Indian Stadium Renovation

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
The work is not complete on he track. All it has now is asphalt. I would think that the final surface on the track would be one of the last things done on the stadium. Once it goes down, nothing can be driven across it except for the occasional golf cart.

I have walked on the track. It is how I have taken the pictures that I have. I have seen some people stop and talk to workers as they took a break. No one has discouraged it yet. The main rule seems to be "Do not walk on the field."

badndn

500+ Posts
NDN X said:
someone at work today told me they saw "walkers" on the track. I cant believe this would be allowed with all that is still going on.....is the track even totally complete?

Not suprised at all with the lack of attention that the construction crew has payed to safety. Check out the photo below. No hard hats, no safety glasses, the guy is not tied of (no fall protection), they are using a forklift to raise the beams with the load out on the end of the forks instead of using a crane and no spotter.

web.jpg

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Great shots 93. Today was a good day. It sure is nice to see some action on steel work. Once those last pieces are filled in, the lower section of the home side has one more column to reach. They are starting to place the steel for that row on columns now. Looks like the visitors side roof steel is almost there.

Do you find yourself just staring at the video/scoreboard. Are we going to come up with a nickname for our monster video screen?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
1st: Thanks to the local fans/alumni that post pictures. Much appreciated. Nice photos.

2nd: Someone tell MB and the school board to carve out some money for a PAT/FG net to be raised when a team is kicking a PAT or FG towards the new scoreboard. We need netting to catch the ball after it passes through the uprights ... we need to protect that scoreboard. You can buy a purple netting with white letters that say PN-G. Most college teams use similar type products. If the school needs money for this, then we need to have another PNGINDIANS.COM fundraiser.

Thanks again to those that post pictures. Nice to see more discussion on this message board forum.

Go Indians.

Peace.

NDN X

100+ Posts
1989NDN said:
1st: Thanks to the local fans/alumni that post pictures. Much appreciated. Nice photos.

2nd: Someone tell MB and the school board to carve out some money for a PAT/FG net to be raised when a team is kicking a PAT or FG towards the new scoreboard. We need netting to catch the ball after it passes through the uprights ... we need to protect that scoreboard. You can buy a purple netting with white letters that say PN-G. Most college teams use similar type products. If the school needs money for this, then we need to have another PNGINDIANS.COM fundraiser.

Thanks again to those that post pictures. Nice to see more discussion on this message board forum.

Go Indians.

Peace.

wonder if anyone else thought of this? that is a really cool idea about the net with PNG on it!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Great idea! That would be a great touch to the stadium. Not sure what the supporting structure would need to be to attach the net to though. But let's check into it!! If it looks feasible/affordable then ask the school if they would accept it. If all systems are go then we can gather the money. Might be best for someone local to head up the effort, actually purchase it and then hand it over as a gift.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
You'd also have to have someone heist it up for every kick. You wouldn't want to leave it up all the time, for alot of reasons, but the biggest is it would block the new scoreboard.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I would be curious about the calculus about this anyway. What are the chances that a PAT or FG will make it that far and that high? I know Joey Price had a leg but I never recall any of his kicks being at jumbotron elevation that far back.

I am guessing from the plan drawing that the scoreboard is 35 yds beyond the back line of the end zone. So even with a PAT you are looking at about ~55 yards. At that distance even the strongest of high school kickers would have a trouble getting the ball at the height of "The Reservation" banner on the scoreboard (but not sure how high that is). No way they get it as high as the color jumbotron.

Interesting math/physics problem.

akifan94

500+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
I would be curious about the calculus about this anyway. What are the chances that a PAT or FG will make it that far and that high? I know Joey Price had a leg but I never recall any of his kicks being at jumbotron elevation that far back.

I am guessing from the plan drawing that the scoreboard is 35 yds beyond the back line of the end zone. So even with a PAT you are looking at about ~55 yards. At that distance even the strongest of high school kickers would have a trouble getting the ball at the height of "The Reservation" banner on the scoreboard (but not sure how high that is). No way they get it as high as the color jumbotron.

Interesting math/physics problem.

Looking at the picture I think you are right. I cannot remember an extra point making it to the track on either end. It would have to be one heck of a kick just to make it to the base of the score board.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I just drove by the stadium. Work on the press box appears to have resumed. They now have two big cranes working moving aluminum and iron. I didn't have my camera with me.

Speaking of pictures, I will be out of town next week and will not be able to see the stadium nor provide photos. I'm leaving town as soon as I renew my season tickets. If anyone can pick up on the daily updates for next week, it will be greatly appreciated. Maybe someone could even provide photos, as I'll be going through withdrawal being out of town.

NDN X

100+ Posts
saw a crane in a different place today, but didn't see it moving. BTW, what is going to be on the back of our scoreboard? I remember seeing someone ask if we were going to get a mural type picture similar to Neds, but don't remember seeing an answer. Just wondering....

modmouse78

100+ Posts
they have done some more work on the stands. i took some pictures with my phone but do not know how to upload them properly. Help.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
All of the bottom sections framing is now in place. The middle/high section framing is about 40% done. About 6 more rows to get to my seats. It is looking very impressive. Still does not appear to be any work on the pressbox structure.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
email them to me (webmaster@pngindians.com), or reply to this message, or create a new one, and use the additional options feature below the message text box to attach your pictures.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
The first two columns of the last row of the stands structure were in place when I left this afternoon. More concrete was poured on the visitors side along with outside lighting fixtures installed on the sides of the visitors buildings. Those lighting fixtures look really nice. The flag poles are installed.

I have inside info that structural steel we have badly needed should arrive tomorrow.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores