Indian Stadium Renovation

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good.

The district hasn't posted any new pictures in a week. That's no way to treat inquiring minds. ;)

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Here are the new pictures. They are continuing the demolition of the Cosmetology building, have demolished one of the ticket booths, and are moving the end zone stands (to the tennis courts, I believe).

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
every time I pass by the stadium I wish while they had the chance they'd go ahead and finish it with all the original perks they talked about. Its gonna be really really nice and I cant wait but I still wish all the "extras" werent being taken out of the plans, expecially all the bricks enclosing the stands.

They'll regret not finding a way to get it done in a few years....JMO.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
While I feel the same way you do, the bricks surrounding the stands can be added later. The main thing that will have to stay as it is will be the press box -- 2 stories instead of 3. That is something we'll rarely ever realize as fans.

I thought it would have been nice to keep the "pro shop", but it was unnecessary. I was thinking of the possibilities of the things they could sell through it. Once again, if the necessity arises for one, it can probably be added later. Does anyone know, if any, how many high school stadiums actually have a pro shop?

I'm excited that we will be getting the video screen on the score board and an upgraded sound system. Though they are not included in the bond money, these are things that we will notice far more often than a 3 story press box.

I am remaining optimistic that the stadium will be everything the students deserve it to be. I am also remaining optimistic that other projects may be added to the stadium in the future either via another bond, or a little at a time out of the maintenance and operation budget. Heck, even allow advertising in the stadium to raise money for more projects. Let Coca-Cola put their name on the concession stands for a hefty price. We have some of the best attendance in the area. It would be advertising well spent for them.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
pressbox

Look at page 9:
http://www.admin.pngisd.org/Bond_files/PNG_Stadium_VE_01-10-2008%20Final.pdf

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Check this photo out.... puts it all in perspective.

http://www.admin.pngisd.org/Bond_files/ConstructionPics/AerialView_%20Footbal_%20Stadium.jpg

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
More pictures taken today. They've really slowed down. It looks like the demolition stage should be wrapping up soon. Hopefully we'll see some things start to get put in soon. The field looks leveled, and they have put fresh sand behind the visitors' side.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
It looks like they are beginning the rebuilding process. They have removed the track and put down gravel where the new one will go.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I went by again today. There wasn't really anything to take pictures of. It looks like they are going to install some drainage on the field (maybe). They have also laid the underground plumbing on the visitors' side. That's about all there is to report.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Discussion of a tentative football schedule had board members asking when a home game could be played in the new high school stadium which is under construction. A report indicated the project is going smoothly and progress continued over spring break. If good weather prevails, the project should be complete by Oct. 1 and a possible Oct. 10 homecoming game could possibly be at the stadium.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I drove past the stadium yesterday. There still isn't anything worthy of new photos; however, it looks as if they are ready to pour concrete on the visitors' side. Maybe we'll see that happen soon.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I drove by again yesterday. They have poured some concrete on the visitors' side. There is still more to be poured.

WB/NDN

Drove by today and US flag pole was setting the girders for the new scoreboard and screen where the endzone seats once were, and might I say they were very tall and massive. ;D

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores