Indian Stadium Renovation

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
Justafan said:
http://www.kbmt12.com/sports/20722084.html

Channel 12 reports stadium will be completed by Sept 12 home opener against Texas City.

Hopefully the weather will remain favorable so it's not delayed.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
yankeedawg said:
Justafan said:
http://www.kbmt12.com/sports/20722084.html

Channel 12 reports stadium will be completed by Sept 12 home opener against Texas City.

Hopefully the weather will remain favorable so it's not delayed.

I don't know where he got his info from, but I hope its true!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
They began pouring the track today, and they are still working on the end zone lettering. There has been no press box structure work on several days now.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
I wonder if they will put anything in the center of the field, Anyone heard? I also hope they dont put in the lines for soccer permanently, that makes a field look too cluttered IMO.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
PNG1992 said:
I wonder if they will put anything in the center of the field, Anyone heard? I also hope they dont put in the lines for soccer permanently, that makes a field look too cluttered IMO.

I've heard of the possibility of an Indian head in the center of the field. I've heard nothing of soccer lines (one way or the other).

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Drove by and looked at the field today its very impressive cant wait to watch us run out on to the field for the first time it will be an awsome expereince. Congrats to all the people who voted and supports this project. especially for the kiddos who will get to paly on this field.

Go Indians

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
It is looking pretty fine!!!! I just read where NISD is looking over the proposed Bond for their district, it includes a new stadium and turf in the proposal. They are trying to decide if there is enough room at the current high school for the field and parking...

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Drove by just now. Doesn't look like much has been done today. It appears as though the aluminum supports for the seating has been delivered.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
MightyNDNS said:
It is looking pretty fine!!!! I just read where NISD is looking over the proposed Bond for their district, it includes a new stadium and turf in the proposal. They are trying to decide if there is enough room at the current high school for the field and parking...

Yeah, you know how it is... we finally get a cool scoreboard, so Ned has to get a Jumbotron. We get a new stadium, so now they have to 1-up us again. Always trying keep up w/ the Indians! ;)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Building a new stadium at the high school campus would present some serious traffic challenges. It's not a good location.
Based on the article a new press box and turf is the most likely option.

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
IndianFan said:
Building a new stadium at the high school campus would present some serious traffic challenges. It's not a good location.
Based on the article a new press box and turf is the most likely option.

IMO theres no way a bond with a new football stadium included passes in Nederland right now. With the price of supplies going up every day that price tag would be outrageous. I can see them trying to push in turf and maybe a pressbox but Id doubt they'd even try for a new stadium this go around.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Indian Stadium ended up around $10M and that's leveraging an existing field house, visitors stands, and what limited parking that's there now.

A new stadium and parking in Nederland would likely be a minimum of $15-20 million. And if it's on the high school campus you've got serious traffic flow problems.

As with the Reservation, I like the location of Bulldog Stadium and the history it has. A new pressbox, turf and maybe some parking would make it a nice venue.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
In 2004, when I was regularly going to bond committee meetings under Dr. Creel, PN-G spec'd out a 15 thousand seat concrete stadium at $22 million. That included field turf, and concrete stands on both visitor and home sides. It did not include a field house or parking. Fast forward 4 years, and I wouldn't be surprised for a 12 thousand seat aluminum stadium with field house and parking to surpass that, especially with construction prices rising 2% per month right now.

That being said, I'm convinced that such a facility would pass in the bond. They want it pretty bad.

IndianFan said:
As with the Reservation, I like the location of Bulldog Stadium and the history it has. A new pressbox, turf and maybe some parking would make it a nice venue.

I feel the same way. Not that I have a say in it, but I'd like to see them move Central Middle to the current high school and build a new high school where Central currently stand. This would place the stadium at the high school without having to move it. Then they can upgrade the current stadium.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Indian Stadium ended up around $10M and that's leveraging an existing field house, visitors stands, and what limited parking that's there now.

A new stadium and parking in Nederland would likely be a minimum of $15-20 million. And if it's on the high school campus you've got serious traffic flow problems.

I have to agree with ya IndianFan, especially about the parking. The parking is horrendous..I live a block and a half from the Pound, so we just walk...but the streets around here on football Fridays look like New York's Midtown and worse than that when MCM is played here. (But that's a good thing.. ;D)
Seriously though, alot of my neighbors put up some types of barricades to stop folks from parking on their lawns and driveways. When we get home from the game there are usually 10-12 cars parked on my property, mostly friends so it's no big deal..We charge em $10 and offer valet service, car wash and quick oil changes...lol. Can't wait to see your new stadium...

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
1/2 block from the Pound??? Yankee Dawg, we need to talk as we get closer to MCM. hehe ;)

1 and 1/2 blocks Proud. BUt if ya can handle the walk, you'd be welcomed to park at my place. UUhhh did ya see the $10 fee we charge...thats for BULLDOG fans. I may have to up it a bit for you guys. ;D ;D.

Just promise you won't rip divots in the front lawn.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
yankeedawg said:
PNG Proud said:
1/2 block from the Pound??? Yankee Dawg, we need to talk as we get closer to MCM. hehe ;)

1 and 1/2 blocks Proud. BUt if ya can handle the walk, you'd be welcomed to park at my place. UUhhh did ya see the $10 fee we charge...thats for BULLDOG fans. I may have to up it a bit for you guys. ;D ;D.

Sounds awesome! I'd happily return the favor one day, but I doubt you'd want to walk from Groves. :-\
$10 sounds like a great deal to me. I'm just afraid my tires would be slashed after we beat ya'll again tho.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
yankeedawg said:
PNG Proud said:

Sounds awesome! I'd happily return the favor one day, but I doubt you'd want to walk from Groves. :-\
$10 sounds like a great deal to me. I'm just afraid my tires would be slashed after we beat ya'll again tho.

LMBO...my son doesn't slash tires ( at least not those from folks we know), unless we lose the game and I tell him to. So you won't have to worry about that!!! ;D ;D BTW what size rims do you have??? I need some new ones for my truck.

Seriously, you are more than welcome to park. We haven't had any problems with vandalism since I've lived here (7 years).

MCM is gonna be at the Reservation this year isn't it? It should be ready by then???

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores