16, 2014, at 7:00 p.m., at the West Groves Education Center.

Residents and taxpayers of Port Neches and Groves, alumni of PN-G, and friends of PN-GISD, plan to attend on June 16. Even if you do not live in the area anymore, go attend the meeting and support the students, teachers and coaches. I had someone tell me that I have no concern...I am an out of town alum...and since I no longer live there or pay taxes to PN-GISD, I should not have a concern. The residents of Port Neches and Groves elected the board. As an alum, I do have a concern. I still care about PN-G. I want what is best for PN-GISD, its students, and the residents of Port Neches and Groves. Show up at the school board meeting on June 16. Let all of the board members know that you support what is best for the district. We have a good coach and we support him and his program. Whatever stipend is set forth in his contract, it should be honored.

Go Indians. Peace.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
1989NDN said:
Friendly Reminder: Please go to the PN-GISD school board meeting on June 16, 2014, at 7:00 p.m., at the West Groves Education Center.

Residents and taxpayers of Port Neches and Groves, alumni of PN-G, and friends of PN-GISD, plan to attend on June 16. Even if you do not live in the area anymore, go attend the meeting and support the students, teachers and coaches. I had someone tell me that I have no concern...I am an out of town alum...and since I no longer live there or pay taxes to PN-GISD, I should not have a concern. The residents of Port Neches and Groves elected the board. As an alum, I do have a concern. I still care about PN-G. I want what is best for PN-GISD, its students, and the residents of Port Neches and Groves. Show up at the school board meeting on June 16. Let all of the board members know that you support what is best for the district. We have a good coach and we support him and his program. Whatever stipend is set forth in his contract, it should be honored.

Go Indians. Peace.

So this is what it has come down to................someone trying to suppress opinions? Who are we dealing with? What are we dealing with? All of this because someone does not want Coach Faircloth to be successful? Who is really representing PN-G? :huh:

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
I will make my best effort to attend the meeting on the 16Th. Just wondering if this would even be an issue if Indians would have went deep into the playoffs? Times have changed. So many more variables than in the 70s. Lets support and give our coaches the means to focus on the kids. Please try to attend and maybe we will see all the facts.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
1989NDN said:

Go Indians. Peace.

Following that line of logic, ask this individual if the alumni living out of town, which probably exceeds the number living in PN and G, if they approve of any of us attending games, contributing to the booster clubs, or anything else that supports our former high school.

That's one backwards thinking and shortsighted person. :crazy:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores