Indian Stadium Renovation

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It adds a little fun factor. :party: In my free/wasteable time I'll see what other decent smilies were on the old messageboard and install them as time allows.

2008 Indian offensive line:

:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

Opposing defensive lines:

:faint: :cry: :whiteflag: :faint: :cry: :sorry:

NDN X

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
It adds a little fun factor. :party: In my free/wasteable time I'll see what other decent smilies were on the old messageboard and install them as time allows.

2008 Indian offensive line:

Opposing defensive lines:

:faint: :cry: :whiteflag: :faint: :cry: :sorry:

love em!!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Just got back from the stadium. One of these days I'm gonna get the gumption to walk in the stadium and take better pictures.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good. Based on the design drawing, the lower sections will eventually be twice as tall as what they have up so far in the middle of the bleachers and on the north end of the field. Then the middle section between the 25 yard lines will rise approx. another 20 rows. :rocks:

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I wonder if those stairs will be runable, i.e. if the public will be allowed to do that (and walk the track)?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Then the middle section between the 25 yard lines will rise approx. another 20 rows. :rocks:

If season ticket seating stays close to the same, I will be rally close to the top of those extra 20 top rows!!!!!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Ask and you shall receive. Photos from inside the stadium!

Pouring the black "beads". Looking at the amount of this in the staging area, they will be at this for a while.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Impressive Span.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Close-up of second layer of track
web.jpg

Close-up of turf.
web.jpg

Looks steeper than what used to be there.
web.jpg

web.jpg

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Great pics pngfan93!!!!!!!!!

:band: :band: :band: :band: :rocks: :popcorn: :music:

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Wow. great progress since yesterday!
thanx again 93'!
Man, I can't wait to watch the 1st game! :popcorn:

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Cool stuff..I "double dog dare you" to take your video camera, get on the field, and sprint from one end to the other zigging and zagging to paydirt :)

Then set the video to Cherokee and upload it :)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG NDN Fan said:
Cool stuff..I "double dog dare you" to take your video camera, get on the field, and sprint from one end to the other zigging and zagging to paydirt :)

Then set the video to Cherokee and upload it :)

The turf police might be on the lookout. :police:

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Wow. Looking good!! :woot: :woot:

Small disappointment in the center of field. Whish they would have been able to incorporate the Indian head logo with the PNG. But still can't wait to see the Indian Spirit stake that arrow in the middle of the field after the completion of Cherokee.

tribesman

100+ Posts
Don't misinterpret this as a complaint. I think just staggering the letters just a little would have made a HUGE difference in the way the P-N-G would look. Overall, the place looks awesome !

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It would have been a pain in the neck to align the letters correctly. Looks great regardless.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I just went by the stadium. They are still hard at work with the "beads." It doesn't look like any work was done on the stands.

Question: Why do they call them stands when you are really supposed to sit on them? :huh: :thud: :faint:

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
I just went by the stadium. They are still hard at work with the "beads." It doesn't look like any work was done on the stands.

Question: Why do they call them stands when you are really supposed to sit on them? :huh: :thud: :faint:

Kinda like why they call driveways when you park in them or why they call apartments, apartments when they are so close together.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :thud: :thud:

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Still doesn't look like there's been much work done on the home side.

web.jpg

Here is a different view underneath the visitors' side:

web.jpg

web.jpg

NDNband69

500+ Posts
I spoke with a masonry worker who said there is a problem with steel. This could lead to a 3 week delay. When I saw the major steel work stop almost 2 weeks now, I felt something was not right. If we are lucky, the revised steel might arrive next week. Masonry work is progressing on the home side.

We are also getting people from outside the PNG community driving by to have a look. I spoke with one from Orange who was amazed at what we are going to have. The beautiful field, the steep and massive stands, that college quality video/scoreboard and our crowds are going to push the PNG game experience to a new level. We are very lucky.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
NDNband69 said:
I spoke with a masonry worker who said there is a problem with steel. This could lead to a 3 week delay. When I saw the major steel work stop almost 2 weeks now, I felt something was not right. If we are lucky, the revised steel might arrive next week. Masonry work is progressing on the home side.

Just what we need. A delay to postpone the first game in the stadium.

NDNband69 said:
We are also getting people from outside the PNG community driving by to have a look. I spoke with one from Orange who was amazed at what we are going to have. The beautiful field, the steep and massive stands, that college quality video/scoreboard and our crowds are going to push the PNG game experience to a new level. We are very lucky.

:welcome: :hi: :popcorn:

You're right. The experience will be like nothing we have seen.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores